Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    2 get 2 the point....

my gcses are approaching fast! and i am becoming veruy lazy! in not doing my tonnes of cw/essays/hw!!! which has been set 4 me during my half-term, i've been getting lazy on a whole rounder over the past and need motivation!! coz i'm scared not gonna do any thing b4 my exams and am going to fail,coz i keep on dossing!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lady sim)
    Hey!
    2 get 2 the point....

my gcses are approaching fast! and i am becoming veruy lazy! in not doing my tonnes of cw/essays/hw!!! which has been set 4 me during my half-term, i've been getting lazy on a whole rounder over the past and need motivation!! coz i'm scared not gonna do any thing b4 my exams and am going to fail,coz i keep on dossing!!!
    read your post!!!!is that not a little motivation? what do you wan't to do?? if you want to carry on and do A-levels then yes you are gonan have to find your motivation! if you want to go and stack the tesco shelfs (nothign wrong with that) then you can afford to doss!

one way to try and motivate yourself to work is decide on something you want to do! like a festival or holiday with friends or similar in the summer and say you can only do it if ... you get soo much work done!?

your the only person you will let down if you do fail them all, may sound alittle harsh but nobody else will really care if you mess up (well you're parents might not be to happy). i must admit my parents used money as bribery for my GCSE's, paying me set amounts for the grades, black mail but hey!

ReputationRep:
    Also, leave this place now before it's too late...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthie)
    read your post!!!!is that not a little motivation? what do you wan't to do?? if you want to carry on and do A-levels then yes you are gonan have to find your motivation! if you want to go and stack the tesco shelfs (nothign wrong with that) then you can afford to doss!

one way to try and motivate yourself to work is decide on something you want to do! like a festival or holiday with friends or similar in the summer and say you can only do it if ... you get soo much work done!?

your the only person you will let down if you do fail them all, may sound alittle harsh but nobody else will really care if you mess up (well you're parents might not be to happy). i must admit my parents used money as bribery for my GCSE's, paying me set amounts for the grades, black mail but hey!

Thankz, seriously ur ryt, jokaa tasco shelvez

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    Also, leave this place now before it's too late...

whatz that meant 2 mean?? and by the way great advise!!!!

ReputationRep:
    thats ment to mean this place is VERY adictive! and if you want to get work done its best to leave until june!!!!

ReputationRep:
    The only motivation you'll need: YOU WILL FAIL IF YOU DON'T REVISE

ReputationRep:
    thats ment to mean this place is VERY adictive! and if you want to get work done its best to leave until june!!!!

Exactly

Unfortunately I think it's too late for me... I'm resorting to working in the library every evening so I'm far away from my computer and so have no temptation to while away the hours here... (Evening off tonight!)

ReputationRep:

i get u,sowy a bit tired didnt get u, but hey ur tataly ryt!!
    Thankz

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean. I have been too lazy to do much work in the past but before my mocks in January I did a little work for a few selected subjects. NOw that I have got my results I see how pleased I was at the good marks and dissapointed with the bad marks. NOw all my motivation is that I want to get good final grades so that I can feel pleased with myself and to make my dad proud and for some reason it is really working. I have already done an english essay and a piece of geography and it is only the fourth day of half term!

ReputationRep:
    gone....will be bk when get gcse resultz

lolzzzzzz, yeah ryt...will be bk2moro

ReputationRep:
    gone....will be bk when get gcse resultz

lolzzzzzz, yeah ryt...will be bk2moro
    Umm alright...dont really understand a word you are saying (is it just me that gets annoyed...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onlylittleme)
    Umm alright...dont really understand a word you are saying (is it just me that gets annoyed...)

hey sowy, didnt make any sense, i meant 2 say what i just said 2 ruthie. coz ruthie said i should get away 4rm the site,

coz im dossing here and this site gets addictive,

so i replied i wouldn't come bk 2 this site but was being sarcastic in the sense that i'd be bk 2moro,

but hey thankz 4 the info on ur motivation,its helped 2 motivate myslf a bit.

thankz again!!!

ReputationRep:
    Im having trouble motivating myself to but what i try and do is, i say something like this to myself, what clothes do you want to where? designer or oxfam? Or what car do i want to drive, a car what hardly works or a nice comfortable car.

But the one that makes me motivated is i say to myself, when im older with my wife and kids do i just want to just get by with little money and live in a rubbish house and the only holidays we get is down to portsmouth or do i want a nice house and a good upbringing of my children and great holidays to America (magic kingdom) places where you want to take your kids.

Now i know which ones i would choose and this should be enough motivation for you and anyone else, i no its really hard to motivate yourself because you want to do other things like play computer etc, but just think you put in a bit of effort everyday doing revision, even for just half an hour ( you will learn at least one thing) and that one thing can be the difference between a c and d. So what im saying is put a little more effort in now and in the summer you can enjoy yourself. And i can tell that if you can tell yourself truthfully that you have tried to learn and you have done your best, and you still fail your exams at least you can say to yourself " well i tried my best" and that is all you and your parents can ask of you.

And one more motivation tip, try and think to the day u have to go to the school and get your results, how would u feel coming out of your school knowing you have failed and dreading telling your parents and them being dissapointed or do you want to come out passing and making your parents proud of you, although they will be proud either way.

i hope this helps, dont put pressure on yourself because then it will become depressing.

good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antony)
    Im having trouble motivating myself to but what i try and do is, i say something like this to myself, what clothes do you want to where? designer or oxfam? Or what car do i want to drive, a car what hardly works or a nice comfortable car.

But the one that makes me motivated is i say to myself, when im older with my wife and kids do i just want to just get by with little money and live in a rubbish house and the only holidays we get is down to portsmouth or do i want a nice house and a good upbringing of my children and great holidays to America (magic kingdom) places where you want to take your kids.

Now i know which ones i would choose and this should be enough motivation for you and anyone else, i no its really hard to motivate yourself because you want to do other things like play computer etc, but just think you put in a bit of effort everyday doing revision, even for just half an hour ( you will learn at least one thing) and that one thing can be the difference between a c and d. So what im saying is put a little more effort in now and in the summer you can enjoy yourself. And i can tell that if you can tell yourself truthfully that you have tried to learn and you have done your best, and you still fail your exams at least you can say to yourself " well i tried my best" and that is all you and your parents can ask of you.

And one more motivation tip, try and think to the day u have to go to the school and get your results, how would u feel coming out of your school knowing you have failed and dreading telling your parents and them being dissapointed or do you want to come out passing and making your parents proud of you, although they will be proud either way.

i hope this helps, dont put pressure on yourself because then it will become depressing.

good luck

Hey thankz had jokez reading ur true joke about designer and Oxfam clothes! lolz,

but trust ur message has given me lotz of motivation, so thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    2 get 2 the point....

tut tut

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antony)
    Im having trouble motivating myself to but what i try and do is, i say something like this to myself, what clothes do you want to where? designer or oxfam?
    Hey! Oxfam clothes can be great if you look properly!

(<-- student...)

ReputationRep:
    as much as this place is cool it is an exam killer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    as much as this place is cool it is an exam killer

Yeah and exam killer but also a great place 2 get advice 4rm!

ReputationRep:
    Ya i feel lazy too I have calculus, economics and accounting hw sitting in my bad on the floor and i just wanna sleep

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.