Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJT)
    What on earth are you on?????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????? ???
    im on nothing.....i dont take drugs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss Scarlet)
    no you're not
    did you just reply to yourself? or am i confused? People aren't all normal, there is no definition of normal. Everyone's different, and personally i think it's quite arrogant and selfish for any one person to think that their problems are SO much worse than everyone else's. Think of the little children in Etheopia with bloated bellies who would give anything for what you throw in the bin. And then we get girls crying about wobbly thighs (i'm not preaching here, i used to be one of them...anorexic in fact....but got over that one). All i'm saying is people should be greatful for what we have. And suicide is very cowardly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Custard)
    ]Have you just answered your own post? I'm quite confused now.

I'm a freak, but I do enjoy been one.

I understand that, I do that - I say something then I rationalise, then I go silly and then I rationalise. I don't think she's a troll, just very unhappy and that can manifest itself in being uncertain of what you're feeling and trying to express both too people. And sometimes people think you are silly for being rational one minute and silly the next, but you just have to work it out in your mind - although it's hard.

ReputationRep:
    im on nothing.....i dont take drugs
    i know you don't - you're a good girl

ReputationRep:
    thanks babe!

ReputationRep:
    ask ollie what's going on :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    Don't you think its better to be a freak than be just the typical prototype moulded to be like evryone else in the same close same hair same slang words. I now call people trees for goodness sake. I pretend to be normal when I'm about people I don't know but when I'm alone with my friends we throw aliens at each other, laugh, dance wear weird clothes buy mans jeans mans caps mans shirts.

ReputationRep:
    thanks babe!
    no probs hunni

ReputationRep:

okay i kinda get the feeling that you're doing a bit of piss taking here. Schizophrenic posts?!

ReputationRep:
    thanks babe!
    ive always felt like theres two chazers in me one is a depressed freak and the other is nice and gentle im glad i can express both in here

ReputationRep:
    ive always felt like theres two chazers in me one is a depressed freak and the other is nice and gentle im glad i can express both in here
    yeh me too

ReputationRep:
    no probs hunni

Hun, what is going on? My god just to add to the confusing its going crazy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    okay i kinda get the feeling that you're doing a bit of piss taking here. Schizophrenic posts?!
    I am agreeing with you...Its scaring me. I really love you avatar, you have no idea!

ReputationRep:
    peoplpe who are "talking" about suicide generally dont have depression, they have attention disorders, if somone is depressed enough to kill themselvesthey generally wont tell people they are going to do it!

there is always the exception to the general, but by saying im going to kill myself its normally a look at me or even a help me remark.

i think everyone has downers at somepoint or another, but england is getting very american at the mo and handing out anti-depressants for everything. and making a case of teenage angst into manic depression.

it seems the answer to everything is damn councillers! i lose count of the times ive been told to see a friggin counsiller! but really what good can they do, they dont let you get over stuff you keep dragging it up! councillers turn minor problems into much bigger ones!

in 17 years ive had my fair share of ups and downs but will not deny that i can think of soo many people much worse off!

suicide is running away from your problems! its the weak people who see suicide astheonly escape, i refuse to be sympathetic towards people who take there own lives destroying the lives of people who loved and cared for them.

ReputationRep:
    i often feel like i have an imposter in my head telling me to do stuff, he says move your arm and my arm moves......i cant control anything only sometimes i come out and im scared and lonely i cant do anything about it because he controls me 98% of the time thats y when hes gone it might be easier to clip myself!!!

ReputationRep:
    i often feel like i have an imposter in my head telling me to do stuff, he says move your arm and my arm moves......i cant control anything only sometimes i come out and im scared and lonely i cant do anything about it because he controls me 98% of the time thats y when hes gone it might be easier to clip myself!!!
    i think i will clip myself. yes

ReputationRep:
    I have just read your other posts on the site Miss Scarlet and despite an unhealthy infatuation with mr white u seem perfectly normal which leds to the conclusion that your having us on, on course i will never know if this is true and im deeply sorry if you are going through alot but on the other hand if you are seeking attention can you not do it here.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, there's a big big difference between feeling 'down' and being depressed. I'm not trying to belittle anyone's feelings, but it's true.

ruthie, suicide isn't necessarily running away from your problems. People don't just suddenly decide to give up, it's a drawn out process, usually when someone has no idea how to make the issue(s) go away and have tried many things to deal with it. You say that we're becoming americanised and that doctors seem to be handing out pills and recommending counselling to people suffering from teenage angst, and maybe that's true, maybe some people are being angsty and depression has become a more... 'fashionable' problem to have. However, no matter what age you are, you can get depressed, and have things go on in your life which can cause depression. Would you say to the 15 year old who was abused by her father that she was being angsty? What about someone who's told that they're stupid constantly? Or a 17yr old who had an abortion, even though they didn't particularly want one, because they knew it wasn't the right time for a baby? How about someone who's bullied, physically or mentally, by friends, family, boyfriend, girlfriend, people they don't even know?

I've been diagnosed with depression twice, once when i was younger and once last year. The first time i was put onto prozac for 8 months, which helped but i really didn't like it - i stayed on them for as long as i needed, then stopped taking them asap. The second time, my doctor tried to put me on tablets, but i refused. I've been seeing a counsellor for the past 8 weeks, and it does help.

I think the problem with the internet is that people who are depressed tend to stay in more, and therefore there is a larger proportion of people on things like message boards who want social interaction without actually facing the world. This would give a distorted idea of how many people actually have depression.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sa-ra-ra-ra)
    I think the problem with the internet is that people who are depressed tend to stay in more, and therefore there is a larger proportion of people on things like message boards who want social interaction without actually facing the world. This would give a distorted idea of how many people actually have depression.
    yeah i agree with that, even tho i think the people on here seem happy with their lives which has kinda supprised me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sa-ra-ra-ra)
    Ok, there's a big big difference between feeling 'down' and being depressed. I'm not trying to belittle anyone's feelings, but it's true.

ruthie, suicide isn't necessarily running away from your problems. People don't just suddenly decide to give up, it's a drawn out process, usually when someone has no idea how to make the issue(s) go away and have tried many things to deal with it. You say that we're becoming americanised and that doctors seem to be handing out pills and recommending counselling to people suffering from teenage angst, and maybe that's true, maybe some people are being angsty and depression has become a more... 'fashionable' problem to have. However, no matter what age you are, you can get depressed, and have things go on in your life which can cause depression. Would you say to the 15 year old who was abused by her father that she was being angsty? What about someone who's told that they're stupid constantly? Or a 17yr old who had an abortion, even though they didn't particularly want one, because they knew it wasn't the right time for a baby? How about someone who's bullied, physically or mentally, by friends, family, boyfriend, girlfriend, people they don't even know?
    i completly agree when you say there is a major difference between being down and being depressed,
    i think you took my post the wrong way, i do feel that depression is americanised and doctors hand out pills left right and center im not denying that some of those people will have a real problem with depression i just think that alot of people have their problems dramatised by councillers and GP's. i know people who have been diagnosed with depression some of them including my neighbour undisputedly did have quite bad cases of actual depression but in my yr 11 at school about half the year group were on some form of anti depressent or another and yes there were one or two who genuinly were depressed but there were also alot of "oh my boyfriend of 2 days just dumped me" or look at me im so depressed.

i dont understand how you can say suicide is not running away, it is. at the end of the day if you have found you cant carry on you run away! no matter how you phrase it to try and put it nicely and make it less cowardly it is always running away, ducking out, escaping. maybe im just lacking the sympathy for people who kill themselves because i see them as selfish and cannot forgive the peope i loved who have killed themselves and left me here to cope without them.
    I do not doubt that in many peoples lives there are many a thing they would love to run away from but there is always a way around these things! a way to fight them!

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people who are depressed don't believe or realise that they'll leave people behind that will miss them. Part of the... not motivation, but the thinking behind suicidal people's thoughts is that there is really noone out there who will notice that they're gone, and therefore it doesn't matter whether they're there or not. Unless you're VERY close to someone, it's often very difficult to identify depression without them saying something, and therefore they don't feel that anyone cares about them, that they aren't getting the support that they need.

I've not explained that well. Sorry.

I HATE that this board doesn't have a quote tab. *pulls irritated face*

Edit: Ok, it totally does. I'm a dumbass. Ignore me.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 18, 2004
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.