The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous

Thanks for the advice guys- she definitley hasn't just assumed I'm coming, cos she's created an event on facebook (its private so I can't see it, but her and her other friends were talking about it).

I do like the 'so im not invited to your party' suggestion, cos that doesn't sound too bad.

Definitely just ask... I've had both possible responses in the past, one from my best friend was a 'I could've sworn I asked you to come over early and help, sorry!' and the other from a former friend was a... you can probably guess, resulted in an argument, we are no longer friends.

Good luck, keep us posted!
Yeah, well, they're probably gay.

Don't worry about it OP.
I always assume my best friends just know they are invited and all the details are pretty much the same everytime. Just ask her, if she didn't want to invite you it will be obvious. It's better that then working it up in your head when you may just be on the wrong end of the stick.
I think you just have to be straight up with her about it, I'm terrible for pussy-footing around these kind of issues because I don't want to cause a confrontation, but I think it's fair enough to ask and if you're direct, then she has to give you an answer!
Reply 24
If it's on Facebook it possible she just didn't click on you when adding people to the event. I've accidentally missed people off lists before and then had be all like 'OOOPPSSSYY sorry.'
That's quite odd.

If it were me, I would ask her/him because that person is a close friend of mine

However, if i didn't know the person that well, i wouldn't bother

Like i said, i would bother in your case and perhaps tell her/give a big hint
Re: One of my closest friends is having a party and hasnt invited me.

Well then she isn't one of your "closest friends" then.
Perhaps she just assumes you know you're invited? Or she thought she'd mentioned it?
I'd just ask her, straight up, "Where's my invite?" :hmmm:
Reply 28
Been in your situation before... kept it quiet hoped there was some specific reason but it just kept happening till I had enough, never said anything to her but as it was obvious she didn´t really want to be my friends, well she did till someone better came along, basically when it was convient to her sooo I stopped hanging out with her and got new friends and now im so much happier, instead of beind insecure and worrying why she didnt invite me this time :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by Kiss
I might be very optimistic in saying it could be a surprise house party for you??? Maybe you should text her/message her on FB about it. How did you find out anyway?

It's definitley not a suprise house party for me, its just cos she has a flat now, with no parents to tell her off. I found out about it cos last week at the pub (we go to this pub every week) she was saying she wanted to have one, and then this week she was talking about it to everyone that was there, and then just me as well when I asked about who was invited.
Reply 30
I don't like all these suggested games like trying to ask her what shes doing or asking other people. If she is a good friend just ask her straight out, not in a bitchy way but just "hey what's the deal with me not being invited?". Might not even be deliberate.
Reply 31
It's definitley not a suprise house party for me, its just cos she has a flat now, with no parents to tell her off. I found out about it cos last week at the pub (we go to this pub every week) she was saying she wanted to have one, and then this week she was talking about it to everyone that was there, and then just me as well when I asked about who was invited.

If she was talking to you about it it sounds like you are invited? What's the problem?
Reply 32
Original post by lekky
If she was talking to you about it it sounds like you are invited? What's the problem?

Well she never invited me on facebook, and when asked who was going by someone else she didn't mention me.
I really think you should just ask her what she's doing on the night of the party, if she lies then you'll know she's not a true friend.
I doubt it's intentional to be honest. When people have big parties they're bound to forget a few people off the list - it's happened to me before. Just ask her straight, as you are meant to be friends. I can pretty much guarantee that it's just an honest mistake.
ask her what she's doing that day ! if she says the party, ask why your not invited, if she lies then at least you know the type of person she really is

trust me, I've been through something like this and me and the person dont talk anymore ... I hope that doesn't happen to you ! :smile:
I think you are perhaps reading too much into it. She probably forgot to invite you, and when asked who was coming by someone else she was probably just listing the people who were definitely confirmed, and obviously you hadn't confirmed yet. She wouldn't start talking about it in front of you deliberately unless she was a massive bitch.
Reply 37
Original post by chocolate buttons
I really think you should just ask her what she's doing on the night of the party, if she lies then you'll know she's not a true friend.

She knows I know when the party is, so she'd just be confused if I texted her asking what she was doing that night.
Reply 38
One of my 'closest friends' invited everyone in our mutual social circle, all of which I also considered my 'closest friends', to her 18th birthday, except me - and they all kept so quiet about it that I only found out about her party after the event via Facebook photos. I'd asked her what she was doing for her 18th and she said she was doing something the week after, and nothing on the day itself - and then the day after her 18th, photos of 10+ people I know very well having fun at a house party came up on my Facebook, and not one of them had breathed a word...

****ers, the lot of them. It turned out that she didn't want to invite me to her house because I'm queer, and her parents didn't like that, and instead of manning up and saying 'I'm 18, I'll invite whoever I want' or saying 'listen, I'm sorry, you can't come round', she'd just got everyone close to me to lie to me whenever I asked about her party. I don't need people like that in my life, so I basically stopped talking to her and the majority of the people involved, and made better friends at uni.

Not that this is so relevant to your situation, but I thought I'd vent :tongue:
As per the title, someone I've been friends with literally all my life, and who'd I'd regard as one of my closest friends hasn't invited me to a house party she is having. I saw her yesterday and we got on as well as usual so she isn't 'off' with me or anything. So I genuinally don't know why I wasn't invited and I'm pretty gutted tbh. Anyone know how I could diplomatically mention my hurt at not being invited? I still want us to remain friends.

this is some primary school ****. man up

thanks for the negs, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger xD
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending