The Student Room Group

Za Za Bazaar

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I had a lot of things haha. Pizza is very nice, the crust isn't crunchy like on some pizzas, its nice and soft which is good. You can also ask for custom toppings.
The pasta is delicious too, it's great how they do it as the pasta only takes like 20 seconds in something which looks like a deep fat fryer. And the sauce is fantastic.
The indian section is great too, it's like a takeaway.
Reply 21
Looking forward to it.

Was going to go to Jimmy spices in bath because i love that place, but then someone told me about this and i was a bit out of the loop and hadnt heard about it opening and such.
I can't wait! I loved the buffets in Las Vegas when we went, and I am hoping this is going to be similar!
Reply 23
Going tonight, good 17 of us, so i'll let you know what i think :holmes:
I think me and my boyfriend will be making a special trip to Bristol in 2012 to try this restaurant. We live in London but it sounds worth the trek!
Reply 25
It sure is! I'm going again mid-January :biggrin:
Reply 26
Well ye, it was awesome. So much choice.
Went to a similar place in bath, Jimmy spices, which has less choice but still equally as good.

Drinks were a bit expensive, but generally is in such places. but they provide as much jugs of water as you like, which is better than the beer/cider i would usually get given i wanted to eat as much as possible :P

All the 'cooked to order' food was really good, pasta was especially nice. Only gripe i had was these little corn on the cobs which were a biy dry and such but everything else was great.
Reply 27
I agree with the corn on the cobs, the sweetcorn not on cobs was much nicer.
Reply 28
ZaZa is over-rated imo. Yes, its reasonably priced, but the foot isn't anything special and the deserts are really poor. When I went, the strawberry ice-cream was definitely out of date too.

BTW the pizza is average. The meatballs were quite nice on the pizza, but it wasn't anything special.

With the price in mind though, I'd probably give it a 6.5/10.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 29
Been again since I started this thread. I disagree with the above, the desserts are great, there's loads of choice and it's ALL nice. The pizza was poorer last time, I preferred the crust when it was light and soft instead of crunchy, I guess it depends on the chef making it.
Reply 30
going there soon :smile: can you get a student discount with nus card?
Reply 31
Doubt it, doesn't say anything about it.
My friend went there last night and hated it. She said the food was cold and horrible, and when they complained about it the staff didn't seem to care. They also ordered drinks and specifically asked for no ice, but when the drinks came they had ice in them and the staff bar staff refused to change them. It's not just a one off, either, three separate people I know have said how bad it is- we were going to go for a friend's birthday next week but decided on Flavourz instead.

Quick Reply