The Student Room Group

TSR Medicine Forum London Meet!!! April 14th-15th (or Weekdays)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
:mmm: Sounds like a lot of fun for the non drinkers :p:
Reply 101
Original post by Revent
:mmm: Sounds like a lot of fun for the non drinkers :p:

We need to prepare you for freshers week and more importantly, MedSoc. :yep:
Reply 102
Original post by Vulpes
We need to prepare you for freshers week and more importantly, MedSoc. :yep:

:laugh: How come?

Spoiler

Reply 103
Original post by Revent
:laugh: How come?

Spoiler

E.g. Sheffield Medsoc

DRINK MEDSOC DRY

MedSoc’s messiest event of the year! We buy over £1200 of alcohol and mixers and make some great cocktails (both alcoholic and nonalcoholic) and it’s a race against time to see how long it takes for you guys to drink it all (responsible drinking IS encouraged!).

Just to give you an idea of how much there is to see off; last year the equivalent of 14 cement-mixers full of cocktails were drunk in 1 hour, 36 minutes and 50 seconds! As always we have entertainment, games, and challenges going on all night.
Reply 104
Original post by Vulpes
E.g. Sheffield Medsoc

DRINK MEDSOC DRY

MedSoc’s messiest event of the year! We buy over £1200 of alcohol and mixers and make some great cocktails (both alcoholic and nonalcoholic) and it’s a race against time to see how long it takes for you guys to drink it all (responsible drinking IS encouraged!).

Just to give you an idea of how much there is to see off; last year the equivalent of 14 cement-mixers full of cocktails were drunk in 1 hour, 36 minutes and 50 seconds! As always we have entertainment, games, and challenges going on all night.

:eek: That's insane! I don't drink at all so this sounds like it's going to be quite tough for me to adjust and fit in :p:
Reply 105
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Ah well you might give me a run for my money then :colone:

Idea involving bowling AND drinking

Rules (subject to variation):
Everytime you take a bowl, you imbibe one shot (we'll say of beer/lager/guinness etc - long night to be planned)
If you get a spare, you take another shot
If you get a strike, EVERYONE takes one shot and you take 2 shots

Each player must have a full pint near them at all times, if the player is considered to be celebrating winning/bragging too much, then a player may challenge this and accuse the player of said overzealousness. Should a number (to be decided when numbers are confirmed) of players agree, then the accused must hang there head in shame and imbibe one full beverage. If, however, the notion is not agreed with, then the accuser must imbibe their own beverage, and apologise to the accused.

At the end of the game, the player with the lowest score must imbibe a full beverage to a song of their choice. The winner may select another player to join the loser in their imbibing, though only half a beverage is necessary.

Usual rules of 'deal or no deal' and 'God save the queen' will apply.

What do people think? :colone:

You two might be interested in this thread?
Aware that you can't bowl in the foreseeable future 'moisty'

Good idea. We can also have a game of ring of fire for those not having their go at the time. That way we get the most drinking going on :P Although with all of that, I'll be too drunk to see the bowling pins...
Reply 106
Original post by Vulpes
E.g. Sheffield Medsoc

DRINK MEDSOC DRY

Weren't you guys on the news.
Reply 107
Original post by Besakt
Weren't you guys on the news.

Nope. That was another event by the union :tongue:

Sheffield All-Day Drinking Event right?
Reply 108
Original post by Vulpes
Nope. That was another event by the union :tongue:

Sheffield All-Day Drinking Event right?

Yup.
Reply 109
Original post by Besakt
Yup.

Wasn't there :h:

I was watching Immortals in the city that night haha.
Reply 110
Original post by Vulpes

Put me down on the interested list (not London). Depends if I can afford train costs as I'm from up north but I'll see closer to the time.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 111
Original post by Vulpes

All DAY drinking event :mmm: You were out at night... :holmes:
Reply 112
Original post by Besakt
Put me down on the interested list (not London). Depends if I can afford train costs as I'm from up north but I'll see closer to the time.

Done :yep:

Original post by Revent
All DAY drinking event :mmm: You were out at night... :holmes:

:shh:

Lol .Well I was out till 4am the night before clubbing. So I didn't wake up till like 1-ish. Went for 3 afternoon lectures (2-5pm) and was too sleepy to join the event. :tongue:
Original post by Vulpes
E.g. Sheffield Medsoc

DRINK MEDSOC DRY

I want to organise a London contingent to come gatecrash this.
Reply 114
How does 7th(Sat) & 8th (Sun) of April sound to everyone?
Original post by Vulpes
How does 7th(Sat) & 8th (Sun) of April sound to everyone?

Not good for me!

That's easter weekend so I'll be at home with the family most likely.

If it works for everyone else though then I don't mind sitting this one out :redface:
As Democracy said, I'm definitely up for this. London is good for me. Just depends on whether I'm in the country at the time which is questionable.
Reply 117
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
x

New Poll please? :colondollar:

Event dates?
- March 31st + April 1st
- April 7th + 8th
- April 14th + 15th
- Weekdays instead

:smile:
Reply 118
Hopefully 14th and 15th for me :smile: