Can't control my laughter... Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I don't know if others have the same problem, and I know maybe I should be grateful it's laughter and not crying, but I just seem to laugh at stuff so easily, and once I start laughing, I can't control myself.
The other day at a party, some friends were making funny comments and I was actually in tears of laughter, and some people were looking at me like I was crazy. Sometimes I will laugh in appropriate situations, or I will think of something funny that's happened in the past and I will start laughing.
I'm also really ticklish; there have been times when i'm having sex and if I am touched in a ticklish place, i'll start laughing and then that'll be it.
I just seem to laugh my head off at things and can't control it, and I also find myself sometimes nervously laughing if I don't know how to respond to a situation. It's just embarrassing and inappropriate in some situations, and i'd love to know if there is a way to control it, or if anybody else is the same?
chickenonsteroids
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I dunno how to stop it but my friend is in the same situation lol

She laughs at anything. We were in english and she would laugh for about 10 minutes because a poem in talking about sex or something...

It gets even more awkward when we're in assembly and it's silent then she just starts laughing :facepalm2:
Tall Man Green
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have the same problem and it mainly happens at work. I'll be serving a customer at the till and something will make me laugh so hard that I can't even hand them the receipt, and the customer thinks I'm laughing at them. One way I find helps stop it is to hold your breath (lol) and count to 10 in your head whilst multitasking with whatever you're trying to do.

Good luck :L
imy7
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
put the alcohol down.
dada55
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I bite my cheeks as hard as possible when I don't want to laugh, suprisingly it doesn't hurt much and usually works. Though there is the problem if you are laughing so hard you can't even think of doing it.
Hogwartz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Think about something serious.
Such as someones death.
If that doesn't shut you up, you are surely evil.
Ophelie_m
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm exactly the same. I don't mind it myself but other people often take it the wrong way. When someone gets angry at me I sometimes can't help laughing. It happened with my uni tutor and my manager at work which made the situation much worse and me finding it even funnier

Try concentrating on something completly unrelated, that's what I find works best. Good luck.
Anonymous #1
Thank you for the advice
SirRamAlot
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
think about getting raped by the spotty pus guy in harold and kumar
Deziah
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm the same. My mind forces me to think of really funny things that have happened when it's really quiet and serious. I don't mind, I think that laughter shows a sign of happiness.
Anonymous #1
myself24
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Oh ****, yes. I got into so much **** today with the deputy head for laughing when a teacher got knocked down and got injured. Then i had to go to some isolation room, and when i went to the deputy head to ask her if i could go back to class, she started talking about how i should control my laughter and it's not polite to laugh at these situations. In that exact moment, when she wasn't saying that I shouldn't laugh, guess what? I started laughing again, and now she thinks i have mental issues and wants to get me a therapist.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (97)
14.85%
Yes - a food allergy (71)
10.87%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (16)
2.45%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (18)
2.76%
No (451)
69.07%

Watched Threads