The Student Room Group

The Trans*/Non-Cisgender Thread

Scroll to see replies

Hey thanks for making this thread. I was born female but do not identify as female. I identify as either FTM [female to male] or androgynous/genderqueer.

I wear my hair in a guys cut [usually a fohawk] and wear guys clothes.

It's nice to know I'm not alone :smile:

Edit: I forgot about the questioneer lol i'm sorry

How would you describe your gender and sexual identity? I identify somewhere between male and genderqueer/androgynous
What are your preferred pronouns? He
Are you out to anyone in real life/offline? Yes I'm out
Do you have any long-term plans with regards to surgery/hormones/similar? I'm not sure yet.....I have cut my hair and wear guys clothes and bind...but that's it for now. I have no money for anything else.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by NightFire411
Hey thanks for making this thread. I was born female but do not identify as female. I identify as either FTM [female to male] or androgynous/genderqueer.

welcome to the thread:smile:

seems to be growing nicely, (however we need more transgirls... its getting a little lonely here :tongue: :biggrin: )
Reply 142
Original post by Cool Cat
I wish I could let you have them. I'd take yours without a shdow of a doubt. I wish I was mr. potato head with removable parts :h:

:frown:

I would so buy you if you were. XD
Reply 143
I now have a flat chest, it is ****ing AMAZING :party:
Original post by ZZ9

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: awesome!
Original post by NightFire411

Edit: I forgot about the questioneer lol i'm sorry

How would you describe your gender and sexual identity? I identify somewhere between male and genderqueer/androgynous
What are your preferred pronouns? He
Are you out to anyone in real life/offline? Yes I'm out
Do you have any long-term plans with regards to surgery/hormones/similar? I'm not sure yet.....I have cut my hair and wear guys clothes and bind...but that's it for now. I have no money for anything else.

Fauxhawks ftw mate :five: I wear mine like that the odd time or just push the front up slightly or to the side.

also mate, I snooped on your profile and you pass man (hot aswell may I say)
Original post by Hylean
I would so buy you if you were. XD

LOL why? I'm trying to work out if that's a huge compliment or what :colondollar:

I wouldn't buy myself put it that way :frown:
Original post by ZZ9

:yy: :yy:
underworks by any chance? :tongue:

I have a binder from there but it's stretched a bit now :frown: I might go a size smaller next time as even just a hint of boob makes me freak out a little
Reply 148
Original post by Cool Cat
:yy: :yy:
underworks by any chance? :tongue:

I have a binder from there but it's stretched a bit now :frown: I might go a size smaller next time as even just a hint of boob makes me freak out a little

Yep :biggrin:

It's more comfortable than I'd expected (I've been binding with bandages), and oh, the result is better and I can breathe :biggrin:
Reply 149
The back of my binder ripped a bit last night. They were second-hand as it is (from a transguy I know in America who has legitimately had them like 3 years) and they don't have long left, and I can't afford more :emo:

On the plus side, I have definitely been referred to a gender clinic. They're just **** at getting back to me. :tongue:
Reply 150
I have no idea at all how to put a picture into a post, but LOOK :biggrin:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/album.php?albumid=4515&pictureid=17144

I apologise for all the "MY CHEST MY CHEST MY CHEST", but I actually feel good about myself, so I'm going to talk about it :tongue:
Original post by ZZ9

I apologise for all the "MY CHEST MY CHEST MY CHEST", but I actually feel good about myself, so I'm going to talk about it :tongue:

Wow, very nice!

(PRSOM.)
Hi guys, sorry to keep posting here (I'm cis, but this thread's so interesting that I've subscribed!) but there's a programme on tonight that you might be interested in. It's called "Coming Out Diaries" and it's on BBC Three at 9pm tonight. Just thought I'd let you know. :smile:
Reply 153
Original post by Tortious
Hi guys, sorry to keep posting here (I'm cis, but this thread's so interesting that I've subscribed!) but there's a programme on tonight that you might be interested in. It's called "Coming Out Diaries" and it's on BBC Three at 9pm tonight. Just thought I'd let you know. :smile:

This sounds fantastic :biggrin: (Oh god oh god I still haven't told my parents. But I'm off to the LGBT society tonight and telling them, so.. that's a start.)
Reply 154
Original post by ZZ9

That's awesome!! :biggrin:

Does it not hurt though? Or (personal question sorry) are they not particularly big in the first place?
Original post by Ruthie!

Does it not hurt though? Or (personal question sorry) are they not particularly big in the first place?

Sorry to jump in, but from my personal experience, my binder doesn't hurt at all. It's very comfy and most of the time, I hardly notice it.
Reply 156
Original post by najinaji
Sorry to jump in, but from my personal experience, my binder doesn't hurt at all. It's very comfy and most of the time, I hardly notice it.

No worries, it was a question for anyone really :smile:
Reply 157
Original post by Ruthie!

I'm so, so happy about it :biggrin:

Nope- I thought it would (bandages do), but it doesn't. It just feels right, which is sort of odd, because I wasn't particularly conscious of feeling wrong.

They're fairly average sized, I think (I wear a C cup bra, which isn't small, but also not that big).
Reply 158
Original post by ZZ9
I'm so, so happy about it :biggrin:

Nope- I thought it would (bandages do), but it doesn't. It just feels right, which is sort of odd, because I wasn't particularly conscious of feeling wrong.

They're fairly average sized, I think (I wear a C cup bra, which isn't small, but also not that big).

Wow that's really impressive then! :smile:
its been awsome to read about other peoples triumphs on this thread -

i can add a small one of my own (only small - as this is still very early on for me) but i came out to my second person, today... slowly slowly slowly, im telling people, but its taking time... positive reaction though, which was nice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest