Why do so many girls wear fake eyelashes.....? Watch

EmilyD237
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I don't... The only thing I do to my lashes is a bit of mascara.
One of my great gran's put-downs was "... and she had eyelashes like park railings!"
heimlich
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by newts2k)
ha, really? I guess I have pretty long eyelashes as a man so I just thought these were real, you girls have too much help, hehe
Damn you. My brother's the same. I never understand why boys of all people get long eyelashes. Complete waste
newts2k
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by heimlich)
Damn you. My brother's the same. I never understand why boys of all people get long eyelashes. Complete waste
Well Im not sure if mine are that long, I never even noticed until my aunt said they were. I think my sister has quite long ones but she wears quite a lot of makeup as well so maybe they just look longer cos of her mascara
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
really? i almost never see natural ones, perhaps I dont realise if I do
If they look natural, you wouldn't be able to tell they were false.
Some people naturally have really short/thin eyelashes, and natural looking false ones look really nice and.. umm.. "natural".
newts2k
Rep:
?
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
If they look natural, you wouldn't be able to tell they were false.
Some people naturally have really short/thin eyelashes, and natural looking false ones look really nice and.. umm.. "natural".
yeh, I suppose so, didn't know there were natural looking fake ones, obv don't know enough about makeup.....which is a relief, ha. What can a man do to make himself more attractve? Is it literally, just about getting a hair cut? Men don't seem to have much help
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
yeh, I suppose so, didn't know there were natural looking fake ones, obv don't know enough about makeup.....which is a relief, ha. What can a man do to make himself more attractve? Is it literally, just about getting a hair cut? Men don't seem to have much help
Do you think there's the same amount of social pressure placed upon men to look good, though? Maybe weight wise, but you'd certainly never expect a man to wear make up, pain nails, get spray tans (although some may choose to) or anything like that.
Kathy89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'd never wear fake eyelashes, I already have long eyelashes and when I wear glasses they nearly touch the lenses.
newts2k
Rep:
?
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
Do you think there's the same amount of social pressure placed upon men to look good, though? Maybe weight wise, but you'd certainly never expect a man to wear make up, pain nails, get spray tans (although some may choose to) or anything like that.
yeh, well the good looking men tend to get most of the attention so yeh, I guess most men do feel under pressure as well to look good, I guess more pressure is put on us to earn good money to provide for wife etc. though. I wouldnt even say Im bad looking either but getting women isn't particularly easy. I wouldnt say pressure is put on women to wear fake eyelashes, nails etc. if anything men prefer them without all this crap and fake.
Converse girl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
since you have to glue them on does that mean you have to rip your real eyelashes?
if so what is the point in putting fake ones on if your getting rid of your actual eyelashes

what would you stick them on?????
popsicles3
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I wear them almost everyday, but i wear 'Natural' ones, quite thin and not too long, just because my eyelashes are naturally really short and not very thick.. I think i look prettier with them, and if that makes me look fake and if it makes people judge me then so be it. It's the same as fake tan ect.. Less really is more!

Good:

Bad:

Besakt
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Pixiefairy)

i don't see anyone complaining :rolleyes:
She ain't anything special.
Sazzle4
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by salma25)
since you have to glue them on does that mean you have to rip your real eyelashes?
if so what is the point in putting fake ones on if your getting rid of your actual eyelashes

what would you stick them on?????
You use eyelash glue which is specially formulated/desgined for your eyes. It doesn't irritate and comes off easily with make-up remover. You don't pull out your own lashes at all - although if you were to just yank them off rather than peeling gently or using make up remover then you might take a few of your own with them!
mollie-
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm not a fan. My friend wears them to college every day. I can understand why girls wear fake eyelashes to parties and that, but seriously, to college? Whats the point?
Deziah
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
False eyelashes are a great way to highlight the eyes without gobs of eyeliner, plus it looks so much more natural. A lot of mascaras can't achieve this, so some girls go for false eyelashes. I agree that it can look very fake and tacky, like when someone is wearing too much eyeliner and when the false eyelashes look like spiders legs. But sometimes false eyelashes can achieve a more natural look, if they're worn right.
I can't be dealing with the hassle of false eyelashes and I'd probably glue my eyes together, so I just stick to mascara. ;D
Danyksjr
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
People know you're wearing in them. They just started saying anyting. It is obvious
Lyndsey.95
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I just use mascara, never worn false eyelashes, too worried I'll get any infection from the glue.
maria7610
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I stopped using fake lashes months ago and started perming them. I never got to learn how to put them correctly. It's way easier with perming. Can't remember where I got the kit from though, but it was this one: https://homelashlift.com/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (532)
66.67%
No (266)
33.33%

Watched Threads