No one can help me?
Original post by ShafiqJ
No one can help me?

What's the problem, mate? :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Jamielawrence1945
What's the problem, mate? :smile:

Basically, I had my interview in may, and passed screening, but I'm still in accreditation check. I have received no training whatsoever and as the Olympics have started, I'm starting to wonder if I'll be able to get any work at all?
Original post by ShafiqJ
Basically, I had my interview in may, and passed screening, but I'm still in accreditation check. I have received no training whatsoever and as the Olympics have started, I'm starting to wonder if I'll be able to get any work at all?

Hmmm, looking unlikely, unless they get their skates on! Drop accreditation dept an email, asking where your pass is! [email protected]

If you haven't got an SIA license by now, you won't be working, unless you're a BTG student?

Hope this helps!

Reply 3984
Hey has anyone been told that they are going through fast track to get their accreditation pass which should only take 2-3 days? I got told that and today is my 4th day and still my accreditation pass is with home office for background checks even though I'm british and was born in UK! so why should they be looking into my details sooo much arghhh!!!
Original post by a-jay
Hey has anyone been told that they are going through fast track to get their accreditation pass which should only take 2-3 days? I got told that and today is my 4th day and still my accreditation pass is with home office for background checks even though I'm british and was born in UK! so why should they be looking into my details sooo much arghhh!!!

mate I know how you feel, I have filled in one about a month ago, sent two online to the accreditation unit online about 2 weeks ago and went to enter my data onto their spreadsheet on tuesday and still I am not on their system... Its getting pass the point of ridiculous now...
Reply 3986
What do I need to take with me to collect my uniform at the pitford street uniform centre?
Original post by diipan
What do I need to take with me to collect my uniform at the pitford street uniform centre?

Accreditation pass and Passport, mate :smile: I just take everything with me, just in case!

Ok so I've been given the PSA X Ray position at the Olympic Park, Pudding Mill Lane. I couldn't start first shift today because I'm ill. Does anyone know what the job is like? What do you have to do durin the job? I kept hearing they put us on patrol and tbe army takes over the PSA. Is there any body searches we have to do? I'm askin this because I literally got a couple of hours of training for this and not confident. ANY replies i would appreciate. Thanks
Original post by Bucknasty
Ok so I've been given the PSA X Ray position at the Olympic Park, Pudding Mill Lane. I couldn't start first shift today because I'm ill. Does anyone know what the job is like? What do you have to do durin the job? I kept hearing they put us on patrol and tbe army takes over the PSA. Is there any body searches we have to do? I'm askin this because I literally got a couple of hours of training for this and not confident. ANY replies i would appreciate. Thanks

Hi mate, you're right in saying that PSA has mostly been taken over by the army. It's more than likely that you'll be doing patrolling and guarding :smile:

Hmmm, looking unlikely, unless they get their skates on! Drop accreditation dept an email, asking where your pass is! [email protected]

If you haven't got an SIA license by now, you won't be working, unless you're a BTG student?

Hope this helps!

I very stupidly turned down another job because I thought I had this. Didn't know they take the piss...:frown: now I've suffered from loss of potential earnings that would have helped me in uni....what do you mean BTG student?
Original post by ShafiqJ
I very stupidly turned down another job because I thought I had this. Didn't know they take the piss...:frown: now I've suffered from loss of potential earnings that would have helped me in uni....what do you mean BTG student?

me too dammit! screw g4s
Original post by ShafiqJ

Well firstly, do you have a SIA license? BTG is Bridging The Gap. Did you do anything like that at college/6th form?

Reply 3993
Hi

Just a quick question to anyone working at lee valley?

Is there a special entrance for staff?
And is there a sign in desk somewhere?

Thnaks
Hi mate, you're right in saying that PSA has mostly been taken over by the army. It's more than likely that you'll be doing patrolling and guarding :smile:

Only problem is half of those positions are being redistributed to the army aswell at the moment, met a couple of guards yesterday at a staging area who were getting quite scared that they werent going to be kept on after the olympics as the army have managed to take over so many venues now :rolleyes:
Original post by cl_steele
Only problem is half of those positions are being redistributed to the army aswell at the moment, met a couple of guards yesterday at a staging area who were getting quite scared that they werent going to be kept on after the olympics as the army have managed to take over so many venues now :rolleyes:

Oh no!? What about the Paralympics? I've got a nice schedule: I'm at the Velodrome, day shifts only, 5 days a week :smile:

Well firstly, do you have a SIA license? BTG is Bridging The Gap. Did you do anything like that at college/6th form?

No SIA license and didn't do BTG. G4S have screwed me nicely. Now I'm really going to struggle financially when I go to university.
Original post by ShafiqJ
No SIA license and didn't do BTG. G4S have screwed me nicely. Now I'm really going to struggle financially when I go to university.

Ouch, really feel for you, man! Hope you get things sorted soon :smile:

Oh no!? What about the Paralympics? I've got a nice schedule: I'm at the Velodrome, day shifts only, 5 days a week :smile:

Thats what theyre concerned about, not sure if its all true but this is the word on the grape vine :tongue: rather hoping we dont get told to take a hike, lots of cashy monies are at stake :redface:
Reply 3999
Original post by jubrilaya
mate I know how you feel, I have filled in one about a month ago, sent two online to the accreditation unit online about 2 weeks ago and went to enter my data onto their spreadsheet on tuesday and still I am not on their system... Its getting pass the point of ridiculous now...

Were you told you were on fast track???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending