The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1000
Original post by Abiraleft
I thought you hated Arsenal. :holmes:

In other news, it's going to be a very difficult game tomorrow. :beard:

I hated Arsenal fans for a little while due to a scuffle after a game, but I'm over it.
Original post by Colonel.
I hated Arsenal fans for a little while due to a scuffle after a game, but I'm over it.

Did one of the gooners dare to say eduardos dive wasn't worse than the holocaust?

****in' scots!

And the fulham game tomorrow will be tough. I am quite sure arsenal won't win. 0-0.

CAPTAIN FANTASTTTTTTTIC!!!
Arsenal.com gave Arshavin the man of the match against QPR (voted by public) and SSN player ratings also voted by the public gave him the second worst rating after Walcott. Confused :s-smilie:
I thought Arshavin played well by his standards this season. He was quite active and did well to get an assist. However he needs to do better. I remember when you would rate him a world class player but now he just isn't what he used to be.

If there was ever an argument for Wenger not spending money, it is probably because whenever he does spend a bit more than usual he ends up with a mercenary (Nasri) and someone who just can't be asked (Arshavin).
Original post by Darth Vader 7
I thought Arshavin played well by his standards this season. He was quite active and did well to get an assist. However he needs to do better. I remember when you would rate him a world class player but now he just isn't what he used to be.

If there was ever an argument for Wenger not spending money, it is probably because whenever he does spend a bit more than usual he ends up with a mercenary (Nasri) and someone who just can't be asked (Arshavin).

I know he's for the future but I'm happy with the 15m spent on oxlade.
Reply 1006
Seen Piers Morgan apologising about copenhagen again on twitter, still a ****
Original post by Darth Vader 7

Were you at the game? He was awful! Gave the ball away far too many times, even took the ball off Walcott at one point. It was a good pass to RVP but other than that he was poor.

:love:...they have actually deleted the pic off the arsenal website now...lol we already saw it noobs :tongue:

ohh and apparently he will return to New York on 20th February which means he'll miss the match against Spurs :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Halfway through the season, back in the CL places and only 9 points off the top. Pretty good given where we were after 7 games. :smile:
Miquel as left back for three weeks?

How far as squillaci fallen down the pecking order haha
Reply 1011
2012 hopes:

- Arsene signs a decent forward
- Arshavin leaves
- Walcott becomes more consistent

2012 expectations

- a top four place. Chelsea is the weakest in years, and Spurs are due a bad run of form.
- an FA Cup win. It's possible, we have shown in our good run that we can beat/hold our own against other top teams (Chelsea and City). It's obviously going to be one of the top 6 in the league who will win it, or are favourites to do so.

It's good that Thierry has come back, and I think Arsene should experiment with a 442. Thierry would be better in a Bergkamp-esque role, since I doubt he has his pace as he did before.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1012
Original post by Billa Bong

:love:...they have actually deleted the pic off the arsenal website now...lol we already saw it noobs :tongue:

ohh and apparently he will return to New York on 20th February which means he'll miss the match against Spurs :frown:

lmao... that beard gets me everytime.
Original post by rameela
2012 hopes:

- Arsene signs a decent forward
- Arshavin leaves
- Walcott becomes more consistent

2012 expectations

- a top four place. Chelsea is the weakest in years, and Spurs are due a bad run of form.
- an FA Cup win. It's possible, we have shown in our good run that we can beat/hold our own against other top teams (Chelsea and City). It's obviously going to be one of the top 6 in the league who will win it, or are favourites to do so.

It's good that Thierry has come back, and I think Arsene should experiment with a 442. Thierry would be better in a Bergkamp-esque role, since I doubt he has his pace as he did before.

Chelsea did the exact same thing last season and were in the exact same position last season at this stage of the season and came second, weirdly enough spurs and arsenal were on top of us with city on top(with the extra games played of course). plus I would say all the teams besides city and liverpool have become weaker and man united have stayed the same since last season.

Still, tottenham are due a **** up. I'll see them in 5th place.
Original post by alex_hk90
Halfway through the season, back in the CL places and only 9 points off the top. Pretty good given where we were after 7 games. :smile:

True, i'm still waiting for march for arsenal to mess up and waiting for spurs to mess up any time now so chelsea are above you guys for the 7th year in a row. :tongue:
I think top 4 will be city, united, arsenal and chelsea again in no specific order. I can't imagine arsenal outside top 4, same for chelsea and united, city are strong this year so I see them in top 4 even if they don't get the title.
Original post by jam277
True, i'm still waiting for march for arsenal to mess up and waiting for spurs to mess up any time now so chelsea are above you guys for the 7th year in a row. :tongue:
I think top 4 will be city, united, arsenal and chelsea again in no specific order. I can't imagine arsenal outside top 4, same for chelsea and united, city are strong this year so I see them in top 4 even if they don't get the title.

Well I'm hoping we've had our March collapse early this year. :tongue: I agree with your prediction for the top 4 though.
Original post by alex_hk90
Well I'm hoping we've had our March collapse early this year. :tongue: I agree with your prediction for the top 4 though.

Yeah, I still think the title race is wide open, city no longer look invincible, united have so many injuries, they will drop points, tottenham is just a matter of when and I can't put past a ridiculous unbeaten run by chelsea again, liverpool are still the liverpool of old, dodgy as hell, can win any cup but can't sustain a title challenge which would have been enough for top 4 until tottenham came out of nowhere and city got their money. Arsenal's march crash last year was the funniest though, it's like it's always 1-0 to arsenal with van persie scoring, then somehow you lose it 2-1 from corners and other set pieces, stokes one was the funniest when wenger called stoke a rugby team.
(edited 12 years ago)
Firstly, if Gervinho and Walcott knew how to finish we would be scoring a minimum of three goals in every game. We've been extremely wasteful and this could also be directed at van Persie to an extent, although he obviously had the record on his mind so it doesn't really matter. Gervinho and Walcott don't have an excuse though, you expect the former to be scoring from 4-5 yards and the latter to be finishing a clear one on one chance. It's ironic that he wanted Wenger to give him a chance as a centre-forward when he can't even finish a simple chance.

Fingers crossed there's no more setbacks or injuries to the current players though, although I wouldn't be surprised because It's Arsenal were talking about. Some of our players are made of glass.

Thomas Vermaelen - 2 to 3 weeks (Hopes he's fit for united)
Bacary Sagna - 3 to 4 weeks
Kieran Gibbs - 3 to 4 weeks
Carl Jenkinson - Not sure.
Jack Wilshere - 4 weeks
Andre Santos - 2 months
Abou Diaby - Not sure, will probably get injured again though. Need to get rid of him.
Vito Mannone - Not sure.

Finally, something that should suprise a lot of people is that Harry Redknapp grew up a Gooner. He told Robert Peston (massive Arsenal fan) that the most exciting match he ever saw at Highbury was Arsenal versus Manchester United on the weekend before the 1958 Munich Air Crash. Always wondered why he didn't mind Arsenal, theres the answer.
Original post by TheInvincibles14
Firstly, if Gervinho and Walcott knew how to finish we would be scoring a minimum of three goals in every game. We've been extremely wasteful and this could also be directed at van Persie to an extent, although he obviously had the record on his mind so it doesn't really matter. Gervinho and Walcott don't have an excuse though, you expect the former to be scoring from 4-5 yards and the latter to be finishing a clear one on one chance. It's ironic that he wanted Wenger to give him a chance as a centre-forward when he can't even finish a simple chance.

Fingers crossed there's no more setbacks or injuries to the current players though, although I wouldn't be surprised because It's Arsenal were talking about. Some of our players are made of glass.

Thomas Vermaelen - 2 to 3 weeks (Hopes he's fit for united)
Bacary Sagna - 3 to 4 weeks
Kieran Gibbs - 3 to 4 weeks
Carl Jenkinson - Not sure.
Jack Wilshere - 4 weeks
Andre Santos - 2 months
Abou Diaby - Not sure, will probably get injured again though. Need to get rid of him.
Vito Mannone - Not sure.

Finally, something that should suprise a lot of people is that Harry Redknapp grew up a Gooner. He told Robert Peston (massive Arsenal fan) that the most exciting match he ever saw at Highbury was Arsenal versus Manchester United on the weekend before the 1958 Munich Air Crash. Always wondered why he didn't mind Arsenal, theres the answer.

Redknapps a straight up londoner, he doesn't really hate any of the teams in london. Don't know how he feels about millwall though.
Yeah wondered what happened to jenkinson, he just randomly got injured and now no one knows when he's coming back, that's got to be an honest first.
Imagine arsenal with hargreaves, essien, da silva twins and ferdinand. That's a team made of glass.
(edited 12 years ago)
arsenal will ****ing lose today... Arsenal ****ing sucks....**** arsenal...they wont win...no one will even score a left footed hatrick...**** arsenal.