The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5700
Original post by Vybz Kartel
Lol agreed, but it's all i listen to rap for, that outrageous ignant ishh over a heavy beat. I don't want no one trynna preach or kick knowledge to me. Just some head boppin ish.

Where you been bro?

You been reppin that real life ish?
Reply 5701
Damn Frank Ocean.

He pulled outta Bestival so whenever I see him I just feel peeved -_-
Original post by zKlown
Where you been bro?

You been reppin that real life ish?

Word bro, on my real life game, i ain't about that life though, i'm about my TSR life so i'll be on more often now
[video="youtube;xj_Jk9rzP1o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj_Jk9rzP1o[/video]
Get this guy a record deal!!!!

Lmfao, snm, seriously snm.

"She's so hot she's giving the Sun its own tan", "I'm so buff my name should be Bowflex", "I got a loaded Tec".... Ahahahahaha
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5707
[video="youtube;3Vk0X3Fcw2o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vk0X3Fcw2o[/video]
Ok you man it's serious business time

Basically I've got my offer to do Philosophy at Nottingham through clearing and that's all bless but obviously cause I got the offer through clearing the only accommodation left is swag flats like half hour from the campus, one of them is ok cause it has a free gym and it's all ensuite and it's cheap and it's in Radford so not gotta worry for bud, the other looks ****, both seem isolated from uni life

If I don't get accommodation in the better of the two and am left with the **** and isolated one, is it worth staying back another year? I got A*AC this year but a lot of **** like depression, drugs etc has influenced that, my attendance was something like 40% this year. Can I convince unis, if I get counselling and if teachers are willing to predict me As etc, that I can turn it around or would they just be like 'nah'
Original post by JCC-MGS

Basically I've got my offer to do Philosophy at Nottingham through clearing and that's all bless but obviously cause I got the offer through clearing the only accommodation left is swag flats like half hour from the campus, one of them is ok cause it has a free gym and it's all ensuite and it's cheap and it's in Radford so not gotta worry for bud, the other looks ****, both seem isolated from uni life

If I don't get accommodation in the better of the two and am left with the **** and isolated one, is it worth staying back another year? I got A*AC this year but a lot of **** like depression, drugs etc has influenced that, my attendance was something like 40% this year. Can I convince unis, if I get counselling and if teachers are willing to predict me As etc, that I can turn it around or would they just be like 'nah'

Follow your heart man, if you feel you'll live where you're not going to be happy is it really worth it? if it is a big deal to you then don't go for it. Luckily its not like you're rushing to beat the increase in fees.

No harm in taking out a year, dealing with those issues, hopefully getting work and improving on that C.
Original post by TheEssence
Follow your heart man, if you feel you'll live where you're not going to be happy is it really worth it? if it is a big deal to you then don't go for it. Luckily its not like you're rushing to beat the increase in fees.

No harm in taking out a year, dealing with those issues, hopefully getting work and improving on that C.

You seem to be helping everyone in this thread so can I ask one question? After you sign that declaration form and send it back to the Student Finance are you supposed to hear back from them? I heard you're supposed to get a letter from them but I still haven't got it so I don't know if I'm getting finance.
Original post by Supah Hot Fire
You seem to be helping everyone in this thread so can I ask one question? After you sign that declaration form and send it back to the Student Finance are you supposed to hear back from them? I heard you're supposed to get a letter from them but I still haven't got it so I don't know if I'm getting finance.

I think i remember receiving confirmation, but i got it very deep into my holidays, close to when i was leaving for uni. If you're in doubt just ring them up
Original post by TheEssence
I think i remember receiving confirmation, but i got it very deep into my holidays, close to when i was leaving for uni. If you're in doubt just ring them up

Student Finance is a piece of ****, so ****ing unorganised, best bet is to call I guess, thanks, I've asked this question 3 times now and no one replied.
Student Finance is a piece of ****, so ****ing unorganised, best bet is to call I guess, thanks, I've asked this question 3 times now and no one replied.

lol, as long as you filled out your application on time you should be fine, Glad i could be of help.

Yes you are supposed to receive confirmation. It's a letter which has a break down of when you'll be getting your loans and/or grants. Yes you should definitely call them. They'll tell you in minutes so don't worry.
Original post by JCC-MGS

Did you see your GP about the depression? Because you may be able to claim extenuating circumstances but I think you're going to need some kind of written proof from a medical professional. I don't know the policy at Notts but based on other unis, if they're feeling generous they may give you an offer for 2013 entry POSSIBLY on the condition that you improve your grade or (seeing as you were depressed an all) it may well be unconditional.

Don't really know much about uni life and stuff so can't comment on the accommodation part.

Ask Notts what their policy is on retakes. If they accept them I think you'd stand a pretty good chance with A*AB/A*AA predictions.
Good luck man.
Agreed that chilling during your gap year gets old. You'll just get depressed seeing all your mates going on about uni 24/7. My gap year was last minute so I spent the first couple months with nada but some crummy telesales job. That was rock bottom for me. Although thinking about it now it doesn't seem so bad. I was just being an arrogant douche tbh.
Reply 5717
do people actually like earl sweatshirt?
I take it this has just turned into an education related thread for the yutes? :colonhash:
Reply 5719
Original post by ROYP
do people actually like earl sweatshirt?

I do.

Latest