When is the best time to buy Reading tickets? Watch

ktylntn
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Soo I am hoping to make it to Reading Festival 2012! I've been wanting to go for the past couple of years but hopefully I shall finally make it happen next year.

Just looking for advice on when is the best time to buy tickets. At the moment they are about £210. Soo are they going to go up in price in the new year or is that standard? Last year I had a look in early August and found them for like £150 last minute, but is that a bit risky? Especially if I'll probably be going with a group of friends..

Cheers for any input!
scribble_girl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I went to Reading every year between 2006 - 2010 (and went on a day ticket this year...), and I bought my tickets in the early bird sales for the first few years as I knew I wanted to go regardless of what the line up was. It depends - if they say it's a load of bands you dislike, will you still want to go?

I would always advise that if you have the cash now, buy them at the £210 - that's 2011's price and it will doubtless go up when they go on sale again next year (I know they've extended the pre-sale; back when I went it was only a few days at the end of August, but it looks like they're letting you do it all 2011 from what I can see).

Where did you find them for £150 in August!? Honestly, they escalate in price the closer you get to the festival so I would have serious alarm bells ringing if you found them cheaper than face value. This list is of the only authorised agents for Reading/Leeds tickets http://media.livenation.co.uk/fido/p...0Agents(1).pdf and I would seriously not advise you to buy from anywhere else!!

So in short, if you're all certain you're going to go and you don't care what the line up is, buy them now . If you would rather pay a little more and buy once you know the lineup then get them then (but they will be slightly more expensive and it will be much more frantic trying to get tickets, you will need to be online the second they are released as fans of the bands who get announced will start buying them up ASAP after the announcement). And whatever you do, don't buy from an unauthorised vendor!!

Have a wonderful festival and pray for sunshine!
ktylntn
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Thanks for all your advice! Really helpful
I'll try and get them this year then!
Libby18
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
if you want to see particular bands, then as soon as the lists are released as the tickets incredibly fast
JollyGreenAtheist
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If last year is anything to go by, and I expect it is because the headliners being thrown around aren't fantastic, you're best off waiting.

If you panic buy when they come out, you'll pay full price.
If you wait for demand to drop after a month or so, there should be weekend tickets on second hand resellers for a fraction of RRP.
Megaross
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Last year tickets were only cheap because the lineup was one of the worst in a long time and it didn't sell out properly.

I got mine on vodafone vip last year but this year, if I do bother going I'll probably wait for the lineup this year. Even if it involves getting a coach package or something, always get early entry though.
Swell
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Probably best waiting till March (official sale) and seeing what the line up is like. Although the rumours are better than last year I still think tickets won't sell out that fast. That is, unless Blur play, if that's the case then tickets will FLY off the shelves...
joshbros
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think last year must of been a one off, if that happens again they'll have to drop the price. It doesn't get the same buzz and excitement about it if it doesn't sell out in the first day or so. In previous years tickets have gone way over £400 in August.
Swell
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by joshbros)
I think last year must of been a one off, if that happens again they'll have to drop the price. It doesn't get the same buzz and excitement about it if it doesn't sell out in the first day or so. In previous years tickets have gone way over £400 in August.
I think Melvin over the last couple years has tried to get away with spending the bear minimum. I mean last year you had three of the headliners (Pulp, Strokes and MCR) who weren't even headlining at other festivals. He has pulled off the odd brilliant signing like the Libertines in 2010 and Radiohead in 2009, but he needs to be getting 4 or 5 really 'attractive' bands in the line up.

He'll need to pull off something special this year to get the confidence back, especially now he's got Phoenix Festival to compete with...
The_master616
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Never.
richierich01
Report 6 years ago
Tuborg have a competition to win 5 tickets to it. Might be worth a shot entering that too?

https://www.facebook.com/TuborgUK?sk=app_6009294086
WH1892
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It depends if the line up is popular or not, I bought mine last minute cause I only decided I wanted to go about 2 weeks before.

Cost me around £140 I think from seatwave, however my mate said when they were really popular on other websites they ended up higher than the original price
dylantombides
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
If I get a weekend ticket now (2018) and realise I can't go - would I be able governor sell it for more or less than face value realistically?

I'm asking because my friends are faffing about if they want to go and are last min people so invite tempted to buy it and if we don't go (or go for the day) I could always sell my ticket - hopefully for a profit?
CollectiveSoul
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by dylantombides)
If I get a weekend ticket now (2018) and realise I can't go - would I be able governor sell it for more or less than face value realistically?

I'm asking because my friends are faffing about if they want to go and are last min people so invite tempted to buy it and if we don't go (or go for the day) I could always sell my ticket - hopefully for a profit?

have you seen just how shocking the line-up is this year? worst ever possibly. compare it to 2005/08/09...
dylantombides
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by CollectiveSoul)
have you seen just how shocking the line-up is this year? worst ever possibly. compare it to 2005/08/09...
There's plenty of great artists there... Kendrick Lamar, Wretch 32, Annie Mac, My Nu Leng & Hannah Wants are all there.
failingenglish17
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
tempted to go Saturday just to see brockhampton
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (48)
18.11%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (107)
40.38%
Nope, not that interesting (110)
41.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed