Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Here, I attend to clarify the origin of Christianity and its reality. It is for all people in order that they may understand the roots of the Christian belief. Readers will notice my poor English, but I have tried my best to keep words clear & reasonable as much as possible. I have used the help of some previously published books & The New Testament in Modern English.

Christ the Messiah – Son of God

We find in the Gospel of Matthew 3:17
    “And a voice came out of heaven saying, ‘‘this is my dearly-loved Son, in whom I am well pleased.’’

Everyone used to call Jesus Christ: ‘Son of God.’

Read Matthew 14:33
    “The whole crew came and knelt down before Jesus, crying, “you are indeed the Son of God.”

Again, John 1:49
    “Master, you are the Son of God, you are the king of Israel !”

John declared clearly that he believes Jesus to be Son of God (1:34). We find a lot like this mentioned in many places throughout the Torah and the Gospels.

Christians use this as evidence to convince people that Jesus Christ is Son of God. So what do ‘Christians’ have to say about this evidence:

Inside the same Torah and inside the same Gospels there is evidence, to the contrary, that nullifies this belief:

Matthew 5:9
    ‘‘Happy are those who make peace, for they will be known as sons of God!’’

Luke 3:38
    ‘‘Who was the son of Enos, who was the son of Seth, who was the son Adam, who was the Son of God.’’

John 1:12,13
    ‘Own creation, and his own people would not accept him. Yet wherever men did accept him he gave them the power to become Sons of God.’’

(To read more examples: Exodus 4:22, Psalms 2:7, Chronicles 22:9,10.)

So, it is not something particular to the Messiah then? The description related in the book is given not only to other prophets but also to nations and peoples!

I don’t know, If anyone can be Son of God so why should I worship, in particular, Jesus Christ then? I should worship the one who sent Jesus Christ, the one who gave all that power to the him, as in Matthew 11:27 “Everything has been put on my hands by my father.” the one who Jesus tried to make children of Israel worship and whom he himself call ‘God’.

In Mark 12:29:
    [SIZE=3]“Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God, the Lord is One”[/SIZE]

(Original post by superior)
    Here, I attend to clarify the origin of Christianity and its reality. It is for all people in order that they may understand the roots of the Christian belief. Readers will notice my poor English, but I have tried my best to keep words clear & reasonable as much as possible. I have used the help of some previously published books & The New Testament in Modern English.

Christ the Messiah – Son of God

We find in the Gospel of Matthew 3:17
    “And a voice came out of heaven saying, ‘‘this is my dearly-loved Son, in whom I am well pleased.’’

Everyone used to call Jesus Christ: ‘Son of God.’

Read Matthew 14:33
    “The whole crew came and knelt down before Jesus, crying, “you are indeed the Son of God.”

Again, John 1:49
    “Master, you are the Son of God, you are the king of Israel !”

John declared clearly that he believes Jesus to be Son of God (1:34). We find a lot like this mentioned in many places throughout the Torah and the Gospels.

Christians use this as evidence to convince people that Jesus Christ is Son of God. So what do ‘Christians’ have to say about this evidence:

Inside the same Torah and inside the same Gospels there is evidence, to the contrary, that nullifies this belief:

Matthew 5:9
    ‘‘Happy are those who make peace, for they will be known as sons of God!’’

Luke 3:38
    ‘‘Who was the son of Enos, who was the son of Seth, who was the son Adam, who was the Son of God.’’

John 1:12,13
    ‘Own creation, and his own people would not accept him. Yet wherever men did accept him he gave them the power to become Sons of God.’’

(To read more examples: Exodus 4:22, Psalms 2:7, Chronicles 22:9,10.)

So, it is not something particular to the Messiah then? The description related in the book is given not only to other prophets but also to nations and peoples!

I don’t know, If anyone can be Son of God so why should I worship, in particular, Jesus Christ then? I should worship the one who sent Jesus Christ, the one who gave all that power to the him, as in Matthew 11:27 “Everything has been put on my hands by my father.” the one who Jesus tried to make children of Israel worship and whom he himself call ‘God’.

In Mark 12:29:
    [SIZE=3]“Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God, the Lord is One”[/SIZE]
    Why are you telling us this?
    J

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foolfarian)
    J
    Ennit.

ReputationRep:
    Oh is that it? An attempt to discredit a 2000 year old doctrine with a few select verses? LOL!

Why dont you try testing your knowledge against real Christian apologists. Here try this.

http://www.thebereans.net/forum/index.php

Tell the people there that DoctorNO sent you to be educated.

Greet abuGian for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoctorNO)
    Oh is that it? An attempt to discredit a 2000 year old doctrine with a few select verses? LOL!

Why dont you try testing your knowledge against real Christian apologists. Here try this.

http://www.thebereans.net/forum/index.php

Tell the people there that DoctorNO sent you to be educated.

Greet abuGian for me.
    Dr No what religion are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foolfarian)
    J
    Its supposed to be a subtle way to redirect you to his religion. These people think that the more they discredit another religion the more they prove the authenticity of their religion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHANDY)
    Dr No what religion are you?
    NONE. I am a proud & happy AGNOSTIC.

ReputationRep:
    NONE. I am a proud & happy AGNOSTIC.
    That's good Dr No.

Its supposed to be a subtle way to redirect you to his religion. These people think that the more they discredit another religion the more they prove the authenticity of their religion.
    To be honest it makes a welcome change having a Jew post one of these religious blurbs. All we seem to get recently is the damn Islamic society
    J

ReputationRep:
    Rubbish, total rubbish. You may be brainwashed, but there are people on this board who still have the healthy, natural minds they were born with. Go pester another message board.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnostic)
    Another fundamentalist nut, this time of the Christian religion.

These loonies honestly think that by quoting bits and pieces of their holy books that somehow we will join them in their madness.
    Why are they anymore crazy than you and your beliefs.

You need to learn some respect.

ReputationRep:
    No one cares about your defence of these loonies.

By that token - you are a loony.

(Original post by Bigcnee)
    By that token - you are a loony.
    He's also a plank. By my reckonings the original post is an attempt to convert people to judaism, and is doing so by attacking christianity
    J

Why am I not surprised to read that you're at Bath?
    Why am i not suprised to see you're at school
    J

ReputationRep:
    Why am I not surprised to read that you're at Bath?
    Because my superior intellect intimidates you?

ReputationRep:
    You know, I only just read the post properly and realised that it was a looney attacking loonies of a different kind - normally when I encounter this nonsense I dont bother to fully read it.
    Your sig is utter S***e.

I'm not at school you muppet
    gap year ey.
    that means you are at the school level of education
    J

ReputationRep:
    This 'superior' poster is a muslim. It is a very common muslim tactic to discredit the fundamental doctrines of christianity in order to (senselessly) prove that Islam is the true religion.
    haaaaaaahahahaha

ReputationRep:
    I hardly think that someone from Bath Uni is anywhere near an equal to me, princess.
    a) You'll learn some humanity when you finally get to Uni. At the moment, University is just league tables to you.

b) My subject is clearly better at Bath.

c) I don't even know why I'm replying. You're obviously a pompous fool.

ReputationRep:
    Another fundamentalist nut, this time of the Christian religion.

These loonies honestly think that by quoting bits and pieces of their holy books that somehow we will join them in their madness.
    This 'superior' poster is a muslim. It is a very common muslim tactic to discredit the fundamental doctrines of christianity in order to (senselessly) prove that Islam is the true religion.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.