Why are white trainers not allowed in nightclubs?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
SoulfulBoy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I have done some research but I could not find a proper answer.
tnajamie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I wore white trainers in a few nightclubs in bournemouth!

and if clubs don't allow it maybe it's because it doesn't look smart
TheProdigy2k9
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm pretty sure it's not about the colour.
Wearing white Vans are allowed but sometimes white Converse aren't.
It just depends on what they look like, stuff like Adidas is just no regardless of the colour.

That's in the Birmingham area btw such as Gatecrasher
IB_19
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Trainers are acceptable for casual and sportswear, but I just presume they look a bit scruffy and they're not very smart.
effofex
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If it is true, then what a silly rule to have. Do people go round inspecting each other's footwear?
x-pixie-lottie-x
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
there ugly, not smart, and i guess there are "certain types" who always wear trainers... what shoes do chavs wear?.....

i personally dislike trainers at any time other than when doing some sort activeness... like at the gym or playing a sport...
x
silverbolt
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by effofex)
If it is true, then what a silly rule to have. Do people go round inspecting each other's footwear?
apprently yes, ive been told before that shoes are something that get noticed
SoulfulBoy
Rep:
?
(Original post by effofex)
Bouncers do it.
effofex
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by x-pixie-lottie-x)
there ugly, not smart, and i guess there are "certain types" who always wear trainers... what shoes do chavs wear?.....

i personally dislike trainers at any time other than when doing some sort activeness... like at the gym or playing a sport...
x
OK. Maybe you could avoid looking at people's footwear then?

I find many skirts to be worn by *certain types* which I can also say that I dislike. Were that to be the case I can simply avoid looking at the item of clothing that offends me. I'm not sure why this is justification for barring entry to people wearing that kind of clothing.
SoulfulBoy
Rep:
?
(Original post by x-pixie-lottie-x)

x
1st: That is just your opinion.

2nd: You are generalizing by associating a footwear to a certain social group. Does wearing trainers make me chav? Your logic is fallacious and you might wear smart shoes but you are not smart at all.
KrazyKro
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by IB_19)
Trainers are acceptable for casual and sportswear, but I just presume they look a bit scruffy and they're not very smart.
Really? In a nightclub? where most people are drunk off their tits/balls and have no idea whats going on around them and are jumping up and down while sweating like a nun at a cucumber stall, yeah very smart.
DdotT
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Depends on the trainers...:
OkayImage

Shouldn't really be wearing these...Image

even so they shouldn't be allowed to stop someone (unless its a club where smart casual is required.)
philistine
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Because they look horrible, and are chiefly donned by recklessly uncouth laggards.
disposablesteve
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Slightly unrelated but I was once refused entry to a Bar in Denmark because of my facial hair. Some places have ridiculous policies
SoulfulBoy
Rep:
?
(Original post by philistine)
Because they look horrible, and are chiefly donned by recklessly uncouth laggards.
That is just your opinion.
daphodil
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Most clubs won't allow trainers as they're simply not smart enough, and they try to set a formal tone to justify charging more for drinks. The club I normally go to is part of the Vodka Revolution chain, and their policy is "dress to impress: no trainers" but a lot of guys will wear vans, chinos and a smart(ish) tshirt and are let in. Likewise clean converse and plimpsoles are always fine.

I've never seen anyone be turned away but then I've never seen anyone turn up in running shoes :\
IB_19
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by KrazyKro)
Really? In a nightclub? where most people are drunk off their tits/balls and have no idea whats going on around them and are jumping up and down while sweating like a nun at a cucumber stall, yeah very smart.
Well, I just associate trainers with sports clothes rather than what someone would wear if they were to go out.
daphodil
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by DdotT)
Depends on the trainers...:
OkayImage

Shouldn't really be wearing these...Image

even so they shouldn't be allowed to stop someone (unless its a club where smart casual is required.)
Actually, both of those would be classed as trainers. The only exceptions are clean vans, converse and plimpsoles so long as the person isn't wearing a tracksuit with them of course...
KrazyKro
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by IB_19)
Well, I just associate trainers with sports clothes rather than what someone would wear if they were to go out.
Yeah I see where you're coming from but I still think it's a bit silly , nightclubs aren't really an epitome of class, are they?
philistine
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Einheri)
Chavs mostly wear white trainers. Chavs don't belong anywhere except in a gas chamber.
I hear there's a good supply of Zyklon B to go through just yet:

X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (33)
8.09%
Confident (54)
13.24%
Indifferent (58)
14.22%
Unsure (104)
25.49%
Worried (159)
38.97%

Watched Threads