Why is it wrong to have sex with animals? Watch

This discussion is closed.
CandyFlipper
Badges: 13
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
This is something I've been thinking about for a while now, since I watched a documentary about people (in southern America, of course) who like to have sex with animals. I saw it on youtube and obviously 90% of people were saying they were disgusting and wrong - people generally seem dead against it. But why is it wrong?

People seem to say it's wrong because the animal is unable to consent. But then, we don't seem concerned about the animals consent when we imprison them, slaughter them and eat them.

To put this into perspective, raping a human is less bad than imprisonment, murder and cannibalism. So when it comes to animals, why is our morality the other way around?

You might say eating animals is more necessary/natural than having sex with them is. The point that it's more natural is true, but also irrelevant - I don't think that's the basis for judging whether something is moral or not. Is eating meat necessary? Certainly not in the western world, people can easily become vegan. The main reason to eat meat seems to be for pleasure, why is that any more necessary or important than sexual pleasure?

Oh and just to be clear, I abstain both from eating animals and from having sex with them. I think we should do neither, rather than both. Just in case anyone is thinking I love animals a bit too much!
Tokyoround
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Did you do naughty things to that monkey in your avatar?
TheEssence
Badges: 16
Report 7 years ago
lack of consent
Entrepreneur123
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What the actual ****?
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Go watch Black Mirror episode 1.

That's why we don't **** animals.
CandyFlipper
(Original post by Tokyoround)
Did you do naughty things to that monkey in your avatar?
He wears a nappy because his anus has prolapsed.

Edit - but really, I'm raising a serious point here, proper answers welcome.
Tommyjw
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by CandyFlipper)
People seem to say it's wrong because the animal is unable to consent. But then, we don't seem concerned about the animals consent when we imprison them, slaughter them and eat them.
Using harsh words such as 'imprison and slaughter' create a biased view towards essentially something that is needed in order to provide food for our population

To put this into perspective, raping a human is less bad than imprisonment, murder and cannibalism. So when it comes to animals, why is our morality the other way around?
Eating a animal for essential nutrients and for our diet is not the same as eating a person.

Just like eating a pet dog is illegal.
SaintSoldier
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Do you feel the urge to **** a horse?
internet tough guy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
they might turn around and bite off your ****
King Leonidas
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
That's dirts man:sick:
TheEssence
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by nish81)
I agree, it shouldn't really be morally wrong

What if an animal gets a woman off?
you have a troubled sou;, i know in certain circumstances it could be possible for an ape to rape a woman, but just because its the animal that initiates the act,doesn't mean it's all of a sudden alright.... animals have the defence of needing to satisfy their primitive urges, humans do not..
internet tough guy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TheEssence)
lack of consent
I don't recall cows giving consent to be made into nice juicy steak
Roshniroxy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why oh why would you even want to discuss let alone think about this ?!
CandyFlipper
(Original post by Tommyjw)
Using harsh words such as 'imprison and slaughter' create a biased view towards essentially something that is needed in order to provide food for our population
Hate to break this to you but the places animals are killed are called slaughterhouses. What do you think happens to them? They jump into our burger buns willingly?

It's not necessary to provide food. Vegans can live long and healthy lives and meat production is actually inefficient because the grain used to feed livestock could just feed humans directly instead.

Eating a animal for essential nutrients and for our diet is not the same as eating a person.

They're nutrients that you can get elsewhere. Not essential to eat animals. So I still maintain people mostly eat animals because of pleasure. Imagine if animals tasted disgusting and vegetables tasted amazing - would you still eat animals then?

(Original post by nish81)
I agree, it shouldn't really be morally wrong
That isn't really what I'm saying. I think having sex with animals is wrong, I'm just pointing out the double standards in worrying about consent all of a sudden here when most people eat animals. I'm basically having a dig at eating meat.
Antauri
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tommyjw)
Fair point, but in Japan they do eat cats, snakes and dogs. It's illegal in some places but maybe not for others.

I believe it has to do with religion. People think that animals are beneath humans and that they are simply property to be sold, and in some cases kicked out onto the street if they become a burden.

It's gone on like this for so long that I think we just don't think about it before we label it wrong.

I was once told as a young girl by my mother that a man mated with an ape, then with other women and that's how Aids was created. Very strange tale.
CandyFlipper
Why are 90% of people so far unable to understand my quite simple argument?
username545910
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's just weird isn't it

Negged for saying animal sex is weird....What is life.
johndoranglasgow
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by CandyFlipper)
Is eating meat necessary? Certainly not in the western world, people can easily become vegan. The main reason to eat meat seems to be for pleasure, why is that any more necessary or important than sexual pleasure?
Because we are biologically adapted to consume protein in the form of meat.
We are not biologically adapted to **** chickens.
TheEssence
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by internet tough guy)
I don't recall cows giving consent to be made into nice juicy steak
there is a difference between using animals as sexual tools for pleasure, and consuming them to attain the nutrients they posses necessary for a balanced diet
IPL_SOCIETY
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
dude........ having sex with another species is just retarded, we are intellectually developed, we know better than them, just because you're a desperate person who cant get someone of your own species to have sex with you doesnt mean you go rape another species... plus its pretty disgusting, youd have to have a loose screw to be going off doing that.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24.06%
No (322)
75.94%

Watched Threads