One of my closest friends is having a party and hasnt invited me

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
As per the title, someone I've been friends with literally all my life, and who'd I'd regard as one of my closest friends hasn't invited me to a house party she is having. I saw her yesterday and we got on as well as usual so she isn't 'off' with me or anything. So I genuinally don't know why I wasn't invited and I'm pretty gutted tbh. Anyone know how I could diplomatically mention my hurt at not being invited? I still want us to remain friends.
grape:)
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If I was that close to her then I'd just put it plainly 'how come I'm not invited?'... as a close friend she should give you an honest answer :dontknow:
d_aan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Maybe drop her a text subtly asking her what she's up to?
Computerised
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by grape:))
If I was that close to her then I'd just put it plainly 'how come I'm not invited?'... as a close friend she should give you an honest answer :dontknow:
This

If it's an acquaintance or casual friend then it would be a bit weird and clingy to ask directly why you weren't invited, but if it's a supposed close friend then there is no problem in doing that.
scotland369
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by d_aan)
Maybe drop her a text subtly asking her what she's up to?
This. Something like: "hey babes, whatcha doing *insert day of party*?" If she lies then confront the *****.
crocker710
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
maybe she completely forgot or didn't think she needed to ask you directly and expects you to know you're invited?
Octohedral
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I would let it go, but if you do confront her, be straight.
indie94
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My ex-best friend didn't invite me and her other best-friend to her 18th birthday party. Instead she chose to invite other friends and not the two best-friends she'd grown up with and had always been with. I confronted her about it and it turned into a big argument in our college common room... classy I know... But 3 months later and we're still not talking. Which is for the first time in 15 years. So be careful when you confront your friend...
inksplodge
  • CV Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
just ask why youre not invited. its my 21st tomorrow and my supposed best friends are not coming to my birthday meal or the gathering i arranged for after... you just gotta live with it really
Joanna-Marie :)
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
She might have just forgotten to invite you or expect you to come without the need for an invite? My mates having a house party for New Year and didn't invite me but text me asking what time I'll be getting there :party:
SweetsAndSugar
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Perhaps she doesn't consider you as close a friend as she is to you? I'm sorry it sounds blunt, but sometimes that's what happens. :hugs:
As someone above suggested, ask if she's doing anything that day, and then confront her. Try not to come across too defensive though, but realise you probably shouldn't consider her a 'close' friend anymore, but more of a casual friend / aquaintance.
Alt__x
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If I were you I would ask a few other close friends if she had mentioned to them why you hadn't been invited?
StartSomething
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
She's probably just forgotten. Or maybe because you're such close friends she assumed you'd be going anyway.

If I were you I'd say as a joke "so I'm not invited to this house party then?"

Or if you don't want to do that. Then ask her out on the night that the party is, and if she has just simply forgotten then of course she'll remember.
VickyDoodle
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
A friend of mine has done that, on the basis that my ex boyfriend was there (who I'm on good terms with) and 'didn't want it to be awkward'. He later apologised profusely..but it still hurts. ><

Get fun plans for that night and forget about it. ^^
Anonymous #1
Thanks for the advice guys- she definitley hasn't just assumed I'm coming, cos she's created an event on facebook (its private so I can't see it, but her and her other friends were talking about it).

I do like the 'so im not invited to your party' suggestion, cos that doesn't sound too bad.
Anonymous #1
Also I should add, she's never left me out of anything like this before.
Kiss
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
As per the title, someone I've been friends with literally all my life, and who'd I'd regard as one of my closest friends hasn't invited me to a house party she is having. I saw her yesterday and we got on as well as usual so she isn't 'off' with me or anything. So I genuinally don't know why I wasn't invited and I'm pretty gutted tbh. Anyone know how I could diplomatically mention my hurt at not being invited? I still want us to remain friends.
I might be very optimistic in saying it could be a surprise house party for you??? Maybe you should text her/message her on FB about it. How did you find out anyway?
Superlogon
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just ask her casual, not like its hurt you, but say 'so am i not invited this one?'. If she kicks off or things you're creepy for asking, she wasn't the close friend you though she was, or is now anyway.
Lonxx500
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
cough it up you must have done something to her
plimsolls
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
she seems quite naive? Inviting everyone in your social circle and expecting you not to find out. It all sounds very strange.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.67%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.19%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.19%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.76%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (56)
26.67%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise