This discussion is closed.
Wally
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 18 years ago
Is anyone dong the Ad-Maths course for GCSE? I am, we do two modules, pure 1 and mechs 1. The mechs is really very very easy but the pure is so difficult!!!! I can't do it. Anyone having similar problems?
Rachie
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
Hiya!!
Im sorry but im not doing that course for maths GCSE but im okay at maths so if there is anything that u need help with i would be glad to help!! If i can, i said im good, but not that good!!
Wally
Rep:
?
Well i'm kinda stuck with the principles of differentiation and intergration.
Rachie
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
Well, im not too good, so i dont think i can help you, im sorry!!
but if you explain what part you get and what you are stuck on, i'll try and help you, im not promising though!!
I get stuck with maths sometimes too!!
LUKE4EVER
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
Ok, I took maths a year early and got a B. I don't pretend to be great at maths, but with the amount of text books I've got at home to get me through it I should be some help. Just give me a question and I'll see if I can explain the answer for you.

Luke
Wally
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
Well i'm kinda stuck with the principles of differentiation and intergration.

--
"Now, this may sting a little just at first. But don't worry, that'll go away once the searing pain
kicks in." -- Ethan Rayne

Posted via UK-Learning.Net, http://www.uk-learning.net/ UK Coursework, Revision, Community and More
Rachie
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
Well, im not too good, so i dont think i can help you, im sorry!! but if you explain what part you
get and what you are stuck on, i'll try and help you, im not promising though!! I get stuck with
maths sometimes too!!

--
"Now, this may sting a little just at first. But don't worry, that'll go away once the searing pain

Posted via UK-Learning.Net, http://www.uk-learning.net/ UK Coursework, Revision, Community and More
Luke4ever
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
Ok, I took maths a year early and got a B. I don't pretend to be great at maths, but with the amount
of text books I've got at home to get me through it I should be some help. Just give me a question
and I'll see if I can explain the answer for you.

Luke

--

Wally
Rep:
?
Something went wrong with this post!
Rachie
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
yeah, the board has been down for a few days, maybe thats why!
Wally
Rep:
?
i think so
max
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
I've left my GCSE maths to the last second!! well...day lol. gotta hand it in 2morrow or i have 1 hour 2 do it in detention and they take that mark for it.
HELP!
max
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
I've left my GCSE maths to the last second!! well...day lol. gotta hand it in 2morrow or i have 1 hour 2 do it in detention and they take that mark for it.
HELP! Anyone done the 1000m fencing project? (1000 metres of fencing, investigating different shapes to find the shape with the largest area)
Rachie
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
hiya, i hope you get it in on time!!
I leave my work to the last minute sometimes too, its a mistake!!
Good luck with it and if you need any help (and i can help with it) please say and i will gladly help!!
well until later, c ya xxx
god
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
I WOULD LOVE TO HELP U IF U WANT ME TOO I HAVE DONE THIS BEFORE.SO IF U WANT ANY HELP THEN WRITE BACK.LUV GOD
Wally
Rep:
?
Cheers for that I got an A in my mocks so I think I might just be all right
Rachie
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
Well done!!!
I got a B in my maths mock exam and i was pleased so i bet u really are!!
Luv rachie xx
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
hey, di
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
hey, differentiation and integration's wee buns really- basically if you have an equation eg.

Y=4X2(thats squared btw) + 5X + 15

if you differentiate you take one away from the power and multiply by the old power so....

you get

Y= 8X+5

and the 15 dissapears.
thats it.

And integration is just as easy.

Say its

Y= 5x+5

then you simply add one onto the power and divide by the new power.

So you get-

Y=2.5X2 (squared tht is again btw) + 5X + C

you add the C on because you don't know if there were any ordinary numbers there that disappeared during differentiation.
You don't have to do anything with it, just remember to put it in.
And thats really about it- it gets more complex if you start using it to find max. and min. values etc. but those are the basics
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (312)
34.06%
No (604)
65.94%

Watched Threads