Turn on thread page Beta

dont read it - it is too long, another BF problems watch

(Original post by elr_moran)
    If it was just the computer game...well, some men are like that. My boyfriend is really into computer games... but even then, if I was only coming for one day he wouldn't spend the day complaining about not being able to play his sodding game. I am in a long distance relationship too, so I can sympathise with that bit.

However, what he said about you almost being raped is uncalled for and just plain insensitive. You could try to save it but, as someone else said, you're just waiting for the next blow.

Have you tried explaining to him how you feel when he says these things? Maybe he simply doesn't realise. You often have to be blunt with men.
    i did talk and he did say that it was stupid of him, and i want to forgive him, but cant...may be coz it is not for the first time he hurts me like this...
    and i totaly agree, that if it would be just laying it is ok, but he is obsessed wiht this game, it is everywhere and all the time in his head and I would totaly not expect him to even remember about the game when I came...just for one day...it was too miuch for me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i did talk and he did say that it was stupid of him, and i want to forgive him, but cant...may be coz it is not for the first time he hurts me like this...
    and i totaly agree, that if it would be just laying it is ok, but he is obsessed wiht this game, it is everywhere and all the time in his head and I would totaly not expect him to even remember about the game when I came...just for one day...it was too miuch for me...
    If he's hurt you before, what's to say he won't do it again? If you've talked to him there seems little else you can do. If you can't forgive him, then maybe that's your head trying to tell you something.

I know it's difficult but if he's going to keep hurting you then it's not worth it.

ReputationRep:
    Oh god, did you say World of Warcraft? Hmm.. my bf plays that too.. a lot. UH-OH :confused: :confused: :confused:

Relaaax.. seriously, it's just a game and I know it might be really confusing to see him give signs that show things you don't want to see.. but let's face it, babe, if you actually search on the net about computer games, you'll really really see how huge they are with guys and how ADDICTIVE they can be... I'm in the same situation I guess but I don't look at it in such a negative way.. I read some of the replies you got.. it is worth asking him questions about it and finding out why he's mad about playing .. I mean, I asked a few questions but it's cuz i was fascinated just watching him and his friends' behaviour change right in front of my eyes when they were playing World of Warcraft, heheh.. funny thing.

The most important question you need to ask yourself is if you really love him. If you do then you'll want to stay together and make things work out. Ask him questions about the game, try joining... do things that'll distract him from the game, if ya kno what i mean
    If you really love him and want to stay together but you can't take it anymore, tell him - I'm serious. But don't make it: it's either ME or the GAME, mister. lol cuz that's unfair.. Just make it clear that when it comes to you, it's only about you, not the games :rolleyes: , and enjoying your time together.

In the end, I'm sorry I have to say this but I don't think long distance relationships are a good idea.. it works for some people but it's really hard most of the time. Maybe you could break up with him so that you can move on and have relationships with guys who live in your area..I always found contact really important.. (and by 'contact', i mean talking on the phone :p: ) we go ridiculously crazy just being away from each other for a week.. ^_^

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, the guys sounds like her prefers computer games to having a lD relationship.

Go to visit him, break up with him.

Then have a wee on his computer.

ReputationRep:
    talk to him. tell him he's being a tosser and that if he doesn't appreciate you then he can't have you, and break up with him. i know it hurts quite a lot to do something like that but if he prefers a computer game to you, do you really want to be with him? as for asking to be raped, seriously, if someone said that to me i'd have castrated him.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.