Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    True but Doner is by far the most popular.
    I'd say it's about 60% 40%. The only reason my friends avoid chicken is because it's about £1 more than normal donner.

ReputationRep:
    Strange that a thread about Etonians turned into one about Kebabs...not sure many of them would like to know about that one ... :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    I'd say it's about 60% 40%. The only reason my friends avoid chicken is because it's about £1 more than normal donner.
    lol. Going back to the theory there is nothing in doner...is it me or isnt chicken cheaper then beef lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onlylittleme)
    Strange that a thread about Etonians turned into one about Kebabs...not sure many of them would like to know about that one ... :P
    Nah, they love junk food, I know a few (one is a good mate) and they are all about kebabs, McD's and SUbway.

ReputationRep:
    I think the reason for many people opting for chicken is the fact that you actually know that it is chicken! whereas with donner meat it could be anything at all, who ever heard of an animal called a donner! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rob24601)
    I think the reason for many people opting for chicken is the fact that you actually know that it is chicken! whereas with donner meat it could be anything at all, who ever heard of an animal called a donner! :P
    Mm I know a few that go to Harrow and they are all about eating well and refusing to go to MacDonalds etc

Dont know about Etonians. I used to know some people who went on to go to Eton, they were alright when I knew them but i guess that Eton could have changed them.

ReputationRep:
    Mm I know a few that go to Harrow and they are all about eating well and refusing to go to MacDonalds etc

Dont know about Etonians. I used to know some people who went on to go to Eton, they were alright when I knew them but i guess that Eton could have changed them.
    I went to school woth my friend for five years before he went ot Eton, he hasnt changed.

Hehe, them boys from Harrow will only be doing that to keep up appearences. When on their own no doubt they would go to McD's if they were hungry.

ReputationRep:
    I went to Wellington for a little while, didn't like it there so didn't stay for very long. I didn't realise that puff Will Young went there though! Also, it's not Wellington College it's Wellington School. There actualy seemed to be quite alot of stuck up ***** at this school.

On the whole though i've been to a few private schools (Ranby House School, Queens College and Wellington) and most kids are fine down to earth people. Obviously you'l get some who are snobby *****. Wellington did seem to have a few to many for my liking.

However, i've been to state schools as well and think im quite lucky to have seen both sides of the picture. I personaly preferred state education, just seemed to fit in easier and preferred the easier work load. A really annoying thing about state education is that it's crap for sports, they don't teach you anywhere near private level. This did really annoy me as I like my sports.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moog)

On the whole though i've been to a few private schools (Ranby House School, Queens College and Wellington) and most kids are fine down to earth people. Obviously you'l get some who are snobby *****. Wellington did seem to have a few to many for my liking.
    I thought Queens College was Girls only? But I agree with you the people that are more down to earth far outweigh those that are arrogant and obsessed with their own wealth. Some of the rich people I know are just embarassed when their wealth comes up in conversation.
    Hehe think that those boys from Harrow were just trying to impress me :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rob24601)
    Yeah Santa's reindeer

ReputationRep:
    I thought Queens College was Girls only? But I agree with you the people that are more down to earth far outweigh those that are arrogant and obsessed with their own wealth. Some of the rich people I know are just embarassed when their wealth comes up in conversation.
    Hehe think that those boys from Harrow were just trying to impress me :P
    Lol my dad calls people who brag about wealth 'ten bob millionaires', because on the main, the ones who brag cant back what they say up.

ReputationRep:
    Duno if your thinking of a different one? But the one im talking about is in Taunton in Somerset.

I had a mate who was embarased by his parents wealth n used to get dropped off round the corner so no one would see his parents car!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moog)
    Duno if your thinking of a different one? But the one im talking about is in Taunton in Somerset.

I had a mate who was embarased by his parents wealth n used to get dropped off round the corner so no one would see his parents car!
    Ahh no i am thinking about the one in London, off Oxford street. I know what you mean, it is so unfair that the people that are seen as being public School kids are the ones that are loud and arrogant in their wealth. It brings a bad name on us when there are so many nicer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelzland)
    What do Etonians look like when they are out and about? Do they dress just like the rest of us? Hmmmmm

Sxx
    the standard look for public school boys is untucked checked shirt, jumper, and faded jeans that are quite low slung. and hands in pockets as well. but they wear all kinds of stuff, just none of them dress like townies

there are alot of etonians at The Rock in Cornwall in the summer, as well as on the King's Road (nr Sloane Square) most of the time. so now u know where to hunt them up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    the standard look for public school boys is untucked checked shirt, jumper, and faded jeans that are quite low slung. and hands in pockets as well. but they wear all kinds of stuff, just none of them dress like townies

there are alot of etonians at The Rock in Cornwall in the summer, as well as on the King's Road (nr Sloane Square) most of the time. so now u know where to hunt them up!
    There are some public school 'trendies' which dress a bit like townies. These tend to be from the Essex set.

I have three tweed jackets for shooting. I'm so classy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moog)
    One of the boys at my school actually kicked my parents' car when it was parked on the road once (parents were at Parents evening or something) and said "Ha, look at this piece of crap!" He quietened down a bit when I said it was mine. Yes, it was crap, but what an arrogant prick :rolleyes: .

Joey - tweed jackets? Sexy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    One of the boys at my school actually kicked my parents' car when it was parked on the road once (parents were at Parents evening or something) and said "Ha, look at this piece of crap!" He quietened down a bit when I said it was mine. Yes, it was crap, but what an arrogant prick :rolleyes: .

Joey - tweed jackets? Sexy
    Damn straight. tweed jackets are cool as. My dad has a flat cap, I cant wait until I'm old enough to own such clothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    Damn straight. tweed jackets are cool as. My dad has a flat cap, I cant wait until I'm old enough to own such clothing
    I bet. The boys at my school had to wear some kind of hideous tweed jacket as their uniform. Highly amusing. But then our skirts were just as bad, if not worse :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    I bet. The boys at my school had to wear some kind of hideous tweed jacket as their uniform. Highly amusing. But then our skirts were just as bad, if not worse :rolleyes:
    Tweed shouldnt be for school unioform. They are 'sports jackets' for shooting and hunting etc.

ReputationRep:
    lol, these are very amusing posts. Do you reckon more people on this board are of public or state schooling?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2004
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.