She started crying when we kissed - why?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
A girl I like is back from Uni this Christmas - Before she went off to uni we got really close, and every time we were out, we both showed signs of interested. Lots of kissing, holding hands etc. Many "nights out" ended with us two together on our own.

She then went off to Uni and I've missed her alot, but I assumed that maybe she had moved on and found someone else, which has made me feel really depressed. Anyway, cut to recently, last week we (my friends and her) all went on a night out, and again, we ended up kissing etc. She then started to get upset like she was going to cry. I kept asking her what was up etc, and she didn't really say much but just said something along the lines of "I've just really missed you".

Howcome she got upset? What should I do next?

BTW I regret not asking her out at the time before she went for uni. I just lack self-confidence.
Anonymous #2
Report 9 years ago
Maybe she thought she really liked you before, then met someone at Uni (which she may not have mentioned) but stilll had strong feelings for you then when she's back she doesn't know who to choose? Just one idea. Or maybe she really did miss you and being back with you is like coming home?
alsef91
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It appears you may both have had similar feelings. At uni it can be hard because there are obviously going to be members of the opposite sex. She may have got upset because it must have been difficult to be away from you/ she was confused as to what you're intentions were. But, it would seem as if she's been thinking about you. Why not go for a casual meal together and see if it comes up and try and talk about it. If you really want her, tell her i'd say. At least discuss it over a bit.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by alsef91)
It appears you may both have had similar feelings. At uni it can be hard because there are obviously going to be members of the opposite sex. She may have got upset because it must have been difficult to be away from you/ she was confused as to what you're intentions were. But, it would seem as if she's been thinking about you. Why not go for a casual meal together and see if it comes up and try and talk about it. If you really want her, tell her i'd say. At least discuss it over a bit.
Thanks for the replies. I'm hoping it doesn't relate to someone else at uni, but that could be a possibility
Anonymous #1
Anyone else have any ideas?
Yawn11
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Maybe you're a really bad kisser.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Yawn11)
Maybe you're a really bad kisser.
You're funny, man.
Mr Advice
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Since she said she misses you, I'm inclined to say that she most probably likes you and felt really emotional when around you, which culminated with the kiss you two shared. I would doubt she would act in such a way had there been someone else - being stand-offish is appropriate in such a case.

You ought to take the initiative and ask her out. If not, at least raise the issue with her.
hollywoodbudgie
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've done this before. It wasn't from sadness, she was releasing all the sadness she had before from missing you.
You must mean a lot to her. Don't be an idiot.
HP15
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
A girl I like is back from Uni this Christmas - Before she went off to uni we got really close, and every time we were out, we both showed signs of interested. Lots of kissing, holding hands etc. Many "nights out" ended with us two together on our own.

She then went off to Uni and I've missed her alot, but I assumed that maybe she had moved on and found someone else, which has made me feel really depressed. Anyway, cut to recently, last week we (my friends and her) all went on a night out, and again, we ended up kissing etc. She then started to get upset like she was going to cry. I kept asking her what was up etc, and she didn't really say much but just said something along the lines of "I've just really missed you".
How many hints does it take for your ignorant ass to see she wants you to ask her out???

:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Sweet_Heart
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Maybe she thought she really liked you before, then met someone at Uni (which she may not have mentioned) but stilll had strong feelings for you then when she's back she doesn't know who to choose? Just one idea. Or maybe she really did miss you and being back with you is like coming home?
I'm sorry but my money's on this. She really likes you but she's met someone at Uni and now is torn between the two. The best way to find out is by asking her out and hoping that the tears were because she genuinely has missed you, and nothing else.
TruetoMyself
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I guarantee you OP, alcohol was a contributory factor in her crying. She did miss you+alcohol=crying after a kiss.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by hollywoodbudgie)
I've done this before. It wasn't from sadness, she was releasing all the sadness she had before from missing you.
You must mean a lot to her. Don't be an idiot.
Straight up ask her out? I've never liked a girl so much. I think about her everyday, for almost a year. The thought of her with someone else kills me. I don't think she would say yes if I asked her out though. But you think she likes me a lot too? Like i said, i have very low confidence (which results in me thinking she doesn't like me). Sorry i know it sounds stupid. She is back for a few weeks - I need to just tell her exactly how I feel?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Sweet_Heart)
I'm sorry but my money's on this. She really likes you but she's met someone at Uni and now is torn between the two. The best way to find out is by asking her out and hoping that the tears were because she genuinely has missed you, and nothing else.
I have seen pictures of her with someone else which looked like she liked him When she was at uni i would often recieve messages from her when she was out drinking saying she "misses me" and "cant stop thinking of me". But then the last few weeks prior to her coming home from xmas, she seemed a bit "off" with me...which is why i didnt want to build my hopes up for when she returns.

Then the first night I've seen her in months, we kissed etc etc. You think she likes me? sorry I have no experience in this. What exactly should I do next? its killing me.
abc101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If I was a dude and a girl cried when kissing me I'd be delighted - mate, it means she really, really likes you, in my opinion! She's liked and missed you all this time, and you finally kissed, all the emotion came out - it's a good sign!
Sweet_Heart
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have seen pictures of her with someone else which looked like she liked him When she was at uni i would often recieve messages from her when she was out drinking saying she "misses me" and "cant stop thinking of me". But then the last few weeks prior to her coming home from xmas, she seemed a bit "off" with me...which is why i didnt want to build my hopes up for when she returns.

Then the first night I've seen her in months, we kissed etc etc. You think she likes me? sorry I have no experience in this. What exactly should I do next? its killing me.
Oh yes I definitely think she likes you - she wouldn't have cried like that if she didn't! I think the problem is that there might be something else going on between her and this other guy

I think that whatever the circumstances, whether she's having to choose between you, or whether the tears were about really missing you, or whatever, you should ask her on a date. It's the only way of getting to the bottom of how exactly she feels, and if she is stuck between the two then it will force her into a decision. Honestly, I don't think she'll say no, so you don't need to worry about rejection, the only thing you might want to be aware of is a confession. Just remember that it is better to know than not to, and you'd always regret it if you don't ask her out. (Also, remember that this is worst case scenario, you might not have anything to worry about!) I hope it works out for you
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Sweet_Heart)
Oh yes I definitely think she likes you - she wouldn't have cried like that if she didn't! I think the problem is that there might be something else going on between her and this other guy

I think that whatever the circumstances, whether she's having to choose between you, or whether the tears were about really missing you, or whatever, you should ask her on a date. It's the only way of getting to the bottom of how exactly she feels, and if she is stuck between the two then it will force her into a decision. Honestly, I don't think she'll say no, so you don't need to worry about rejection, the only thing you might want to be aware of is a confession. Just remember that it is better to know than not to, and you'd always regret it if you don't ask her out. (Also, remember that this is worst case scenario, you might not have anything to worry about!) I hope it works out for you
There was a picture about a month ago, on facebook, of what looked like her kissing that guy which she quickly untagged. That felt horrible :\

She is coming out again soon so I just need to tell her exactly how I feel about her. Would it be ok to ask why she got upset? Or best to just leave it?

Thanks for responding by the way. Always helps talking about it, even if it was some random forum lol!
Dinosaurus_Rex
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yes. You should definately ask her, or else you would never know what's going on!
Mm_Minty
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm sorry, but this reminds me too much of when Cho starts crying when she kisses Harry. :rofl:
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Maybe you were stood on her foot?

In all fairness, I think I'd go with the 'torn between two guys' theory.

TALK TO HER! Meet up for a coffee / casual meal / couple of pints at the pub, and go from there.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (191)
57.88%
I don't have everything I need (139)
42.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise