The Student Room Group

Law 03 AQA 25th Jan 2012

Hey guys!

Has anyone got any advice for me?
Im sitting the law 03 and im slightly worried.

Good luck everyone!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bump!

This exam is freaking me out... I have a massive issue with the time limits on the scenario questions. On non-fatal offence and murder scenarios I just can't finish in time.

What on earth am I doing wrong?

It's not like i'm a bloody idiot either, I got 4 A's at AS in History, English Lit, Politics and Law 0.o
Original post by Sean9001

Bump!

This exam is freaking me out... I have a massive issue with the time limits on the scenario questions. On non-fatal offence and murder scenarios I just can't finish in time.

What on earth am I doing wrong?

It's not like i'm a bloody idiot either, I got 4 A's at AS in History, English Lit, Politics and Law 0.o

Look at model answers, then u know exactly what u have to include, most ppl just add irrelevant stuff
Reply 3
Original post by messy_teardrops
Look at model answers, then u know exactly what u have to include, most ppl just add irrelevant stuff

We have been given no model answers... according to my teacher there are none... ffs.
Reply 4
I havent been given any model answers either :frown:

Writing ( and learning) the essays for the critical evaluation bit now.

Im finding it so difficult :/
Original post by Jellybeany

I havent been given any model answers either :frown:

Writing ( and learning) the essays for the critical evaluation bit now.

Im finding it so difficult :/

the AQA website has some resources to help with the evaluation, i think i saw some non-fatal stuff

We have been given no model answers... according to my teacher there are none... ffs.

my teacher actually gave me some, i think they were from some law textbook =/
Reply 7
I have two textbooks with me. Ill have a look on the AQA website again though :smile: I think its quite confusing. Have you sat the exam?

nah not yet, but i think its going to be an okay exam, just a matter of remembering all the cases & evaluation :smile:
My teacher started us on Criminal law and then said that she got it wrong we were meant to do contract first so we've crammed all the contract in and i've still got bloody criminal in my head ¬.¬

Also, my teachers awful so i'm having a mad panic...
Reply 11
I have my biology exam on the same day as law 03! For some tips, I've been told that in A2 you don't need to add case facts just make sure you outline the principles of all the cases especially the non fatal offences. And make sure for the
Murder questions you really apply the mens rea, its all about application (maybe you have already been told this)
Original post by Care-Free

My teacher started us on Criminal law and then said that she got it wrong we were meant to do contract first so we've crammed all the contract in and i've still got bloody criminal in my head ¬.¬

Also, my teachers awful so i'm having a mad panic...

how do you find contract compared to criminal? is it harder? i seem to find topics like that really boring! :frown:
Original post by SKPD11

Original post by SKPD11
I have my biology exam on the same day as law 03! For some tips, I've been told that in A2 you don't need to add case facts just make sure you outline the principles of all the cases especially the non fatal offences. And make sure for the
Murder questions you really apply the mens rea, its all about application (maybe you have already been told this)

same here! i really hate how they've done that, just makes me more stressed :frown:
im more confident on law though, might just have to re-sit bio in june
how do you find contract compared to criminal? is it harder? i seem to find topics like that really boring! :frown:

It might just be that my teachers rubbish but personally i've never done anything so dull in my life.
Where in criminal law you have interesting (athought occasionally morbid) cases on which you can have a class discussion and suggest law reforms and such the contract law cases are just 'this happened, they sued, end'.

I hate contract if im honest which might be why im dreading the exam so much.
Reply 15
same here! i really hate how they've done that, just makes me more stressed :frown:
im more confident on law though, might just have to re-sit bio in june

Tell me about it! Which exam do you have to do first? I have do law so my hand is going to be dead for the biology paper! I'm okay with law but sometimes I struggle with trying to work out if it's a murder or manslaughter from the scenarios.

It might just be that my teachers rubbish but personally i've never done anything so dull in my life.
Where in criminal law you have interesting (athought occasionally morbid) cases on which you can have a class discussion and suggest law reforms and such the contract law cases are just 'this happened, they sued, end'.

I hate contract if im honest which might be why im dreading the exam so much.

i absolutely love the criminal stuff, which actually helps me remember most of cases
i think everyone should do contract first cos atleast that way if people dont get the grade they want they have the option to re-sit, oh well i suppose i'll just have to work extra hard & try to make it interesting :biggrin: good luck for ur exam!
Original post by SKPD11

Original post by SKPD11
Tell me about it! Which exam do you have to do first? I have do law so my hand is going to be dead for the biology paper! I'm okay with law but sometimes I struggle with trying to work out if it's a murder or manslaughter from the scenarios.

i dont actually know which one im doing first, is it our own choice? cos if it is i'd probably wanna do law and get it over with, i cant do it if ive done one exam before, my hand is gonna be so tired!!
plus im gonna be isolated in some room instead of the actually exam hall :'(
yh same here, which is why im gonna do the question which actually tells you what to write
what did u get for AS for law/bio if you dont mind me asking?? :smile:
Reply 18
i dont actually know which one im doing first, is it our own choice? cos if it is i'd probably wanna do law and get it over with, i cant do it if ive done one exam before, my hand is gonna be so tired!!
plus im gonna be isolated in some room instead of the actually exam hall :'(
yh same here, which is why im gonna do the question which actually tells you what to write
what did u get for AS for law/bio if you dont mind me asking?? :smile:

Haha yeah I thought of doing that cause in old papers they usually put like" discuss x's liability for the murder of y" but in the new papers they don't give hints they just say for the incident with y, if you get me :s
And no not at all, got B's in both (resitting to pull them up to a's hopefully) you?
i absolutely love the criminal stuff, which actually helps me remember most of cases
i think everyone should do contract first cos atleast that way if people dont get the grade they want they have the option to re-sit, oh well i suppose i'll just have to work extra hard & try to make it interesting :biggrin: good luck for ur exam!

I loved criminal last year but then i also love negligence last year too so i found it a lot easier to remember it all.
I'm less likely to remember the stuff i dont like.
However The uni i want to go to have said they'll accept with A*BC instead of their offered ABB so im going to really buckle down regardless of the fact that contract makes me want to kill myself...and everyone else :P

Quick Reply

Latest