Dont want to go back after xmas holidays.

Watch
This discussion is closed.
natalieann1993
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Is anyone else feeling like they dont really want to go back to uni after the holidays end?

Ive been working full time, catching up with my mates, and am really enjoying myself and feeling happier than i have in the past 3 months.

Although ive enjoyed my first term and made friends, i do slightly regret my choice and am really enjoying being back in the city after being bored for 3 months.

is this normal with your first long term home visit?
im really dreading going back in 2 weeks time.
ieatcheeseyo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Not University..

But I haven't been to AS Lessons in one week...
I just have no intention to study ( I have been though)
Spending time with everyone at home, in one week most cousins/uncles will be back of to Uni/Work going to be so different :L
Nymthae
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
On the contrary, I can't wait to go back. I've done no work since coming home, which might be a problem given my exams in January. Just prefer to get on with stuff, go to the gym and do as I wish really, meh.
NWA
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
All im gunna miss at home is having my mum do EVERYTHING for me and going out with my mates. Other then that can't wait to go back!
Chapeau Rouge
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
This is a typical feeling, most first years who drop out do it after Christmas. From the sounds of it you may be taking a while to get settled in, don't worry it will likely happen soon enough
natalieann1993
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chapeau Rouge)
This is a typical feeling, most first years who drop out do it after Christmas. From the sounds of it you may be taking a while to get settled in, don't worry it will likely happen soon enough
i felt settled in though, until i came home.

Now i really dont want to go back!
Rather just carry on working really.
crocker710
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by natalieann1993)
Is anyone else feeling like they dont really want to go back to uni after the holidays end?

Ive been working full time, catching up with my mates, and am really enjoying myself and feeling happier than i have in the past 3 months.

Although ive enjoyed my first term and made friends, i do slightly regret my choice and am really enjoying being back in the city after being bored for 3 months.

which uni are you at?
RainPours
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by natalieann1993)

That is completely normal
Do you have the option to live at home?
Ayshizzle
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah I do. Not been massively happy at uni and love being at home, seeing friends, playing with my cats

I would never drop out as I've worked really hard to get to this place but it is a bit of a bummer.

What uni are you at and what are you studying? If you've got a decent job and don't think you'd be happy returning to uni it might be worth rethinking uni?
natalieann1993
Rep:
?
Im down in Falmouth south west.
i had some trouble settling at the start, and consider a 2nd year transfer.
but im so happy being at home, earning money.
im thinking maybe i should just drop out and re apply for 2012 but do it properly?
flowermaster91
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
nahhh i dont either man tbh, ie had fun catching up with school mates too and having some 'me' time :moon: plus when im at home my diet is more controlled
Philosoraptor
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hmmm I can't wait to go back - I really want to see new conditions and patients haha - but I guess that's different - I also live at home at the moment anyway...

What is it precisely that you think is better - is it friends back home?
natalieann1993
Rep:
?
i think its that where im at uni is really small and more relaxed and slower, which is nice and can get boring.
My uni friends are awesome! just like my friends back here, but there isn't much to do.
guess im just missing the busier life style and now im living it again, i dont want to leave it!
lordharvey
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If I were you, I would give it another term so that you're sure. But on the other hand, you won't be able to reapply for 2012 entry unless you decide pretty soon. Unless you're doing a certain type of art course, you might only have until mid-January to decide. Hope you make the right choice.
r.hackett
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No. I love my family but I couldn't bare anymore than a short stay with them. I much prefer my place in Nottingham.
blondie1234
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I feel exactly the same. I go back after new year but sooner than everyone else which is already getting me down.

I woke up this morning and couldn't get back to sleep as I was thinking about how much I didn't want to go back to the house and people I'm living with at University.

Feeling really down because of it and I do have alot of moments like this but I feel helpless and I can't really avoid it.
ilovebagels
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I know how you feel.

I settled in well at uni with regards to making friends- I've found a group I get on with really well, and I love my halls, and I've even put down a deposit for a house next year.

But academically, it just isn't right. I've got no motivation to do work, I can't concentrate on revision. I thought it would get better after the first lot of deadlines- that doing some actual work would remind me why I'd chosen to go to university in the first place, but it hasn't. And I feel even worse now I've come home. I miss what I had on my gap year- a job, with no studying to do outside of it.

I don't know what to do :/ has anyone else been in a similar situation?
natalieann1993
Rep:
?
Its not just that, theres just not much to do in Falmouth, which is a reoccuring problem.
Everyone seems to use drugs to keep themselves occupied and although i like drugs occasionally i seem to be doing it more often now, and im getting to the point where im hating the person who im becoming.

i broke down to my mum today and told her everything, so shes being pretty supportive, looking at transferring for my 2nd year, even starting emailing uni's.
im hoping when i get back down there ill feel happy and relaxed,
but im honestly dreading the thought of it right now.
Wise_Woolly_Jumper
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't want to leave my bed!
Sapphire33
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i go to sixth form, and i understand exactly how you're feeling. the thought of having to go back to dreary reality of school, teachers, stress isnt really appealing after spending the past couple of weeks sleeping in until 2pm, stuffing your face and spending time with your friends and family. but once you're back into the swing of things at uni, you'll get back to the normal routine
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (388)
56.64%
I don't have everything I need (297)
43.36%

Watched Threads