The Student Room Group

Correct A levels to take?

Hey, so currently, I've applied for the subjects I'm taking for A-level, although its not too late to change them yet. I'm interested in taking a doctor/forensic pathologist career down the medicine route so I'm wondering if I've chosen correctly for my A level subjects.

A-level subjects I've chosen:

Maths
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Reply 1
They're great options. However make sure you're happy with the slight lack of variation :smile:
The choices are perfectly fine for all the careers you've mentioned. For med, so long as you have bio and chem, it's all good. For forensic science likewise, and maths will help too (but not necessary in most cases).
Reply 3
Original post by kiwwi

Maths
Biology
Chemistry
Physics

Good choices. Tough ones, but very good. Just a word of caution on physics though: you must absolutely love the subject, and be willing to work one's arse off for it - i can't imagine a tougher A-level.
Original post by kiwwi
Hey, so currently, I've applied for the subjects I'm taking for A-level, although its not too late to change them yet. I'm interested in taking a doctor/forensic pathologist career down the medicine route so I'm wondering if I've chosen correctly for my A level subjects.

Maths
Biology
Chemistry
Physics

Hey, I'm also doing these subjects for A-level next year. Though I'm also taking, Spanish and French AS. I'm also interested in taking the medicine/ forensic pathologist career too! And a few other random careers. Though for that career, yeah you've taken the right subjects! Though I've heard Physics is really challenging, and requires a lot of work; chemistry have many difficult concepts to understand, and biology is just a lot of memory work. I've heard maths is fairly easy, probably the easiest out of these subjects.
But you need at least AAA if you want to go down that career, so just make sure you can realistically get those grades! Good luck! (':

Quick Reply

Latest