Why do so many girls wear fake eyelashes.....? Watch

medbh4805
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by hannahhaworth)
I think the strip ones can look just as natural as long as they're stuck firmly at the corners of the eye and worn with liquid eueliner to hide the base. They also need to be feathered and not all the same length or they look utterly ridiculous
Fair enough, but a lot of people don't apply them properly :nooo:
Sophie_girl
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by hannahhaworth)
I wear fake eyelashes every day, and a lot of people don't even realise i'm wearing them. I don't think you can judge everyone who wears them on the people who can't choose/apply them correctly, because they're the specific "type" you're talking about.
isn't that soooo inconvenient?! and isn't it not that good having eyelash glue on your lids for that amount of time?
JongKey
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by newts2k)
ha, really? I guess I have pretty long eyelashes as a man so I just thought these were real, you girls have too much help, hehe
Lol there's no way in hell those eyelashes would be real. Maybe it's cuz i'm a girl, that i can automatically tell when somebody is wearing fake eyelashes. Generally, all the female celebrities will wear eyelashes when a lot of pictures will be taken.
hannahhaworth
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Sophie_girl)
isn't that soooo inconvenient?! and isn't it not that good having eyelash glue on your lids for that amount of time?
No more so than wearing eyeliner. Eyelash glue is specifcially formulated to be used in thay area so it's fine as long as you don't get it in your eyes.

I feel like I need loads of mascara when I don't wear them so it takes a lot less time to do my eyemakeup when I do wear them because I've got so fast at applying them. It literally takes no more than 30seconds-a minute.
Jimbo1234
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I mean ob I know why, i.e to make their eyelashes longer but as a man (speak for a lot of other men as well), I think they just look awful most of the time. When I see a women with them on, I think Jordan, I think TOWIE, I think shallow/superficial and I just stay the hell away. I don't want to sound judgemental but this is the loook that most of these people sport. I wouldn't really care if a girl had shorter eyeslashes than looking like a Jordan wannabe
Can't really argue with that
Jennie027
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I don't wear them or ever have as I don't really like them, but again that's probably because I notice the awful, over the top, noticeably fake ones rather than the more natural looking ones. When applied well, such as the photographs posted above, they look quite nice.
LoveErinxo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I don't know. I was at a party a couple of days ago, and everyone was wearing them. I don't understand the need for them - girls, we already have mascara!
Mm_Minty
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Because this:

I've never worn them myself but I can see the appeal...not everyone who wears them does so in a trashy manner, you know.
newts2k
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by Mm_Minty)
Because this:

I've never worn them myself but I can see the appeal...not everyone who wears them does so in a trashy manner, you know.
wow, she does look that bit nicer in the second photo. Its not fair, all you can do as a man to make yourself more attractive is get a haircut.......
newts2k
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by LoveErinxo)
I don't know. I was at a party a couple of days ago, and everyone was wearing them. I don't understand the need for them - girls, we already have mascara!
miscara, eye shadow and the rest, lol
chocolate buttons
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I think they look can look great if the eyelashes are good quality and not too over the top

I don't understand why people walk round with ones like these for everyday use, though. It looks horrible
sil3nt_cha0s
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Because they're insecure with a natural look, want to look more attractive to guys and want to make other girls jealous.

^ They'll never admit that, of course.
screenager2004
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I believe it's a traditional charm that will bring them luck and success in their careers.
brogan7812
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I think that natural looking eyelashes can make a big difference. I have naturally long eyelashes therefore when I wear them I wear them for volume as opposed to length.
The long ones are just ridiculous looking and girls end up looking like farmyard animals. I see it as a "You're fooling no one" kind of thing. No one genuinely believes that your eyelashes are touching your eyebrows so suck it up.

The right mascara can work wonders.
harlar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I've tried them but the glue really irritated the skin around my eyes and I found that they lifted a lot in the corners. My eyelashes are long-ish but they're white at the ends, so I tried using lash dye on them and just layering mascara, and it worked quite well. I'll admit that natural-looking false lashes can look nice, but you can get the same effect with a decent mascara technique.
User570431
Report 8 years ago
Why do they bother? Beats me....could've spent the money on something useful :lol:
psychedelica
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

She wears 3 pairs of fake eyelashes.
oHellno
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Mm_Minty)
Because this:

The second pic is obviously nicer but it's not just because of the eye lashes because they do look excessively long. The second one has clearly experienced a bit of 'brightness and contrast', no fair.
King Leonidas
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The last thing I care about is women's eyelashes.

I'm more of an ass/tits kind of fella.
Superstar6318
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I mean ob I know why, i.e to make their eyelashes longer but as a man (speak for a lot of other men as well), I think they just look awful most of the time. When I see a women with them on, I think Jordan, I think TOWIE, I think shallow/superficial and I just stay the hell away. I don't want to sound judgemental but this is the loook that most of these people sport. I wouldn't really care if a girl had shorter eyeslashes than looking like a Jordan wannabe
They look good if you can tell they aren't fake. Sometimes I just don't put on any fake eyelashes but mascara to lengthen my lashes and people think they are "fake" but they say it still looks nice/natural
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (532)
66.67%
No (266)
33.33%

Watched Threads