The Student Room Group

Anxiety over exams

I have some exams and the content of the work is quite tricky.
Just looking at it makes me want to fall apart.
To anyone who has ever felt this way, how did you cope and what was the best technique?
I know I could barely eat or sleep and slave away at this until I get it, but I haven't felt like this since many years ago when I did my A Levels.

Any tips? Thanks
(edited 12 years ago)
I always get nervous before any kind of test or exam. The best way to deal with it is prepare prepare prepare! The worst feeling in the world is being nervous and knowing you're not prepared for the exam!
Reply 2
Original post by Jennie027
I always get nervous before any kind of test or exam. The best way to deal with it is prepare prepare prepare! The worst feeling in the world is being nervous and knowing you're not prepared for the exam!

Thanks. Just a small comment like that has helped.
It's exactly what I used to do even through uni. However, I've not had exams for a while and once there's a pause, I seem to have forgotten what it used to be like so it's all like new and 'woah' to me. :smile:
Original post by Pink Liquid
Thanks. Just a small comment like that has helped.
It's exactly what I used to do even through uni. However, I've not had exams for a while and once there's a pause, I seem to have forgotten what it used to be like so it's all like new and 'woah' to me. :smile:

You're welcome :smile:
Yeah, I can imagine they're daunting if you've not had them for a while. I'm sure you'll be fine though, preparation is the key! Take preparation one step at a time instead of looking at it at a whole and thinking negative thoughts e.g. I can't do this. Take small steps to get you where you want to be and think positively. Hope this helps, gives you some motivation and takes away some anxieties!
Reply 4
Exam panic is normal. Just try and resist it; break your revision up into manageable chunks and go over it steadily and it will soon all come together and start to make sense.

I had a glance at a sample exam paper we'd been given the other day, and I just found myself thinking 'I don't know any of this...' :s-smilie:. I started wondering if I'd somehow missed something somewhere, but once I got down to some revision it all started to come back to me and I realised it wasn't as tricky as it first looked.

The hardest bit for me is trying to ignore people talking about their revision outside of the exam room. Every time I find myself thinking it's like they were in entirely different lectures to me, and I've learnt all the wrong things, but it always turns out okay. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending