The Student Room Group

Part time to full time finance help

So far I've studied my course as a part time student and it's taken 2 years for each level (Level 1 2yrs, Level 2 2 years) but next academic year in september, the course essentially switches to full time, being one year only.
FULL TIME COURSE IS 3 YEARS, PART TIME IS 5 YEARS.

The only thing I won't be doing is my dissertation because I have to do that this year. So that's only one module missing from the full time schedule.
Because of the extra commitment from september - essentially a full time course year of lectures and seminars - I will find it difficult to keep working as i have been doing for the past 4 years.

I've heard a lot of students, lots even on my course, switch from full time to part time, but can students switch from part time to full time? I really need the full time finance options (student loan, maintenance grant etc) but because i would have done my dissertation this year do i qualify to do that?

Any help would be great as i'm stuck between a rock and a hard place - if i stay part time i can't afford the extra travel and time off work but i can't quit my job if i don't have money coming in to pay rent etc.
Reply 1
I've never come across a situation such as this before so I'm afraid the best advice I could give you is to speak to SF and/or your uni's finance dept.

As far as the dissertation - this should be irrelevant if you will not actually be getting a degree after handing it in, and will need to do further study to graduate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending