Why do so many girls wear fake eyelashes.....? Watch

Superstar6318
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by oHellno)
The second pic is obviously nicer but it's not just because of the eye lashes because they do look excessively long. The second one has clearly experienced a bit of 'brightness and contrast', no fair.
The second one can be achieved without false eyelashes but with some mascara
Cll_ws
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
the girls that buy a pair on the cheap to wear just for a night out pretty much always look awful in them. and then when they get dancing they start slipping of a little if they're not glued on well enough, eugh, i'm embarrassed for them just thinking about it

they seem to be one of those things that girls do to try and look good to other girls, them along with things like fake tan, because there's a very small majority of lads that prefer the way girls look when wearing these things. other girls though, well they seem to love it.
CherryCherryBoomBoom
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I think they can look really nice if done right. They make the shape of your eyes look prettier. I would wear them more often myself if I was very good and quick at applying them, which I am not . I have naturally short eyelashes so it's nice to get that extra kick in length when I can. I wear mascara almost every day for this reason, but it's never as long as if I had false lashes on.
(:Becca(:
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Because I have tiny stubby eyelashes.
gm15
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Obv bad if you can tell they are fake. But i don't get the point even of the good ones (taking your word for it they exist). I couldn't give two figs about a girl's eyelashes.
gm15
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by (:Becca(:)
Because I have tiny stubby eyelashes.
I don't think i've ever looked at a girl and thought "yuck her eyelashes are tiny". I doubt they all had fake eyelashes and make up on.
CherryCherryBoomBoom
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by LoveErinxo)
I don't know. I was at a party a couple of days ago, and everyone was wearing them. I don't understand the need for them - girls, we already have mascara!
But sometimes my eyes look prettier with false lashes on than just with mascara. My natural lashes are short so even with mascara on they still don't look very long compared to if I have falsies on. Yeah they're not exactly necessary, but it's just an accessory that some women like to wear
Sazzle4
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by gm15)
Obv bad if you can tell they are fake. But i don't get the point even of the good ones (taking your word for it they exist). I couldn't give two figs about a girl's eyelashes.
Fair enough. But if a girl feels like she looks nicer with them then where's the harm really? Is it any different to me dying my hair or buying flattering clothes? My boyfriend isn't going to leave me if I stop being blonde but it flatters my skintone and makes me feel nicer. If a pair of false lashes gives someone a confidence boost then that's up to them.

And the good ones exist! Like others have said, it's the fact that they are good that means you don't notice them. Every fashion has its extremes that look rubbish but the middle ground is lovely!
forgetamine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I think they're alright if they're applied properly and worn on nights out or special occasions but I don't get why a lot of girls wear them when they just go to uni. I mean, what's the point?

Also, of course fake eyelashes look good on celebrities because they're of good quality and they've got stylists. I don't think many girls in real life would look like that with fake eyelashes on..
Alesha1991
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I used to wear false lashes a lot. I wear glasses now so can't really wear them without them brushing against my lenses. I find it easier to just style my real lashes.
No Future
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If they are professionally applied, they can make your eyes look super, super pretty. Your eyes, just much prettier. Nothing wrong with that for a special occasion.
miserlou
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by gm15)
I don't think i've ever looked at a girl and thought "yuck her eyelashes are tiny". I doubt they all had fake eyelashes and make up on.
Its not really about making your eyelashes look nicer, but the bigger picture. If you a have a nice pair of false eyelashes applied correctly then your eyes just look nicer.

Guys say things like this, but all the female celebrities who they think are fit etc all where false eyelashes when they are on the red carpet and even when they are just out and about. Its the same with hair extensions you would be surprised by the amount of celebrities that wear them.

Plus it easy for guys to say they have eyelashes like cows and ITS NOT FAIR! *sulk*
hollywoodbudgie
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Girls seem to have this obsession about making their eyes more defined thinking that it makes them look nicer.

I mean what's wrong with:

in comparison to:

:lolwut:
boba
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
my friend wears stay in individual ones that last a while and she spends ages cutting them down and making them look not fake. She says she wears them because she would otherwise feel like she had to wear mascara everyday because her natural eyelashes are very blonde and you pretty much can't see them at all and she would rather make a big effort every few weeks than little effort every day.We only noticed she wore them when we realised her eyelashes always looked the same from nights out to when she was in her pjs.
roxyqueen2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
They can be pretty damaging to your actual eyelashes too- I use fake lashes for unique occasions like fancy dress or a particular event only, due to the fact I'm nervous I could end up with very sparse real lashes. Mascara can work wonders if you take the time!
newts2k
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by miserlou)
Its not really about making your eyelashes look nicer, but the bigger picture. If you a have a nice pair of false eyelashes applied correctly then your eyes just look nicer.

Guys say things like this, but all the female celebrities who they think are fit etc all where false eyelashes when they are on the red carpet and even when they are just out and about. Its the same with hair extensions you would be surprised by the amount of celebrities that wear them.

Plus it easy for guys to say they have eyelashes like cows and ITS NOT FAIR! *sulk*
do cows have long eyelashes?
CherryCherryBoomBoom
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by hollywoodbudgie)
Girls seem to have this obsession about making their eyes more defined thinking that it makes them look nicer.

I mean what's wrong with:

in comparison to:

:lolwut:
Nothing is wrong with either, it's just about having a different look. Some girls don't like looking plain every single day. Also, that's hardly the best eye makeup look.
Converse girl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
how do you put fake eyelashes on do you glue them on??????

i see no point in the, well i don't even wear make up
CherryCherryBoomBoom
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by salma25)
how do you put fake eyelashes on do you glue them on??????

i see no point in the, well i don't even wear make up
Yes, you glue them on. There's some really good tutorials on Youtube that show how. That said, I still don't find them easy to apply.
Converse girl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
personally it screams fake but hey my opinion
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (532)
66.67%
No (266)
33.33%

Watched Threads