Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ok, so you applied for warwick(1), bristol(2), durham(3) and, oxbridge(4) and got rejected from all of them

you got an offer from leeds(5)

and "you're still waiting on one(6) with an exam to sit at another(7), they're both unis that have really strong law courses"

that equals 7...

i am sorry if i've missed something, but how have you applied for 7 unis???

i'm confused!

[edit]this is to babybio, by the way!!![/edit]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babybio)
    in eng lang course, one of the modules is editorial writing where you're given several sets of source material, u then have to re-use that material, present it with a certain level of artistic flair and present an argument or article.
    ahhh sounds like good old AQA, is it not? editorial writing is definatly not an easy exam

Donna
    -x-

(Original post by babybio)
    right, award for missing the point goes to u rah congrats!

the thread was not about me, how may times? Thanks Insatiable, now thats what im interested in, see rah? now i know it is cos im rubbish, not cos i applied to oxbridge, oh the relief!
    how is that missing the point? you apply for a competitive course, arent anything amazing(ie 11 A*s or you would have said) and got rejected from three competitive uni's, so what? i'm sorry and i understand you feel bad but you have one offer...you may get lucky and get nottingham as well

i don't believe there is any real correlation between oxbridge applicants and rejections from other top unis(except perhaps bristol) because they know that 5/6's of you will be rejected and will want to go somewhere else ie their uni

i had friends applying for law who only got one offer, i have others who got 5 or 6, the most likely explanation is your gcse grades or your ps *shrug*

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 18, 2004
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.