How many calories are absorbed if you end up vomming some of the food out?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
cowsforsale
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Question is in the title, cheers .
LiamSP
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
regretting christmas dinner?
TheCurlyHairedDude
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If you can tell me how this bears any relevance to anyone life, I will answer it.

Stupid question as well.
neurodude
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by cowsforsale)
Depends on how long the food's been in your gut and what the calories are coming from.
cowsforsale
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by LiamSP)
regretting christmas dinner?
Yup.
abc:)
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Literally depends on how much you vomit, and how long it is after you ate it. If you look at the vomit and there is loads of it and it looks pretty chunky / whole then you know you haven't absorbed many calories. If there's more bile than substance, you know you have absorbed them because the food has passed through your stomach.

Sounds gross but you asked

To be more clear - if it's loads of vomit, just after you've eaten, this is when least calories will have been absorbed. Less vomit, longer after having eaten = more calories absorbed

Edit - Oh and don't go down the purging route, it is a slippery slope and is very very bad for you
LiterallyInsane
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Why eat if you are going to vomit it out later on ?

Why not just eat and stop worrying about calories !!!!
Sadsnail
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Eating disorder?
NaturalAndReal
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Nutritionists say that it's impossible to throw up more than around 300 calories. Personally I think this is bull**** they made up to deter potential/actual bulimics.
gabjam
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Do some basic nutrition research.

Don't get hung up on calories. You need the macronutrients and bringing them back up deprives you of them.
HJV
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Physicists say that you can't gain 2kg of weight from 1kg of food, so a single dinner - no matter how big - isn't going to make any notable difference to someone's weight.
Id and Ego seek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yup.
lol, can't tell if serious.
gabjam
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If you eat properly and healthily, you will have no need to bring anything back up. The only decent way to lose wight is to eat well and exercise properly.

I will stop posting here because I know I will get way too aggressively opinionated about people doing this to themselves.
Anonymous #1
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by NaturalAndReal)
Nutritionists say that it's impossible to throw up more than around 300 calories. Personally I think this is bull**** they made up to deter potential/actual bulimics.
I agree, I reached a BMI of 14 from purging everything.

DO NOT DO IT. I nearly died, I felt like **** and nearly lost the people I love and my degree.

My bmi is 16, not perfect and I still purge a lot but I am on the slow path to recovery and already feel better

For me that one time turned into once a month, once a week, once a day, several times a day...everytime I ate.

Its easier than you think to slip into the dark pit that is an Eating disorder but its hard as ****ery to get out again.
Anonymous #2
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I agree, I reached a BMI of 14 from purging everything.

DO NOT DO IT. I nearly died, I felt like **** and nearly lost the people I love and my degree.

My bmi is 16, not perfect and I still purge a lot but I am on the slow path to recovery and already feel better

For me that one time turned into once a month, once a week, once a day, several times a day...everytime I ate.

Its easier than you think to slip into the dark pit that is an Eating disorder but its hard as ****ery to get out again.
Wow, you sound a lot like me.

I have been bulimic for 10 years. At first it just seemed like an easy way to lose weight. I never believed the people who said it would **** up my life and I would get addicted. Boy was I wrong. It has ****ed up my life so badly. My relationships with family, friends, boyfriends. Nearly failed medical school. I'm just about hanging in and am physically better (no longer underweight, in fact a little chubby) but still can't stop vomiting.

:'(

Don't do it, OP.
Anonymous #3
Report 9 years ago
How often do the purges have to occur for someone to be classed as bulimiac?

I've involuntarily vomited 3 times in the last 3 days? Is that worrying?
Anonymous #3
Report 9 years ago
Also, what's the difference between GERD and bulimia?
Simplicity
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
How often do the purges have to occur for someone to be classed as bulimiac?

I've involuntarily vomited 3 times in the last 3 days? Is that worrying?
Depends. However, please stop that.

Bulimia kills people and it will rot of your teeth.
khadijaaaxxxx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by kylemacritchue)
Why do anything. An illness is an illness. when it comes to purging food its exactly the same as any other disease. Ignorant answer.
this thread is nine years old...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (120)
27.15%
England (158)
35.75%
Belgium (33)
7.47%
Germany (43)
9.73%
Spain (10)
2.26%
Italy (38)
8.6%
Netherlands (14)
3.17%
Other (Tell us who) (26)
5.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise