Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    how long does it take to cast a circle?

p.s, i heard that the 'weapon' of water is the cup... that's not really a weopen, specially next to the swoard for air, could u use your own weopens if u think they relate to the element?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryoku)

p.s, i heard that the 'weapon' of water is the cup... that's not really a weopen, specially next to the swoard for air, could u use your own weopens if u think they relate to the element?
    Are you asking me if you are I said I dabbled in it not wrote the book.

I was just getting started, you know, little things first but the three fold rule scares the hell out of me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Custard)

I was just getting started, you know, little things first but the three fold rule scares the hell out of me.
    it was general, but i was generally askin if i could use a different weapon instaed of the cup, like a staff. That's a cool weapon, can be used to carry water (balance a bucket of water on each end, and carry it over your sholders), good for attack and defence, looks cool.
    The three fold rule is very good, as everything does carry on, like at work, if you do something the wrong way, other people who have just started there pick it up, when they get caught, they blame you, and your in a hell of a lot of trouble

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryoku)
    it was general, but i was generally askin if i could use a different weapon instaed of the cup, like a staff. That's a cool weapon, can be used to carry water (balance a bucket of water on each end, and carry it over your sholders), good for attack and defence, looks cool.
    The three fold rule is very good, as everything does carry on, like at work, if you do something the wrong way, other people who have just started there pick it up, when they get caught, they blame you, and your in a hell of a lot of trouble

I told you...SCARY

Do a web search that is how I found out about everything...

ReputationRep:
    I told you...SCARY
    *shrugs* it's like making a wave in a tank of water, usually u get lots of secondary ripples, and as the ripples move further away from the sorce, they get bigger(bigger diameter)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryoku)

Er, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by a 'weapon.' It takes about 5 minutes to cast a circle, depending on how elaborate you make it. You need as the basic ingredients: 4 candles (like tealights), water, incense and salt (and obviously matches or a lighter). Some people use a bell to represent air (though I don't as I don't own one).

1. Get a compass and measure the directions (east, west, north, south) and place candles at these points in a circle, large enough so that you can fit in it. Light some incense or burn some oil in an oil burner (to represent air).
    2. Starting from the east and working clockwise, say something over each candle and then light it. For the east (which represents air), you could say 'I call upon the element of air. Wind and gales, spirit of air, join me in this circle.' Customise this for each element.
    3. After doing this for all the elements at the four corresponding candles, go to the middle of the circle and consecrate the salt and water. You could say, with your index finger in the salt: 'I purify this salt so that I may use it for my workings, so mote it be.' Put 3 portions of salt in the water and say: 'May this cleansing salt purify this water, so that I may use it for my workings. So mote it be.'
    4. Walk clockwise around the circle, sprinkling the salt water.
    5. Go to the middle of the circle and visualise blue energy rising from the quarter candles to meet in the middle above the circle. Say 'The circle is now cast. So mote it be.'

Remember, don't walk out of the circle or you will break it! And remember to close the circle when you are finished by walking anti-clockwise. At each candle, say something like 'thank you and farewell to the element of _____, I thank you for the powers of the (direction).' Then blow the candle out. After all say, 'the circle is now closed.'

I hope that you find that helpful and it hasn't confused you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evil Muffin)
    Er, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by a 'weapon.' It takes about 5 minutes to cast a circle, depending on how elaborate you make it. You need as the basic ingredients: 4 candles (like tealights), water, incense and salt (and obviously matches or a lighter). Some people use a bell to represent air (though I don't as I don't own one).

1. Get a compass and measure the directions (east, west, north, south) and place candles at these points in a circle, large enough so that you can fit in it. Light some incense or burn some oil in an oil burner (to represent air).
    2. Starting from the east and working clockwise, say something over each candle and then light it. For the east (which represents air), you could say 'I call upon the element of air. Wind and gales, spirit of air, join me in this circle.' Customise this for each element.
    3. After doing this for all the elements at the four corresponding candles, go to the middle of the circle and consecrate the salt and water. You could say, with your index finger in the salt: 'I purify this salt so that I may use it for my workings, so mote it be.' Put 3 portions of salt in the water and say: 'May this cleansing salt purify this water, so that I may use it for my workings. So mote it be.'
    4. Walk clockwise around the circle, sprinkling the salt water.
    5. Go to the middle of the circle and visualise blue energy rising from the quarter candles to meet in the middle above the circle. Say 'The circle is now cast. So mote it be.'

Remember, don't walk out of the circle or you will break it! And remember to close the circle when you are finished by walking anti-clockwise. At each candle, say something like 'thank you and farewell to the element of _____, I thank you for the powers of the (direction).' Then blow the candle out. After all say, 'the circle is now closed.'

I hope that you find that helpful and it hasn't confused you!
    yeah, kind of, i wanted to see if the way it says in my book is like how it is actually done. does it work for just 1 person on their own?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryoku)
    yeah, kind of, i wanted to see if the way it says in my book is like how it is actually done. does it work for just 1 person on their own?
    Yeah, I use that when I work on my own. Just increase the size of the circle for more people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryoku)
    Has anyone heard of it, what are your views on it, ect (basic reasearch)

wicca is an earth based religion, none that claim to be wiccan are likely to do harm as they mostly believe in the three fold law, which is what ever you do good or bad it is likely to be returned to you three times as good or three times as bad.

ReputationRep:
    i followed it vaguely for a while, nothin to write home about, its fun tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by {S}Scourge{S})
    i followed it vaguely for a while, nothin to write home about, its fun tho
    Why did you quit following the wiccan path

ReputationRep:

Why does the three fold rule scare the hell ou of you?? so long as you do only good only good can be sent your way!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jilly)
    Why does the three fold rule scare the hell ou of you?? so long as you do only good only good can be sent your way!!
    It depends whether the good is a matter of perception, or intent.
    Because either way, it is hard to say absolutely which it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jilly)
    Why did you quit following the wiccan path

I got bored, everything takes so much time and effort, its not worth what oyu get out of it at the end, but if you can find groups in the area it does take some of the strain of your soul, but that doesnt matter anymore coz i want to try bieng a vampire, now whered i leave that blood...

ReputationRep:
    isn't wicca all about mother nature and stuff like that, worshipping trees etc?

i don't think its particularly concerned with "the dark side" :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    its got nuthin to do with dark magic no, its just any type of magic exacts a price on you

ReputationRep:
    I used to be Wiccan from 12 to recently, and then i became a Sufi...
    Basically its a silly little cult thing you join when youre a tiny little kiddie, with nothing to do but be silly...its not really credible its all made up to lure vulnerable teenage girls to be part of their strange and mysterious cults...theyre also closely linked to Satanists even though most deny it. Its all about witchcraft, and ironically it takes 7 years to be a trained witch and for you to be able to all the 'magical' things they promise youd be able to do in the end. By that time the excitement would have waned and you would've grown up...I still have Wiccan and Satanist friends, I don’t personally have a problem with it, I just don’t associate myself with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    I used to be Wiccan from 12 to recently, and then i became a Sufi...
    Basically its a silly little cult thing you join when youre a tiny little kiddie, with nothing to do but be silly...its not really credible its all made up to lure vulnerable teenage girls to be part of their strange and mysterious cults...theyre also closely linked to Satanists even though most deny it. Its all about witchcraft, and ironically it takes 7 years to be a trained witch and for you to be able to all the 'magical' things they promise youd be able to do in the end. By that time the excitement would have waned and you would've grown up...I still have Wiccan and Satanist friends, I don’t personally have a problem with it, I just don’t associate myself with it.
    urm, the devil, satin and sin are all christian concepts, so to be a 'satanist' you'd have to be a christian. Anything worth while will take time, otherwise it's not worth while, cause everyone would have 'it'. They don't promis that you can do magik, it's more of an 'inner journy' to find yourself.
    Yay, i'm back, been a while though, had a lot to do (damb you games... I love you really... I love my games)

ReputationRep:
    This is very sad.

I really think that Wiccan and similar "religions" are for people with very empty lives trying to do something interesting and new. :rolleyes:

And I'll go back to it again. How many people are out there that categorically say they don't believe in God but will spend their free time reading Alistair Cowley's nonsense and prancing naked in a copse? Unfu*inbelievable!

I once new a committed agnostic. Never believed a damn thing about God or Jesus but all of a sudden was able to believe that rocks and trees and animals were possessed of spirits. Again, unfuc*inbelievable!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    This is very sad.

I really think that Wiccan and similar "religions" are for people with very empty lives trying to do something interesting and new. :rolleyes:

And I'll go back to it again. How many people are out there that categorically say they don't believe in God but will spend their free time reading Alistair Cowley's nonsense and prancing naked in a copse? Unfu*inbelievable!

I once new a committed agnostic. Never believed a damn thing about God or Jesus but all of a sudden was able to believe that rocks and trees and animals were possessed of spirits. Again, unfuc*inbelievable!
    I don't belive that rock ave 'spirits', but they do ave their own energy, and by what right to you evevate yourself over the other creatures that we share this planet with? If humans have a 'soul', than animals and plants must too. In wiccan, it's a personal experiance, so if your covern doesn't want to hald sabbats in the buff, it doesn't ave to, and usually won't in cold countries, as it's too cold!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 2, 2004
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.