hi everyone, iv applied to study biomedical science this year, and i need to make a desicion between newcastle and manchester,i really need ur help....heres a list of pros and cons for each uni....
NEWCASTLE - Pros
* i love the city!
* everyone was really friendly when i visited
* its 2nd in the country for biomed
* the course itself looks really fun
* in the 2nd year i rly want to do human gentetics, n newcastles the only uni that specialises in human genetics.
* doesnt offer a year out to do work experience
* maybe doesnt have as many facilities such as huge library etc
*possibly less likely to get a job at the end of my degree
MANCHESTER - Pros
* would offer me £5000 a year if i get 3 As at a level BUT theyve offered me AAB so if i get that i have to go to manchester and not get the grant = loads of pressure on me
* course includes a year out in industry which is paid
* fun city - loads to do
* does lots of biomed research
* a bit too big...crime may be more of a problem etc
* the course seems more academic, more practical etc...although could b a good thing in terms of getting a job at the end of my degree
* didnt feel as friendly when i visited
So please will anyone with an opinion help me!! ....should i go for the money, or for the city i really love? Thanks for your help xxxxxx