Getting into clubs without proper ID Watch

milkytea
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi. I turned 18 in October but I lost my ID a couple of weeks ago. I'm supposed to be going out clubbing for a friend's 18th on Friday and don't have time to get any valid ID sent through before then. The best I have is a student ID (which seems to have been pretty much useless) and a very old passport (I'm about 10 in the pic and it expired quite some time ago). Do you think I'd be able to get in to clubs with those two, or is there no real chance of that happening? Anyone had similar experience? Incidentally I don't look particularly young but I doubt you'd be sure I was 18 if you didn't already know.
Yawn11
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If you're a G you'll slip the bouncer a £10 or a £20 and tell him yuo forgot your ID, usually they'll let you pass without saying a word.
Aack
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If you're planning on going to a specific club, don't get your hopes up - it's sods law.

If there's no specific venue in mind, try your luck at enough places and you might have a good night.
beccafairy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
grow a beard. seriously. some of my guy friends have no valid IDs but can still get in because of their facial hair haha!
totbl
Badges: 10
Report 7 years ago
Get there before 11 and you might have a chance.
Dorkzilla
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I went without ID for almost a year and it had its moments. Take both your student ID and your old passport and just tell them you're waiting for your new passport to come through. Be polite and explain it all showing matching names on your student ID as well as passport, say obv you're 18 and if you do have birth certificate show that too. I usually had no problems til I started getting a bit rude or annoyed the bouncer in general. Call in advance possibly to let them know and see if that might help esp as you're going for mates bday do. It can be pot luck with some bouncers.
Arkan
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Yawn11)
If you're a G you'll slip the bouncer a £10 or a £20 and tell him yuo forgot your ID, usually they'll let you pass without saying a word.
My friend offered the bouncer £50 once, the bouncer threatened to knock him out and said I don't care how old you are you're not coming in.

So it works both ways.
Megaross
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've been going into clubs since I was 16, but I've always looked much much older.
I rarely got questioned buying beer at 13, full beard, 6'6" and old face.

You can try but bouncers can be strict.
Nix-j-c
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Different bouncers vary in how strict they are. I'm 18 and my BF is a year and a bit younger than me, but every thinks he is over 18 because he's so tall and has a beard. Although when I'm with him and he wants 18 game/ dvd he gets me to get it, just incase they ask for ID. Although he came to the till with me and they knew I was getting it for him and questioned why I was buying it, 'because he might be under 18' But we were like WTF you think he looks younger than me (I had my 18+ ID on me, but he definately looks older than me), we said we were that same age but I ahd my ID on me and my BF didn't so they let us have it.

Me, him, and his parents when to see the girl with the dragon tattoo and I kept winding him up saying how he should go see happy feet 2 or alvin and the chipmunks if he thinks the grown-up film is going to be too scary for him . But they didn't question either of our ages.
DaveSmith99
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It depends on the club, have you been there before? Is it a student night? If its pretty likely you will get in.
carvery23
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
recently I have been going to wakefield clubbing ,there is always another way to get in to clubs such as through the fire door
klu5ion
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's hard to say mate. I don't really go clubbing but last time I went they took a photo of my driving license. It goes onto a system and when I asked about data protection compliance I was given the usual BS. Very rude bouncers. That being said bouncers are never or have never been my friends or friendly to me. They often ask for anything and it can range from being refused to enter clubs without being a couple to even some races being excluded from clubs. I have experienced this first hand and know too well about this. I even had them refuse entry because I looked "different" on my provisional ID. I was annoyed and I remember showing him my uni ID to prove that my name matched the one on my provisional ID.

I'm not putting you off, but if you want to go clubbing around London - be prepared with ID
Roomy22
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hello im 23 years old my passport expired i need ID card for night club how do i get that
emilyreganxoxo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Yes becuase they let me into the cinema with my passport picture and it expired in 2009 xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (260)
54.28%
18-20 years old (no) (62)
12.94%
20-25 years old (yes) (80)
16.7%
20-25 years old (no) (9)
1.88%
25-30 years old (yes) (25)
5.22%