Report Thread starter 8 years ago
uyfuffu
Last edited by Yaya_abukar; 1 year ago
username225218
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
NUS numbers become associated with ASOS accounts. For someone to give you their code, would mean they would never be able to use the discount themselves as it would become permanently associated with your account. Similarly, it may already be associated with their own account so would not work for yours.

You also may find that the code will not work because you are buying sale items, and the code can only be used with one promotion at a time.
Cll_ws
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
just try random sequences of numbers, it's what I do and it works usually. It does on sites like Topman.

Put about seven 0's at the start I think it is, then fill the rest with other numbers. I can't remember how long an NUS number is? but if you find out then you'll know how many numbers to add to the 0's!

EDIT: it's 14 numbers. So seven 0's and seven other numbers!
ironandwine
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Pretty sure our discounts don't work with sale items, but, you know...
Cll_ws
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ironandwine)
Pretty sure our discounts don't work with sale items, but, you know...

I don't think student discount is one of the things that stops working is it?
Only discount codes and stuff like that

You can still use student discount in most shops on the high street during sales.
Or do you know that you can't use it on Asos? the way you said 'our' sounds like you're an employee so perhaps you do know?
username225218
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Cll_ws)
I don't think student discount is one of the things that stops working is it?
Only discount codes and stuff like that

You can still use student discount in most shops on the high street during sales.
Or do you know that you can't use it on Asos? the way you said 'our' sounds like you're an employee so perhaps you do know?
I couldn't use my discount online for Dorothy Perkins yesterday, so they are being stopped in some places.

I've just gone through the process of putting my number in with a sale item, and the discount on ASOS is still working (10%), but as I said in my initial post, codes are associated with individual accounts making it a bit more difficult.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (594)
34.06%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (723)
41.46%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (348)
19.95%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.53%

Watched Threads