The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

The 'Ask a current student' thread! (University of Birmingham)

Scroll to see replies

Is anyone doing Education BA hons as i haven’t read about anyone who is currently doing it!!! Im quite nervous about going to uni as I’m not as confident so doing presentations and stuff may be quite intimidating.
I’m currently in sixth form and I am planning to go to UOB next year.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Hiya, first year med student at UoB here! Feel free to ask me anything :smile:
hello everyone. I would like to ask what car parking is like for student at uob. is there any at all or is it really expensive ? thanks!
Original post by blahhblahhblahh
Yes! Definitely! I thought I did mine pretty quick but I ended up put in the most expensive one because there were no spaces left

When did you apply?
Original post by thesilvermagnolia
Lots of people have been asking me questions individually, and I think it would be good if everyone could ask questions and get answers!

If you have any questions or queries about life in Birmingham as a city, the uni, accommodation etc. feel free to ask me anything! :smile:

Hello! I wanted to ask about the Law course at Birmingham. I know Law is a very competitive industry, especially when you're facing top universities like Oxbridge and UCL, so I wanted to ask about the job prospects of Birmingham law graduates. Thanks!
Original post by hillarywoo
Hello! I wanted to ask about the Law course at Birmingham. I know Law is a very competitive industry, especially when you're facing top universities like Oxbridge and UCL, so I wanted to ask about the job prospects of Birmingham law graduates. Thanks!

basically all russell group universities are all much of a muchness. you will not boost your chances of getting a training contract by choosing birmingham over say, leicester, cardiff, manchester.

it's highly competitive and you distinguish yourself by getting extra curriculars which demonstrate teamwork, leadership etc, and work experience. as you say, there is a large oversupply of law graduates, and the recruitment process for most firms is tough.
I'm studying psychology at UoB and for a subject like Psychology the lectures are big with approx. 350 students on the course. they record (mostly) all the lectures so you can listen back and the psychology department is really good so I'd defo recommend x
Original post by lucybirchx
Hey there, I know you're flooded with questions but I was wondering, what are the lectures like at Birmingham? Ideally the psychology professors? I've read that a lot of students didn't enjoy there time at Birmingham, so do you have any idea why that may be ? Thanks a lot :smile:
Original post by woodchuck
basically all russell group universities are all much of a muchness. you will not boost your chances of getting a training contract by choosing birmingham over say, leicester, cardiff, manchester.

it's highly competitive and you distinguish yourself by getting extra curriculars which demonstrate teamwork, leadership etc, and work experience. as you say, there is a large oversupply of law graduates, and the recruitment process for most firms is tough.

Thanks!
Original post by studentproblems2
I'm studying psychology at UoB and for a subject like Psychology the lectures are big with approx. 350 students on the course. they record (mostly) all the lectures so you can listen back and the psychology department is really good so I'd defo recommend x

wow thanks!!
Original post by magnificentMOULA
hello everyone. I would like to ask what car parking is like for student at uob. is there any at all or is it really expensive ? thanks!

Yes, there is parking, but you're hardly going to need it. All of the first year accommodations are within a 10 minute walk of the campus besides one, which is roughly 25 minutes (and I still don't feel the need to drive). You do need to buy a parking permit, but you can park safely on the roads nearby for free.
Hiya anyone studying chemistry????
Hi, do you know if it’s possible to change something in my UCAS at this point? I declined my Birmingham offer but I have regretted that and I would like to change this... is it possible even if it’s already the 5th of may?
Hey there! I've received an offer fm UoB but was quite concerned with the uni's social life. You see, I'm more of an introvert and I really prefer a tranquil environment over noisy crowds and I'm really worried of my uni life. Can anyone tells me how an introvert like me can fit in to UoB?
Hi, anyone studying Liberal Arts and Natural Sciences? How interesting do you find the modules? Course as you expected? How/What is core?
Hi, How does the univ help in placement once I complete my graduate study/ masters in CS in Birmingham university??? What are the placement chances in general and at what level beginners are hired by employers after this degree???
What is the area of Birmingham like where the uni is at? What are the people like? What are common subjects do people study at the uni?
Hey I will be applying to bham later this year, what’s the city like cause as you know Birmingham can be a bit of a rough place - and is the deluxe en suite worth it? :smile:
Original post by chelseagirl2002
What is the area of Birmingham like where the uni is at? What are the people like? What are common subjects do people study at the uni?

I can at least answer the first question. It's located in Edgbaston, which is the 'posh' part of Birmingham. Very green with huge houses. Uni is also a short bus ride to the city centre.
(edited 5 years ago)
Any English language/Linguistics students, can you study Stylistics/Literary Linguistics?
Hey ! I will be stuyding in UoB for one semester and was wondering how do public transports work ?
I found this http://nxbus.co.uk/students/ but I'm not sure to understand.

Is it something like, you pay £160 + after you have to pay £1.40 each day you want to use public transport and these 1.40 allow you to travel unlimitidly for a day. But you have to pay again the day after ? It's not 160 and you're unlimited for the semester ?

But what does the direct debit option means ? And the mticket student ?

Thank you in advance :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending