The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Are chavs a countrywide problem?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I would say a worldwide problem.

Gopniks in Russia, racailles in France, canis in Spain...
Reply 21

Softest country on earth.
People have to understand that there is a difference between organised crime and chavs. One just has to dress in a particular way to be called a chav. They're not really a problem. However street robberies, theft from cars etc. all involve some element of organisation and chavs do not necessarily perform these.
Reply 23
Original post by Fargo
I don't think it's over the top. It will set an example to everyone else. The whole reason we had riots in this country is because we're too ****ing soft, and everyone knows it. What do these criminals even have to be scared of? Definitely not prison, it's cosy in there and they can kill time by playing playstation. We are a joke. Bring back hanging and watch the crime rate dramatically decrease.

The police didn't come down hard enough or fast enough when the riots began. That doesn't make any kind of case for the death penalty to be introduced.
Original post by Fargo
Softest country on earth.
I and many others appreciate not living under an authoritarian state that has peremptory power over its citizens. The police are not judiciaries and should not be responsible for distributing their own form of 'justice' where they please. Their job is to incapacitate the aggressor with minimal damage caused to all concerned parties and the court has the role of sentencing said aggressor. Objectivity of practice prevents corruption and vindictiveness from attenuating the reliability and effectiveness of the police force; I'm inclined to believe the citizens of the states that align with your views would much prefer the UK's criminal justice system to theirs.
(edited 12 years ago)
Yep, South Wales is full of chavs. Personally, I'm just hoping the sheep turn carnivorous at some point and eat them.
Original post by uktotalgamer
Wales?

The chavs here are worse than those in Manchester.
Reply 27
I live in cambridge and yeah there's chavs but they don't really do anything tbf, most of them are quite intelligent actually and just enjoy sitting around being anti-social, although there is still a minority who commit crimes, vandalism etc but it's only a minority :biggrin:
I present you, the overseas chav!

USA:

Russia (who weirdly have a wikipedia page about them):

France:

Spanish:

Ive been assured that they do indeed have them in Belgium, Germany, Ireland, Australia and its a growing phenomenon in Canada
Reply 29
if you wanna know where the real chavs are...come essex. We're famous for them :wink:
Reply 30
Chavs are absolutely everywhere. It's intriguing because they didn't even exist in their current form until 1997 or so... :holmes:.

I was watching the news a few months back when they had the final procession through Royal Wootton Bassett before moving it elsewhere. The reporter was in the street, talking about sacrifice fitting tributes, honouring our war dead etc. Right at that very moment, three chavs walked through the back of the shot complete with Burberry caps and cheap cider which made me a bit :lolwut:. Not even kidding - you'd think a town like that would be more upmarket :colonhash:

Original post by Origami Bullets
nicer areas of Manchester

I lol'd.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ch0llima

Original post by ch0llima
I lol'd.

It's a relative thing.
I walked passed a "Mum" talking to this other woman while her 2 year old son ran off ahead saying

"no one can control me! becaise I'm a ****ing nightmare!".

Scum of this country.
Reply 33
I wish chavs would disappear just for one day, if only so that people like OP would realise that it doesn't achieve or improve anything
Reply 34
Original post by Hogwartz
Do you often wonder WHY they commit crimes?

Because they're morons. Please don't tell me you blame the government...
Yes and no, you get them in most built up areas but not generally in the far north of Scotland :biggrin:
Reply 36
Original post by Mr. Z
Because they're morons. Please don't tell me you blame the government...

Are you a middle class individual?
Loads of chavs where I live but when I went to Newquay and Devon etc on holiday I never saw any. You go on holiday to cleethorpes and skegness and there are loads.
I live in tunbridge wells which is really quite posh. Full of stinking rich people with loads of horses and tons of nice cars and fancy watches etc. We still have chavs. I don't tend to get started on very often really.. like not in broad daylight anyway. To be honest the only people who have ever started on me have been fat ugly jealous chav girls who saw me talk to their boyfriend or something lol
Original post by Powersymphonia
Loads of chavs where I live but when I went to Newquay and Devon etc on holiday I never saw any. You go on holiday to cleethorpes and skegness and there are loads.

Yeah I didn't really notice any in newquay... but the whole week is fairly blurry in my mind to be honest lol what did you think of the clubs?

Latest

Trending

Trending