The Student Room Group

Ayrton Senna vs Michael Schumacher if Senna hadn't been killed

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by super_dooper
Maybe they are just responding to questions or maybe they just want attention, but if you go on any F1 website it seems like every day you get headline such as:-

Berger: 'This will be Schumacher's final season'

Lauda: 'Hamilton is dangerous and needs to sort his head out'

Stewart: 'Alonso will win more titles'

Mansell: 'Vettel can beat Schumacher's records'

Prost: 'Schumacher is past it'

Watson: 'Schumacher will win again'

Etc, etc, etc. I mean, who even asked for their opinions? Unless journalists were simply talking to them and their comments were taken out of context and turned into 'headline news' for F1 websites, etc.

True- I'm a Schumacher fan myself but I doubt he will take what stuff is in the media seriously.
Reply 81
Original post by The_master616
That why Graham and Damon Hill are champions then?

What on earth does that have to do with anything?

Damon Hill a gentleman? OK what about Japan 1998 :wink:.
(edited 12 years ago)
Disagree. I personally wouldn't include some drivers who have won championships in my greatest drivers list. I wouldn't include Jacques Villeneuve or Keke Rosberg for example. In addition, Stirling was a more rounded driver and raced more than just F1 cars (Rallying, Sports cars etc).

Just because a driver didn't win a title in Formula one, doesn't mean that he was crap in any sense.

I didn't say he was 'crap'. I just said he doesn't deserve a place in the top 5 drivers of all time.

My personal top 5 list would be:-

1. Senna
2. Schumacher
3. Prost
4. Jim Clark
5. Mansell

Though I'm sure many of you will disagree...
Original post by f1mad

Damon Hill was a gent, he was very well mannered and polite. And what about Japan 1998, what happened there? I don't remember.
Original post by f1mad
What on earth does that have to do with anything?

Japan 1998? You mean when Shumacher couldn't pass him on the road and then passed Frentzen in the final chicane on the final lap?
Would be interesting to get lists of our Top 5 of all time going
Reply 86
Japan 1998? You mean when Shumacher couldn't pass him on the road and then passed Frentzen in the final chicane on the final lap?

Schumacher couldn't pass him? Oh you mean Hill, doing everything he could to hold Schumacher up from salvaging any chance of winning the championship, after ignoring Jordan's calls to move over (IIRC)?

Schumacher was actually 3rd before his tyre blew up FYI.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Raving_Hippy
To add to this thread....I recently saw a painting depicting the scenes of 'what if' Senna had survived the crash and been able to climb out of the wreckage of the Williams FW16 unharmed, and a model showing the scene of 'what if' he'd won the San Marino race and how he'd have looked climbing out of the car in Parc ferme afterwards (since he had planned to wave an Austrian flag in tribute to Roland Ratzenberger, who died in qualifying that weekend).

Here is the painting....

And here is the model....

http://gpma.org/f106d-el.html

If only either of these scenarios could've been true....(preferably him winning the race). I get a very eerie feeling looking at these pics, though.

WOW...those pictures....I get shivers looking at them too...
Original post by f1mad
Schumacher couldn't pass him? Oh you mean Hill, doing everything he could to hold Schumacher up from salvaging any chance of winning the championship, after ignoring Jordan's calls to move over (IIRC)?

Schumacher was actually 3rd before his tyre blew up FYI.

Any proof that Eddie Jordan told Hill to move over at any point?
Reply 89
Any proof that Eddie Jordan told Hill to move over at any point?

I remember reading about it, on Autosport forums.

Also if you need further proof that he isn't a 100% gentleman:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oxu8LIzeNHY

He is a gentleman but not as much as you guys are making out! Although he and Schum seem pretty cool nowadays though.
Original post by Marc Fiorano
Would be interesting to get lists of our Top 5 of all time going

Ok, I just started a thread on this, but I've made it a top 10 instead of top 5: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=36227892#post36227892
Original post by f1mad
I remember reading about it, on Autosport forums.

Also if you need further proof that he isn't a 100% gentleman:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oxu8LIzeNHY

He is a gentleman but not as much as you guys are making out! Although he and Schum seem pretty cool nowadays though.

That's from 1997. You said that he did that in 1998.

I feel that you are getting desperate in your argument.
Reply 92
That's from 1997. You said that he did that in 1998.

I feel that you are getting desperate in your argument.

How am I?

Hill was holding up Schumacher in 1998. Watch the race if you don't believe me.

Like I said if you need more info checkout Autosport Forums.

Why don't you respond back to the video, as it still supports my argument?
Reply 94
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKRveUU6Fig

Let me guess, wasn't Hill's fault?

:rofl:
Original post by f1mad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKRveUU6Fig

Let me guess, wasn't Hill's fault?

:rofl:

Silverstone was Hills fault no question.

Monza was more 50/50.
Reply 96
Silverstone was Hills fault no question.

Monza was more 50/50.

:lol: 50/50?

Schumacher is infront, Hill brakes late and takes the guy INFRONT off the track. How is that 50/50? Schumacher played no part in that: Hill is aggressor.
Original post by f1mad
:lol: 50/50?

Schumacher is infront, Hill brakes late and takes the guy INFRONT off the track. How is that 50/50? Schumacher played no part in that: Hill is aggressor.

50/50 because it is well documented that people thought Shumacher was brake testing him. If I'm not mistaken, Shumacher got a suspended 1 race ban for that. I not aquitting Hill of any blame either. If you're going to take the moral high ground here, Shumacher has done far worse far more often than whatever Hill did at the time.
senna. no question about it.
Reply 99
50/50 because it is well documented that people thought Shumacher was brake testing him. If I'm not mistaken, Shumacher got a suspended 1 race ban for that. I not aquitting Hill of any blame either. If you're going to take the moral high ground here, Shumacher has done far worse far more often than whatever Hill did at the time.

This isn't about moral high ground- I've said this already:

"He is a gentleman but not as much as you guys are making out". You went on like he never got himself into any silly incidents :rolleyes:.

Quick Reply

Latest