Turn on thread page Beta

Political newspapers watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kildare)
    I'm also a prospective historian by the way
    I know, or was that aimed at someone else? I am only waiting for Durham now, who seem to be taking their time!

ReputationRep:
    It's not that you're digging a hole it's just that I don't honestly know what you're trying to say. Why I would be more subjective when looking at a British issue (although its hardly a uniquely British issue to be fair) than a British person would be I don't really know...
    Ummm. Well, I just thought its all very well for you to disagree about only letting in 'genuine asylum seekers', when you are looking in on the 'problem' from Switzerland.

ReputationRep:
    I'm also a prospective historian by the way
    In the UK or mainland Europe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claire1985)
    Oops, well maybe i should do my research a bit better!!! I think i'll take the accountancy option without the UN, but i'd like to do a PhD first
    As one does...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammyd)
    In the UK or mainland Europe?
    UK.

ReputationRep:
    As one does...
    What do you want to do with your degree then?

ReputationRep:
    Ummm. Well, I just thought its all very well for you to disagree about only letting in 'genuine asylum seekers', when you are looking in on the 'problem' from Switzerland.
    I believe in the free movement of people across borders, be that in Britain, be that in Timbucktoo. The fact that I'm not British isn't relevant to my ideological outlook.

ReputationRep:
    UK.
    Ah right. Anywhere in particular?

ReputationRep:
    What do you want to do with your degree then?
    Use it as a front to play pro tennis

No but seriously, at the moment I'm interested in academia but well I'm still in school, it's impossible for me to know whether or not I possess the nessecary qualities for high level study. I'm also interested in journalism/broadcasting and UN/NGO work. At the moment, I'm just focused on enjoying the next three years of my life though.

ReputationRep:
    I believe in the free movement of people across borders, be that in Britain, be that in Timbucktoo. The fact that I'm not British isn't relevant to my ideological outlook.
    Thanks, thats interesting.

ReputationRep:
    Ah right. Anywhere in particular?
    If I meet my offer, Oxford.

ReputationRep:
    I know, or was that aimed at someone else? I am only waiting for Durham now, who seem to be taking their time!
    Durham, York, LSE. PAH :P

ReputationRep:
    Use it as a front to play pro tennis

No but seriously, at the moment I'm interested in academia but well I'm still in school, it's impossible for me to know whether or not I possess the nessecary qualities for high level study. I'm also interested in journalism/broadcasting and UN/NGO work. At the moment, I'm just focused on enjoying the next three years of my life though.
    Yeah same here really, i just have massive plans for the future and tend to look way in advance and plan things!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same here really, i just have massive plans for the future and tend to look way in advance and plan things!
    Well yea, who doesn't

ReputationRep:
    Durham, York, LSE. PAH :P
    I have york but i get the feeling they do them in batches, someone i met at RHUL had an offer in October-i think they probably deal with EU's with IB's later probs. Where u having as your back up?

ReputationRep:
    I have york but i get the feeling they do them in batches, someone i met at RHUL had an offer in October-i think they probably deal with EU's with IB's later probs. Where u having as your back up?
    Probably LSE if the feckers come through. If not I think I might go for History and Philo at Trinity, Dublin. I try not to think about it too much though :P.

ReputationRep:
    If I meet my offer, Oxford.
    Heading for the top. Good luck, is it 40 points for Oxford usually?

ReputationRep:
    Probably LSE if the feckers come through. If not I think I might go for History and Philo at Trinity, Dublin. I try not to think about it too much though :P.
    Yeah, i'm sure you'll meet your oxford one no hassle :-) I wish i'd applied to Oxbridge now, for the fun of the interview

ReputationRep:
    Heading for the top. Good luck, is it 40 points for Oxford usually?
    I think it depends. My offer is 40 (including bonus points-there are a maximum of 3) from Queen's. A friend of mine has a 38 (excluding bonus points) and with a 7 in History HL from Hilda's.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i'm sure you'll meet your oxford one no hassle :-) I wish i'd applied to Oxbridge now, for the fun of the interview
    The interviews themselves were good craic. The hanging around was a bit annoying though.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.