The Student Room Group

Summer Analyst M&A at Lazard, Houlihan Lokey, Greenhill, Rothschild, Gleacher

Who else has appplied for summer analyst M&A positions at US boutiques such as Lazard http://www.lazard.com, Houlihan Lokey http://www.hl.com, Greenhill http://www.greenhill.com, Gleacher http://www.gleachershacklock.com or Rothschild http://www.rothschild.com/ in London? And has anyone heard back yet ? :redface:
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ibdprincess
Who else has appplied for summer analyst M&A positions at US boutiques such as Lazard, Houlihan Lokey, Greenhill, Gleacher or Rothschild in London? And has anyone heard back yet ? :redface:

i know for a fact that lazard reject candidates who fail the numerical straight away. So if you havn't heard back from them then that's a good sign:smile:
Reply 2
Got an interview with Gleacher later today. Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 3
RS sent out rejections 1-2 months ago for FT.
Greenhill and Lazard finished their ACs for FT. Lazard also finished off SA.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
Done my interview with Gleacher. Went ok accept for my normal incoherent way of talking. Really want that AC invite. Hazel is definitely one of the nicest interviewers
Reply 5
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Nyghtshade
Greenhill's done AC-ing already? Darn, I had a missed call from them a few days ago but HR's since gone on holiday...

Sorry, don't know why I wrote SA for Greenhill, I don't know what the timeline is for them but I do know that LAZ's SA slots were all full since last month already (heard from a friend who sent out his app 1 day before deadline that all their slots were full, at least for the AC I'm guessing).
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Euribor
RS sent out rejections 1-2 months ago for FT.
Greenhill and Lazard finished their ACs for SA and FT.

Bull****.

Greenhill are only just starting first round interviews this January. Talked to Cornell this week and they confirmed it.
Reply 8
I was in the 2nd AC for FT, I was under the impression that they only had 2 or are you, Industrious Orca, referring to SA because then please refer to my 2nd post.
Original post by Euribor
I was in the 2nd AC for FT, I was under the impression that they only had 2 or are you, Industrious Orca, referring to SA because then please refer to my 2nd post.

Yes, i was referring to SA; how was the process for FT?

Lazard is definitely correct; had my first round with them back in September so would have expected them to be done by Christmas, especially as they only take 12 in SA and FT each.
Reply 10
Original post by Bloodbath
Got an interview with Gleacher later today. Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Done! Good luck:wink:
Reply 11
Yes, that is what I heard yesterday about Greenhill as well. They are starting interviewing in January. Do no know about the rest though.
Reply 12
I think my phone interview with Gleacher went ok but I am not sure it was good enough since the standards are extremely high. It will be interesting to see if I got through but I won't hold my breath. Probably going to have to wait till the 3rd of January to find out as that is when most people go back to work

What kind of technicals would you expect a student doing an unrelated course to know?
Reply 13
Rothschild should be over by now for SA. I know they started quite soon this year and they started to send out offers at the end of October.
Do you know anything about Perella Weinberg? Is the SA recruitment over?
Original post by cruel3a
Rothschild should be over by now for SA. I know they started quite soon this year and they started to send out offers at the end of October.
Do you know anything about Perella Weinberg? Is the SA recruitment over?

Can confirm that Rothschild is done. PWP sent out first stages/rejections back in September or October, so i would imagine they are done too.
Reply 15
Original post by Bloodbath
I think my phone interview with Gleacher went ok but I am not sure it was good enough since the standards are extremely high. It will be interesting to see if I got through but I won't hold my breath. Probably going to have to wait till the 3rd of January to find out as that is when most people go back to work

What kind of technicals would you expect a student doing an unrelated course to know?

What you you mean with"unrelated course"? If I where you I would check all the methods of valuing a company and multiples. Also, check how valuation varies from industry to industry and type of company. investopedia.com is a good place to start
Reply 16
Original post by Industrious Orca
Can confirm that Rothschild is done. PWP sent out first stages/rejections back in September or October, so i would imagine they are done too.

Not sure about PWP. I have heard that they recruit on a rolling basis, so I guess they should still consider applications. Can someone confirm this, since I have not heard back yet. What about Evercore and Gleacher? Anyone heard back?
Reply 17
Original post by ibdprincess
What you you mean with"unrelated course"? If I where you I would check all the methods of valuing a company and multiples. Also, check how valuation varies from industry to industry and type of company. investopedia.com is a good place to start

unrelated= not finance

I already know about multiples (very easy concept) though I am a little unsure about all the details of a DCF valuation (ie not sure how the formula is derived)
Reply 18
Yes, DCF should be quite relevant to M&A interviews, but not sure how far they go with the technical part. At least that's what I've been told about interviews at boutiques. But I am sure there are quite a number of good books out there which should help.
Reply 19
Okay so here's the current update to the best of my knowledge:

PWP recruitment is very nearly over, I got to the intermediate round stages back in early November and they said they probably weren't gonna take on more than a couple of people.
Greenhill's first round is being done by Cornell, not really much scope left for sending in applications but Cornell are handling 1st round interviews out of their Cannon street offices til mid-late Jan before sending out AC invites, something I'm still waiting on.
Lazard is seriously over, I was the last person that got through to 1st round (and I didn't get any further) and by that point they were pretty much full up anyways.
Houlihan Lokey I have not heard back from but know some people have done 1st rounds with them.
I have a Gleacher phone interview on Wednesday morning and am fairly certain they run 48 of those (til about mid Jan as well) before sending out AC invites.
And RS is full, they sent out en-masse rejections just over a week ago.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending