The Student Room Group

Aqa sociology unit 4 crime & deviance- january 27th 2012 !!!!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Original post by Riya24
i reckon :

A* = 75
A = 68
B = 61
C =54
D = 47
E = 40

thats waaaaaaaaaaaay to high lol
Original post by alia789
what were the boundaries like in June 2011?

Quite low as according to my old Sociology teacher the country did really bad on the 33 marker on value freedom. Im retaking and June 11 was a damn hard exam :frown:
Reply 342
wow guys our predictions weren't that bad!!! :smile: i think it wasn't a bad paper. how did everyone get on ?
Reply 343
i actually love everyone who predicted stuff on here, the exact 4 topics i were expecting and revised the most came up :biggrin:
Reply 344
Original post by majik123
same here, i just wrote about functionalists :frown:

Snap!
Reply 345
Original post by battylauren001
Quite low as according to my old Sociology teacher the country did really bad on the 33 marker on value freedom. Im retaking and June 11 was a damn hard exam :frown:

This was my retake aswell :frown: but at least I could write about functionalists in the 33 marker and evaluate. Last year I only wrote two paragraphs that didn't make any sense! Still dont think I have the A I need for uni!
Original post by R3cognize

Original post by R3cognize
Yeah I wrote about Right Realists too - hadn't a clue for 'New Right'. I was happy with the Functionist part though, I mainly contrasted it with Postmodern and Social action theories. The methods question was fairly hard, I struggled to come up with three advantages and three limitations.

I loved the first two questions though! Labelling theory was easy, and Globalisation was properly the pick of the lot for me! Compared it with State crime, mentioned a little bit of crime in the Media too!

my teacher said gglobalisation was not likely to come out... guess what came out... *face palm*
Reply 347
Wasn't bad at all :smile: I managed to relate labelling theory to subcultural theory somehow...something about how cloward and ohlin labelled working class subcultures, and that was labelling in itself etc. the 33 marker wasn't what i was expecting buuuttttt i did get four decent paragraphs.

anyway, thank god that's over!
Reply 348
Original post by scaredofexams
I think it's very unfair when they asked you about New Right when that was not a specified theory in the theory section of the revision guide and text book. This threw me completely and I didn't even mention Charles Murray :frown:

i thought this too! i couldn't think of anything so i proper rambled. all i could think of was their crime and deviance theories because that's what is on the specimen, and this isn't what the question was asking for really. not fair at all.
Reply 349
i did more about functionalism

functs- anomie&hirschi bonds related it too the summers riots, socio a science(Durkheim)-very briefly,inequalities okay,Cloward & Ohlin ilegitmate/legit opps, subculture..cant remember what else tbh
new right- inequalities okay, Murray&Marsden- welfare scroungers how they share similiar ideas as right realism, conflict, post mod adaptation of society changing rapidly.. cant remember what else tbh

covert observation- thought it would be easy but when i actually got into the quest found it a bit difficult even though i stuck with the P.E.R.V.E.R.T technique.

labelling- edwin lermet, Becker- amplification, reoffending, label by social control agencies, social construct(idk if i shouldve but i thought let me give it my all if i cant do all that in 33marker) cant remember what else

globalisation- taylor-TNCs, sex trafficking, cyber crimes, cheap labour, deindustralisation for UK, state crime (briefly eventhough it didnt state it), easier communication/media led to such and such.. easier travel led to such and such..

hoping for atleast a past grade (above C) - but glad its over dont want to be resitting. 33 marker threw me back tho- i got bit confused in what to inc and what not too (like value freedom)
(edited 12 years ago)
Really don't understand how anyone found this paper hard? My sociology teacher is AMAZING. He over taught us but never actually told us until the day of the paper, so we already knew so much extra in depth stuff, i'm hoping for an A* :smile: However, ran out of time for the 33 marker :frown:
Original post by Chich1994
Wasn't bad at all :smile: I managed to relate labelling theory to subcultural theory somehow...something about how cloward and ohlin labelled working class subcultures, and that was labelling in itself etc. the 33 marker wasn't what i was expecting buuuttttt i did get four decent paragraphs.

anyway, thank god that's over!

see who's gonnna come out wif an A :wink:
Reply 352
Ye it wasnt as hard as people have made out
Reply 353
I agree with the above!

maybe because we had some ideas about what could possibly come up & not, well it defos narrowed revision down to me (still went through everything just to be prep)

personal note: I was happy with labelling & globalisation just covert obs & funct&new right shook me up a bit but I just did the best I could tbh whatever i remembered in relation to f&nr wrote about it :wink: could have done better aswell.. glad the exams over with
i thought the first 3 went well but the 33 mark one was hard, i wrote loads on functionalism but nothing on new right, do you think that means i wont get any marks for that one? i still did evaluation on functionalism by comparing other theories.
Original post by laurieee
Snap!

haha me too
Original post by student19944
i thought the first 3 went well but the 33 mark one was hard, i wrote loads on functionalism but nothing on new right, do you think that means i wont get any marks for that one? i still did evaluation on functionalism by comparing other theories.

I did the exactly same as you! I hope so :frown:
I messed up on the first question by missing out basic theorists such as Cicourel and Lemert. I wanted to cry when I left the exam and everyone was discussing their answers, it's the worst feeling when you know you know something simple but then for some crazy reason you don't write about it in the exam!! Oh well, there's no point crying over it now. May as well just forget about it until March and cry a sigh of relief that exams are over!! :smile:
Reply 358
Original post by Heavy-Metal-Lover
I messed up on the first question by missing out basic theorists such as Cicourel and Lemert. I wanted to cry when I left the exam and everyone was discussing their answers, it's the worst feeling when you know you know something simple but then for some crazy reason you don't write about it in the exam!! Oh well, there's no point crying over it now. May as well just forget about it until March and cry a sigh of relief that exams are over!! :smile:

Yeah i know what you mean, i missed out cyber crime on the globalisaton question, and missed the conclusion on the covert question as i left it last
and i didnt talk about methods on the last 33 marck q

oh well lol
Original post by jordan9
Yeah i know what you mean, i missed out cyber crime on the globalisaton question, and missed the conclusion on the covert question as i left it last
and i didnt talk about methods on the last 33 marck q

oh well lol

It's just the most annoying thing, you just want to kick yourself when you realize!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending