The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Hull offer

I have applied for law and got a letter from them saying they would like to make me an offer however it is currently unofficial

Is this normal to be sent a letter and course details saying they want to make you an offer but unofficially
They're giving you a chance to withdraw your application before you decide to go there and get stabbed.
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
Yeah, I got the letter before the offer updated on track (it took about 2 days for me). Apparently it's just a precaution in case the Admissions department don't agree with the offer the subject department gave you.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
I've got the letter also (yesterday). However the letter has been written on 15th December and my track hasn't been updated. Should I be worried that after all I'm going to get a rejection ? (it's for Law with language)
Reply 4
Original post by A level Az
They're giving you a chance to withdraw your application before you decide to go there and get stabbed.

Thought that was just down south

Ok then was a bit worried at first but if they are just doing a final check then that will just have to do and wait til it updates
Reply 5
Original post by Lukesxs
Thought that was just down south

Ok then was a bit worried at first but if they are just doing a final check then that will just have to do and wait til it updates

Mine updated yesterday in the evening : ) !
Reply 6
Hey, I had the same problem. Got an offer about a week before christmas and it only updated yesterday. I got an AAB offer from Hull for English and Creative Writing. I don't think I'm ever going to get that as my predicted are BBB... it doesn't really make sense. But oh well
Reply 7
Dont worry, they sent me a letter offering me a place a few days before xmas and its only just come through on UCAS today - Law (ABB)
Reply 8
Yeah just got my offer now 320 is that with general studies as it says on the uni site the course is but my letter does not any one know
Reply 9
I had a letter too saying I had an informal offer but that was about 2 weeks ago and I still haven't had the offer from UCAS :s-smilie:
Reply 10
I would think it will be made official now the deadline for UCAS applications has passed. Just keep checking Track :smile:
Reply 11
Yeh got the offer about half an hour ago, definitely gonna be my firm! :smile:
Got my offer for Psychology a few weeks ago - 280 points. :smile: Definitely my top choice! :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest