The Student Room Group

G4S 2012 Olympics Job

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tha_Black_Shinobi
Have you got through the G4S screening and are just waiting on the LOCOG people or have you been waiting for G4S all this time? They really are taking the piss

They updated me early May to say I had passed G4S screening and had been passed onto Locog but must've been untrue because it was G4S that phoned my references this week.
I think they pretended that I'd passed G4S screening to keep their targets met.
I don't hold out much hope and now pretty annoyed that I've wasted so much time waiting on this, in doing so missed other work opportunites.
this whole process is just one giant cluster**** ... ive been getting calls from them asking for people ive never heard of and so far ive been asked to collect my uniform and accredidation about 4 times ... after ive already picked it up :facepalm:

on a different note has anyone else been offered pre-games work? i jsut got an email from them asking if i wanted to work at silver stone :smile:?
Original post by Terminator7t
Has anyone found the provided shoes to be a bit large? I'm normally a 9 1/2 and chose the 9 but they still are too big.

Not everyone gets issued shoes- depends on job role.
What is your job role?
Reply 1463
Original post by cl_steele

on a different note has anyone else been offered pre-games work? i jsut got an email from them asking if i wanted to work at silver stone :smile:?

Yea I got that email too, but I start the olympic work tomorrow! (I don't know if its just a single day induction but as I am on a patrol role)

And yea the boots seem quite large but they should do!

I might as well try to ask again, anyone know where the Patrol people are suppost to meet tomorrow? I have been given next to no infomation!
Reply 1464
From their Facebook page -

G4S London 2012 Recruitment Due to the short timescales leading up to games time, G4S London 2012 has ceased booking SIA and role specific training. Therefore, if you do not currently have a training schedule, we regret that we will not be continuing with your applications to work for us at London 2012. We apologise for any inconvenience but we have been overwhelmed by the enormous task of screening and training so many people prior to games time. Your details have been retained and we hope to invite you to work for G4S at future events.
Original post by sy_1
I've been called today to go tomorrow at 8, have been emailed no info yet though! anyone else in my situation? Just saw the post quoted and was wondering if we're wanted for proper work or just for training? do we wear our amazing bright green uniform? thank you for your help! :smile:

I was callled too but ive also recieved no email. I had to rush and pick up my uniform just in case
Original post by Prodigy

G4S London 2012 Recruitment Due to the short timescales leading up to games time, G4S London 2012 has ceased booking SIA and role specific training. Therefore, if you do not currently have a training schedule, we regret that we will not be continuing with your applications to work for us at London 2012. We apologise for any inconvenience but we have been overwhelmed by the enormous task of screening and training so many people prior to games time. Your details have been retained and we hope to invite you to work for G4S at future events.

Which Facebook page? I can't see it

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Prodigy

I clicked on the link and it seems like it was a fake account that posted that, seeing as it was a different page which only had one like. Although, it would have been nice to have had some closer rather than this not knowing if I will be employed or nor this summer...
Original post by Leicestergrad11
Which Facebook page? I can't see it

'Securing London 2012' it's in the comments section.
Reply 1469
Yeah it might be fake.
Original post by maddysue
Not everyone gets issued shoes- depends on job role.
What is your job role?

Guard Patrol
So if G4S do cancel all the applications that have not yet got a training schedule (which I think they will probably do eventually), do they still have to pay us for the training we have already done?

Reply 1472
Original post by Leicestergrad11
So if G4S do cancel all the applications that have not yet got a training schedule (which I think they will probably do eventually), do they still have to pay us for the training we have already done?

I'm afraid you dont, you need to finish 5 shifts with g4s before you get payed for training
Reply 1473
Original post by itshusi
Thats not long to be honest, I waited from December until May to be screened.

And its because there are so many applications they need to go through.

For the training, they said you have to wait for the training department to schedule you for training.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

I have a PSA training on the 7th July till 8th i would like to be the greeter or metal detector role! No thanks to bag searches and all that stuff. Does anyone know what the roles are for PSA I want to check them out first before deciding.
Original post by yuna
I have a PSA training on the 7th July till 8th i would like to be the greeter or metal detector role! No thanks to bag searches and all that stuff. Does anyone know what the roles are for PSA I want to check them out first before deciding.

Im on this date aswell, but i dont think you get a choice do you?

PSA is the greeter isn't it as you search people before they go in
Original post by yuna

Original post by coolasacucumber
Im on this date aswell, but i dont think you get a choice do you?

PSA is the greeter isn't it as you search people before they go in

You don't get to choose your PSA role- you will be told
Original post by oiMr
So after 7 Months of Waiting..

I Get this Email:

You’ve advised us that you are no longer interested in joining Team G4S working at London 2012; on your instruction we have therefore withdrawn your application.

The funny thing is.. I never even emailed or phoned them saying i would like to withdraw.

Same situation here.
Reply 1477
I have to go to the Olympic park tomorrow. Does anyone know if we're supposed to wear our uniforms?

Thanks
Reply 1478
Original post by hardleyouth
I think it's around 5, it's not really stated anywhere :confused:

Do you know if we have to wear our uniforms?
Original post by CezTim
Do you know if we have to wear our uniforms?

For the role specific training? I imagine not, seeing as not everyone has got uniforms, including me. I recall the e-mail saying suitable casual clothing or something depending if you'll be doing vehicle checks or w/e, but check the e-mail

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending