AQA Geography GEOG4a February 2nd 2012 Watch

sarahja
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Thought I'd make a thread for anyone taking the AQA Geography GEOG4a exam 2nd Feb 2012 . I know it's kinda early but has anyone started revising yet?

What questions do you think will come up? I'm thinking maybe something on kite or radial diagrams for section B? Though I'm not really sure as I haven't seen the June 2011 paper :confused:
pharrison1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i dont think a kite diagram will come up, there isn't that many pieces of data that would realistically come up. more like a triangular graph comparing 3 bits of data. e.g. rented from council, private rented and owner occupied. not sure about the questions though, what about you?
her17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Done the Feb 2011 paper so far, not feeling very confident yet....
sarahja
Rep:
?
(Original post by pharrison1)
i dont think a kite diagram will come up, there isn't that many pieces of data that would realistically come up. more like a triangular graph comparing 3 bits of data. e.g. rented from council, private rented and owner occupied. not sure about the questions though, what about you?
I'm not too sure really, kite and radial diagrams were just a guess based on what's already come up in the exam. I think triangular graphs has come up before, but quite a while ago so it may come up again. I'm hoping so anyway! I'm also assuming there will be some sort of question on use of statistical techniques.

(Original post by her17)
Done the Feb 2011 paper so far, not feeling very confident yet....
I haven't yet done a whole practice paper. At least you're one step ahead already! And there's a month left yet, so hopefully we'll all be feeling a bit more confident by then....
clareramos
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Bit of advice, the chief examiner at least was, and I think still is, but don't quote me on that, going systematically through the specification for a lot of questions, so you shouldn't see any of the past paper questions for the sections that AREN'T on skills.

The skills section is fairly standard set they can ask and make sure that you know it and what you investigated is personal to you as you will be able to right a lot about and know it a lot easier and it will come across to the person marking it.
scared!
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Triangular graphs came up on the as skills paperr, so i'm not sure they would re-do them the same year and they've come up before. Maybe presenting data so kite and graphs etc.. could come up! finding this SO hard to revise for..
her17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by scared!)
Triangular graphs came up on the as skills paperr, so i'm not sure they would re-do them the same year and they've come up before. Maybe presenting data so kite and graphs etc.. could come up! finding this SO hard to revise for..
I know, I'm really struggling to get in the zone while revising this. I get bored while I'm doing the papers
scared!
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by her17)
I know, I'm really struggling to get in the zone while revising this. I get bored while I'm doing the papers
I know exactly what you mean, so hard to even make like revision cards etc for it, and the second bit is just pot luck!
Party By Myself
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Anyone know any good websites for revising this paper?
Brap4k22DivideBy2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Fml. GEOG2 was fine, but this is GEOG2 with twice the number of marks per question. I don't know how you guys revise.

Any help?
S_123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
This is such a boring paper. I actually zone out during past papers and I'm finding it so hard to revise for! Ahhhh I actually think I'm going to fail! I do not want to retake and ever look at these notes again though How is everyone else finding it at the moment?
popnit
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by S_123)
This is such a boring paper. I actually zone out during past papers and I'm finding it so hard to revise for! Ahhhh I actually think I'm going to fail! I do not want to retake and ever look at these notes again though How is everyone else finding it at the moment?
I'm dreading it. I was glad to see the back of geog 2 last week, then this! I can't even be bothered haha :/
sarahja
Rep:
?
(Original post by S_123)

I thought it was just me that finds it so boring! I do one practice question then look for any distraction I can find. Takes all my motivation to do a whole paper!
Moodyy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
How DO you revise for this? 'o.O
Brap4k22DivideBy2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Moodyy)
How DO you revise for this? 'o.O
Just do model answers and mark them with your teacher. That's all we've been doing
S_123
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ahh can't believe it's in 2 days :eek:
popnit
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Went through loads of stuff today with my teacher and feel abit more confident on this paper..
Is anyone doing %vegetation in a sand dune system?
0zzy94
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Isnt it on the city 'Poole' thought it'd be the same for everyone..?
irfaan
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
im screwed for this exam,
litterly all we have been told for this exam is to know our coursework inside out from AS and to polish up on our skills

i have not touched so far and the exam is on thursday ,, looks like ima be working day and night now :/
S.Pink
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Anyone got any ideas on the Mann-Whitney U test and Chi Squared? My teacher went through the skills list for the first time with us today and we were like what are these and he just dismissed them?! Am I missing something important? Had a look in our text book like mentioned to do and I have no idea how to use them or why they would be important for statistical analysis! Any help please?

Also not looking forward to any question that ends in 'has helped your geographical understanding'
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Startford Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • University of Wolverhampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (73)
15.97%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (46)
10.07%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (88)
19.26%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (64)
14%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (48)
10.5%
How can I be the best version of myself? (138)
30.2%

Watched Threads