The Student Room Group

The Oxford 2012 Results Day Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Right, what's the best way to take advantage of the apparent arrival of summer? :woo: Suggestions on a postcard please!
Original post by such_a_lady
Right, what's the best way to take advantage of the apparent arrival of summer? :woo: Suggestions on a postcard please!

You're a sub now? :holmes:

Erm learn stuff, get fit, read whatever you want, go to the beach, party :dance:
Original post by medbh4805
You're a sub now? :holmes:

Erm learn stuff, get fit, read whatever you want, go to the beach, party :dance:

Btw I'm not ignoring you, I just want to sit down later and write you a decent sized message :yes:

I mean the warm weather :tongue: I've already been maxing out the new freedom.

Coursework essays for credits :tongue:
Btw I'm not ignoring you, I just want to sit down later and write you a decent sized message :yes:

I mean the warm weather :tongue: I've already been maxing out the new freedom.

Oh....it's raining here :emo: (aber Bayern Morgen frueh :woo:) I suppose...go to the beach, go walking/hiking, take up an outdoor sport, perhaps start reading outside? :p:

Coursework essays for credits :tongue:

hahaha that's the best way :colonhash:
Oh....it's raining here :emo: (aber Bayern Morgen frueh :woo:) I suppose...go to the beach, go walking/hiking, take up an outdoor sport, perhaps start reading outside? :p:

hahaha that's the best way :colonhash:

Beach?! Are you joking!? I'm ages away from the beach! Hiking is a no since we have nothing more than a couple of hills. What kind of outdoor sport? :lol: And my garden is like the one place that doesn't get any sun. Damn :tongue:
Beach?! Are you joking!? I'm ages away from the beach! Hiking is a no since we have nothing more than a couple of hills. What kind of outdoor sport? :lol: And my garden is like the one place that doesn't get any sun. Damn :tongue:

oh....ok. :getmecoat: Do you have outdoor pools in surrey? erm erm cycling or rollerblading or something. Camping?!

:ashamed2:
oh....ok. :getmecoat: Do you have outdoor pools in surrey? erm erm cycling or rollerblading or something. Camping?!

I can't swim. I can't ride a bike. I can't roller-skate. Let's just leave this here :tongue:

I facebooked you :h:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2528
I can't swim. I can't ride a bike. I can't roller-skate. Let's just leave this here :tongue:

Learn to ride, then. Ideal practice for coming to Oxford. (not that it's really big enough to need a bike)
Original post by vanesavu
Hey guys!

Just wanna ask, have you all sent your colleges the Financial Guarantee Form that came with the offer letter?

Original post by AnimalSpirit
I have returned it, but apparently there were some problems with payment of the college fee - the academic administrator at my college is sorting it out with the College Bursar at the moment, so I'm just awaiting answer :smile:

Financial Guarantee Form? is there actually a form to fill in? I just checked my conditional offer letter and it also stated that I need to submit my financial guarantee by 31 July, but I was never sent any form nor reminded about this. could any of you advise me on what to do?

Original post by vanesavu
Hey guys!

Just wanna ask, those who have already got their results, have you heard from Ox?

I got my results almost a month ago, but still no confirmation on UCAS.

Maybe I should stop worrying all the time. =D

THANKS though

yeah, another IB student here.

I have been sent a full offer letter, CAS statement draft and an informative email regarding orientation and meet&greet. my UCAS Track status has updated on 12 July.

I believe it's different for every college. maybe you will be contacted in mid August after A Levels results day! or, make sure that they have actually received your results.
Looking at the drama of last year's results thread, seems that Oxford didn't updated till 8am as opposed to 6 (sorry if this has already been mentioned :smile: ).
What are people doing on results day? Checking track first or collecting results?
Original post by PhenolphthaleinX
Financial Guarantee Form? is there actually a form to fill in? I just checked my conditional offer letter and it also stated that I need to submit my financial guarantee by 31 July, but I was never sent any form nor reminded about this. could any of you advise me on what to do?

If you have been told to return a form but haven't received one, then I would strongly advise you to contact your college. I had a couple of questions regarding mine, and found it useful to have started well in advance of the deadline. But don't panic - if you let your college know that you haven't received anything, then they'll probably extent your deadline. But do contact them ASAP about the financial condition. I just fulfilled mine - good feeling :smile:
Original post by TotalLifeForever
Looking at the drama of last year's results thread, seems that Oxford didn't updated till 8am as opposed to 6 (sorry if this has already been mentioned :smile: ).
What are people doing on results day? Checking track first or collecting results?

Results at 10:30. Definitely.

Original post by TotalLifeForever

I agree with Chiara. I'm still pretty pessimistic, so I've decided that it's better just to wait a few hours, and be able to go into school and see my exact UMS/ module marks for some of my subjects. I'll be more nervous, but;

a) If I'm at home, 8am, see I haven't gotten into Oxford (and possibly my insurance? :frown:), and don't know my results I will go into meltdown for a few hours, and maybe I'll be in such a state that I can't even face my teachers and talk myself out of going to school (and inevitably, having to tell people) all together.

b) If I'm at school and I find out that I haven't gotten into Oxford, and maybe Exeter, then I'm surrounded by teachers and staff who can tell me what to do next, and depending on the situation, help me out, seeing as this is a scenario they're familiar with, possibly making phone calls etc. It may be more awkward seeing my subject teachers straight away but at least I can talk to somebody, rather than crying at home and my family getting all upset and annoying.

c) If, on the unlikely chance I did get in, there's no benefit to me finding out on Track, because I still want to thank all of my subject teachers one last time and go into school to get my exact results anyway, and talk to people.

See, I've figured it out logically :smile: I've already spent too much time thinking about Results' Day...
Both! I'd much rather know before i went into school whether i'd got in or not, to prepare myself for grave faces of teachers/celebrations, but obvs if track goes down i'll just have to go in blind...
The only reason for me is the crapness of Track. I'd rather have a lie-in and not work myself into a frenzy pressing "refresh".
this is true! although tbf given the way my current sleeping pattern is going, it'd probably be best for me to stay up all night refreshing otherwise i'll sleep til 2pm and miss the whole thing...

Original post by Niki_girl
I agree with Chiara. I'm still pretty pessimistic, so I've decided that it's better just to wait a few hours, and be able to go into school and see my exact UMS/ module marks for some of my subjects. I'll be more nervous, but;

a) If I'm at home, 8am, see I haven't gotten into Oxford (and possibly my insurance? :frown:), and don't know my results I will go into meltdown for a few hours, and maybe I'll be in such a state that I can't even face my teachers and talk myself out of going to school (and inevitably, having to tell people) all together.

b) If I'm at school and I find out that I haven't gotten into Oxford, and maybe Exeter, then I'm surrounded by teachers and staff who can tell me what to do next, and depending on the situation, help me out, seeing as this is a scenario they're familiar with, possibly making phone calls etc. It may be more awkward seeing my subject teachers straight away but at least I can talk to somebody, rather than crying at home and my family getting all upset and annoying.

c) If, on the unlikely chance I did get in, there's no benefit to me finding out on Track, because I still want to thank all of my subject teachers one last time and go into school to get my exact results anyway, and talk to people.

See, I've figured it out logically :smile: I've already spent too much time thinking about Results' Day...

Fair enough to both of you, I can certainly understand why you'd do that. I think for me the idea of being able to know and not doing so would get to me...I would still go in to get my results at the specified time as well, to thank people/get help depending on the situation. It's a dilemma as I'd be so less nervous if I knew I'd got in, or really nervous and terrified if I left it and found out I didn't. Will think about it really...
Started at the gym today :lolwut: ooh and got the Hammer Grammar Guide for my reading list :h:
Started at the gym today :lolwut:

How was it? I've never even been to a gym, except to use the swimming pool :ninja: did you use the machines and stuff? They look cool :smile:

*fails at engaging in conversation involving exercise*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending