The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Harvey121
Really can't understand why so many opposition fans still think Koscielny is a poor CB.

Most of my friends all say the ONLY CB we have is Vermaelen.

Kos has been the best CB for us all season.

Although I guess its a good thing that he goes relatively unnoticed. Don't fancy losing him with the way he's improving.

I agree. He has been incredible. Sure he has had a few gaffes, but he is easily in the top 3 defenders in the prem. If anything Vermaelen was sloppy against AC Milan on the away leg. And i'm pretty sure he also was sloppy not too long ago in a prem game.

Either way, the two of them are amazing. Such a good relationship and understanding between them.

:lol:

oh and ‎Arsenal have had more different goalscorers (17) than any other team in the PL this season....one man team my @$$
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by In2deep
Interestingly enough, according to the EA Sports Player Performance Index, we have three midfielders in the top ten; Arteta (4th), Walcott (6th) and Song (8th). All of whom are above Nasri (15th) who is just behind Etherington of Stoke.

:rofl:

Yet, they're all 82 in Fifa 12 whilst Nasri is 86. Retards.

Original post by Billa Bong

oh and ‎Arsenal have had more different goalscorers (17) than any other team in the PL this season....one man team my @$$

How is he getting all that clunge? :lolwut:
http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2012/03/15/Premier-League-on-Setanta-Viewers-Choice/gnid-134750/

Everyone vote for the Arsenal match please! Even if you don't have Setanta, do it to help out fellow gooners :smile: We can't have Chelsea beating us for votes now.
Original post by In2deep
We should only be looking upwards though

Looking upwards is crazy talk, we're in a battle for 3rd, end of. We're by no means guaranteed that, especially with Spurs' run-in, so that needs to be our sole concern. Talking about catching City or title hopes for next year just sets us up for massive egg on our face. Way too much over-confidence in this thread, if Spurs do catch us back there'll be some people looking like complete dickheads.

We're supposed to be a classy club, when we're giving it the big'un more than the Spuds and Chavs have at any stage this season, something's gone wrong.
Original post by Panthalic
Looking upwards is crazy talk, we're in a battle for 3rd, end of. We're by no means guaranteed that, especially with Spurs' run-in, so that needs to be our sole concern. Talking about catching City or title hopes for next year just sets us up for massive egg on our face. Way too much over-confidence in this thread, if Spurs do catch us back there'll be some people looking like complete dickheads.

We're supposed to be a classy club, when we're giving it the big'un more than the Spuds and Chavs have at any stage this season, something's gone wrong.

You misunderstand the point of looking up. Looking over shoulder is not as good as a motivator as trying to catch up with whoever is above you, just look at our situation with Spurs..

The whole point of looking up and trying to catch City is gaining as much points as possible, if we do go for it and at the end we don't manage to finish 2nd (it'll take more than a miracle) then a third place finish is more likely to have been solidified. I remember several notable members here hoping for a draw between Tottenham and Newcastle a while back because they were worried Newcastle might overtake us, I told them then that we should only be worried about the teams above us and hope Spurs dropped some points. They might have won the game then but look where we are now? The gap was bigger then and a lot of people called us off.

In any case, where we finish this season won't fool me, we need a lot of improvement over the summer to contend for the league next year. As for being over-confident, read this..
Original post by In2deep
You misunderstand the point of looking up. Looking over shoulder is not as good as a motivator as trying to catch up with whoever is above you, just look at our situation with Spurs..

The whole point of looking up and trying to catch City is gaining as much points as possible, if we do go for it and at the end we don't manage to finish 2nd (it'll take more than a miracle) then a third place finish is more likely to have been solidified. I remember several notable members here hoping for a draw between Tottenham and Newcastle a while back because they were worried Newcastle might overtake us, I told them then that we should only be worried about the teams above us and hope Spurs dropped some points. They might have won the game then but look where we are now? The gap was bigger then and a lot of people called us off.

In any case, where we finish this season won't fool me, we need a lot of improvement over the summer to contend for the league next year. As for being over-confident, read this..

I get your point and I wasn't specifically referring to you, hence why I only quoted the bit that I did as it was an apt summation of what the vocal majority are saying the past few days. The players need to remain motivated and keep their current level of performance, but only in order to get 3rd, anything else is a pipe dream.
Original post by Panthalic

Mind the fap.
Reply 7308
A pint of the black stuff to celebrate St Totteringhams day would be sublime but I wouldnt really bank on it at this point, Stoke away and City at home will be difficult and maybe Chelsea too. I would back the scum to get a win tomorrow night to turn it around again and go on a run because they arent really playing anyone in their next few games
Original post by Billa Bong

Screw bending it like Beckham, I wanna score like Chamakh!
It's Arteta's birthday today.

I think I speak on behalf of everyone when I say he's been by far our best buy this season. He has quietly gone about his business and has been a more than ample replacement for Wilshere.

Stat attack:

Arsenal (league) win % with Mikel Arteta - 72%, without Arteta - 0%. Key.

Most passes in EPL is Mikel Arteta 1892 passes with 90% accuracy. 29 more than next player in stats & 126 more than Modric
Original post by Darth Vader 7
It's Arteta's birthday today.

I think I speak on behalf of everyone when I say he's been by far our best buy this season. He has quietly gone about his business and has been a more than ample replacement for Wilshere.

Stat attack:

Arsenal (league) win % with Mikel Arteta - 72%, without Arteta - 0%. Key.

Most passes in EPL is Mikel Arteta 1892 passes with 90% accuracy. 29 more than next player in stats & 126 more than Modric

Great stats those.

I still find it baffling how some Arsenal fans still don't acknowledge his great work and even say he was a bad buying :facepalm:.

He's played excellent and his achievements look even better considering he is played out of position.
Reply 7313
A few times I've been frustrated with Arteta being a bit Denilson esque just playing square balls especially when we need to push on (newcastle at home most recently) but its impossible to denie he has been very useful over the course of the season and he does a lot of dirty work people dont realise
Reply 7314
Happy 30th Birthday Mikel Arteta! :cake::arsenal:
Original post by J.Star
Happy 30th Birthday Mikel Arteta! :cake::arsenal:

I don't think he uses TSR.
What's happening with this Eisfeld fella we signed in January? He's only played 45 minutes worth of football since he arrived. And I don't think he's injured. :confused:
Original post by Nabster_88
I don't think he uses TSR.

He does. I'm 120% sure of it.

Original post by DisconcertingWink1
What's happening with this Eisfeld fella we signed in January? He's only played 45 minutes worth of football since he arrived. And I don't think he's injured. :confused:

Last I heard he got an injury. Apparently has Arsenal DNA, therefore extremely injury prone, but not to worry our injury players are normally our best players (i.e rvp, wilshere...)
Wenger said: “Yes we want Podolski, because we want to add some offensive strikers, because many times people say we rely too much on Van Persie, which is true, but if we can find world-class players, we will challenge for the title.”

It looks like Wenger is serious about the title next year. Hope.
Doesn't sound like Wenger. Daily Mail. I think those quotes are rubbish.

Latest