The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Sheffield Hallam, Primary Education Interview.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by katyakay96
Hahaa, most people can't! I wanted to, and I was also going to apply to York St. John's but I dunno, I don't feel old enough to be moving out. I think it's because I don't turn 18 until May so I feel like a baby still. University still feels like it should be a million miles away but its not, scary really!

My birthday is in May too! And I know loads of people that say the same thing as you about not feeling old enough because it's all come around so quick!

Posted from TSR Mobile
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Original post by katie_elizabeth
My birthday is in May too! And I know loads of people that say the same thing as you about not feeling old enough because it's all come around so quick!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awhh, really?! What date? Mines the 22nd. Yeah, so I'm wanting to stay home in my first year, settle in to the uni routine and all. Hopefully I'll have made some good friends so may consider moving out in my second or third year, I'll have to see! Suppose I've gotta survive my interview before any of that though!
Awhh, really?! What date? Mines the 22nd. Yeah, so I'm wanting to stay home in my first year, settle in to the uni routine and all. Hopefully I'll have made some good friends so may consider moving out in my second or third year, I'll have to see! Suppose I've gotta survive my interview before any of that though!

Mines the 26th! And yeah that sounds good, not much point in moving if you live nearby - save some money! I'm sure you'll do fine on your interview - hope I do!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mines the 26th! And yeah that sounds good, not much point in moving if you live nearby - save some money! I'm sure you'll do fine on your interview - hope I do!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's so close! If we get to know each other, joint birthday parties are a must! (more money saving! hahaa) Oh I know, I only live about a 15-20 minute bus ride away, so I'm fine with that! I'm saving loads by living at home, it's only travel that's gonna cost me, although the appeal of being independent and moving out is still there for me, but like I said, saving it for when I'm settled.
That's so close! If we get to know each other, joint birthday parties are a must! (more money saving! hahaa) Oh I know, I only live about a 15-20 minute bus ride away, so I'm fine with that! I'm saving loads by living at home, it's only travel that's gonna cost me, although the appeal of being independent and moving out is still there for me, but like I said, saving it for when I'm settled.

I know haha! And that's so good, if I went to Uni near home I wouldn't move out either

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to mither you again, but what sort of thing are you wearing to your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry to mither you again, but what sort of thing are you wearing to your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure yet. As I study a childcare course currently and I'm on placement the majority of the time, I have plenty of professional looking clothes that are also practical without looking like you're going to an office or something. I'm thinking of wearing a black and white striped dress I have...very plain and simple, with a plain black cardigan and some black leggings. But I'm not sure to be honest. My advice would be to look smart without looking overboard!
I'm not sure yet. As I study a childcare course currently and I'm on placement the majority of the time, I have plenty of professional looking clothes that are also practical without looking like you're going to an office or something. I'm thinking of wearing a black and white striped dress I have...very plain and simple, with a plain black cardigan and some black leggings. But I'm not sure to be honest. My advice would be to look smart without looking overboard!

Okay thankyou! I'll have to have a look for something:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello,

I've got an interview at Hallam mid January and I'm struggling to think of what to teach for the teaching task. I'm really conscious about the fact that it has to be a skill and I think the ideas I've got aren't so much a skill. I'm just wondering what other people taught?
Original post by MeganE_96
Hello,

I've got an interview at Hallam mid January and I'm struggling to think of what to teach for the teaching task. I'm really conscious about the fact that it has to be a skill and I think the ideas I've got aren't so much a skill. I'm just wondering what other people taught?

Hi I have an interview there as well and I am struggling! What skill did you teach? Thanks Charlotte x
It wasn't necessarily a skill. I got an email from Sheffield Hallam and it contained a link. That link said that it could be a skill or something you were knowledgeable about. It said that you could bring in things like games and demonstrate how you would use them in a maths or English lesson. I made my group carry out a drama task. If you have any more questions fire away x
hi! i have an interview which includes a teaching task for 5 minutes but it is over zoom, does anyone know how this would work? do i speak to the interviewer as if they were the children?
Hah Hi I have mine on the 9th too, I’m panicking too don’t worry 😫
Reply 33
Original post by caitlincarney46
hi! i have an interview which includes a teaching task for 5 minutes but it is over zoom, does anyone know how this would work? do i speak to the interviewer as if they were the children?

Hey, you probably won’t see this in time but I was wondering did you have to do the maths and English test on zoom?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending