The Student Room Group

Formal email to college!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Nessie_dd
OMG! You are great! You sound like the best teacher i ever had! HAHAHAHA!
Thank you so much... And, I must confess, I was trying to sound so... aham... smart and poetic... And it didn't go that well, han?
HAHAHAAH! xD

Hahah, noo it definitely makes you sound smart! Just, some of its a bit unnecessary cause in general conversation you wouldn't really use the phrases thats all. Pretty impressive you can use those phrases at all though!
Reply 21
Original post by Rosalind

Original post by Rosalind
Like some others, I've changed some parts and put them in bold :smile:
Best of luck!

Edit: your English is very impressive!

Thank you... you helped me as well as the others! xD
Reply 22
Original post by EffieFlowers

Thank you!! xD
Reply 23
Ok... Guys, I'm tryng to use all of your advice to make a hell of a email! xP
But just a question...
This setence: "I started my education in Portugal, and I will to finish in Cape Verde.."
Doesn't require a «it» between finish and in
Reply 24
Original post by twelve

Original post by twelve
Really good :smile: Amazing in fact considering you say your english isn't great! Changed a few grammatical things, and all the italics are just little notes I thought might be useful. You could send it the way you wrote it and they'd understand, but I can tell you want it to soud the best it can :smile: Good luck!

Hey! Just one more question... Since I've got to apply a year before I finnish high school... What grades do I put on my curriculum?
Reply 25
Title is misleading, there is nothing formal about an e-mail.
Reply 26
Hey! Just one more question... Since I've got to apply a year before I finnish high school... What grades do I put on my curriculum?

You will fill out UCAS and say your final grades are 'pending' - its an option to put in :smile: And when your current teachers write your reference, they will put your predicted grades.

Ok... Guys, I'm tryng to use all of your advice to make a hell of a email! xP
But just a question...
This setence: "I started my education in Portugal, and I will to finish in Cape Verde.."
Doesn't require a «it» between finish and in

You want to say - "I started my education in Portugal, and I will finish it in Cape Verde."

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending