(Original post by Gnostic)
    Those in glass houses...
    I sense muchos hypocrisy.

ReputationRep:
    lol
    Find something amusing?

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting for Gnostic's 'evidence' but yes, anyway.....

ReputationRep:
    Nothing gets past you Einstein, does it?
    Evidently. I'd rather be referred to as Gauss or Euler. Einstein was a Physicist *shudder*.

ReputationRep:
    Call it “intuition”...
    Your "intuition" is renowned for mistakes.

ReputationRep:
    Call it “intuition”...
    It must be great to posess something which makes all arguement void. Couldn't see it standing up in a court of law but well yes...

ReputationRep:
    TIME OUT!

http://msn.careerbuilder.com/Custom/...130421064-r4-1

The boss is giving you the boot.

Your white-knuckled clutch is now grasping the pink slip that has hurtled you into the unemployment line.

But there is this niggling thought in your head that management's reason for letting you go is not quite adding up.

Wrongful termination from a job encompasses a wide-range of possibilities. The key, experts say, is to determine whether the actions against you were illegal.

Because every worker's situation is unique, there are not any easy formulas or guidelines to determine whether a boss unlawfully fired you. Figuring whether there is a case can be a confusing and time-consuming process.

Seeking the advice of a lawyer, along with resources from state and federal agencies, can help determine whether pursuing the underlying reasons for your dismissal is worth it.While laws might vary from state to state, grounds for wrongful termination include discrimination, based on age, race, creed, color, sex, national origin, religion, disability or pregnancy, said Jo Ellen Whitney, who practices labor and employment law in Des Moines, Iowa.

Another area, Whitney said, is called public policy, which makes it unlawful to terminate employees in situations that include firing workers for filing a health or worker's compensation claim. A termination also can be illegal if it violates the terms of an employment contract.

Federal and state "whistle-blower" statutes also protect some or all workers from harassment from an employer, Whitney said.

(Original post by DoctorNO)
    TIME OUT!

http://msn.careerbuilder.com/Custom/...130421064-r4-1

The boss is giving you the boot.

Your white-knuckled clutch is now grasping the pink slip that has hurtled you into the unemployment line.

But there is this niggling thought in your head that management's reason for letting you go is not quite adding up.

Wrongful termination from a job encompasses a wide-range of possibilities. The key, experts say, is to determine whether the actions against you were illegal.

Because every worker's situation is unique, there are not any easy formulas or guidelines to determine whether a boss unlawfully fired you. Figuring whether there is a case can be a confusing and time-consuming process.

Seeking the advice of a lawyer, along with resources from state and federal agencies, can help determine whether pursuing the underlying reasons for your dismissal is worth it.While laws might vary from state to state, grounds for wrongful termination include discrimination, based on age, race, creed, color, sex, national origin, religion, disability or pregnancy, said Jo Ellen Whitney, who practices labor and employment law in Des Moines, Iowa.

Another area, Whitney said, is called public policy, which makes it unlawful to terminate employees in situations that include firing workers for filing a health or worker's compensation claim. A termination also can be illegal if it violates the terms of an employment contract.

Federal and state "whistle-blower" statutes also protect some or all workers from harassment from an employer, Whitney said.
    I don't get it. You chose to print this why?
    J

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foolfarian)
    I don't get it. You chose to print this why?
    J
    Just to divert some attention to something that is also irrelevant. as you could see this thread had degenerated into a wrestling match.

I think it worked. see they stopped altogether.

Don't be so sure.....

For a graduate you are quite the petulent child.

And for a Cambridge twit you are true to form.
    Do enlighten me as to what form you are talking about.
    Daring to disagree, or pointing out that you are being purile.
    J

Before I enlighten you, Mr Fool, do enlighten me as to why you have elected to use an image from Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange as your avatar - after all, how can a looney liberal, such as yourself, hope to have any possible of the Dionysian masterpiece that is A Clockwork Orange?
    I like the film.
    Is that ok, or do you want me to use big fancy words to explain
    J

ReputationRep:
    Theology student here!!!
    OK, the whole 'Son of God'/'Son of Man'/'Son of David'/'Messiah' debate is an age-old Christological problem in the New Testament, particularly in the Synoptic Gospels. At the moment I'm studying Mark's Gospel and the use of these terms in this text seems to be used for specific effect. The term 'Son of God', for example, is only used before the Passion by the demons which Jesus silences in an attempt to conceal his identity. In 8:29, Peter makes the ironically misunderstood declaration "you are the Christ" ('Christ' being the Greek version of the Hebraic 'Messiah). The reason the term 'Christ' or 'Messiah' is said to be misunderstood in this context is because Jesus does not fulfill the role of the Messiah until the Passion. The commonly understood definition of the Christ or the Messiah in the Jewish tradition at the time was as a Davidic king who would come to free Israel from Roman rule. Jesus, of course, was not this sort of Messiah; in fact, it could be said that he sought to redefine the term, which is where images such as the crown of thorns acquire their ironic value. Integral to the meaning of the Messiah when it is used to refer to Jesus is the suffering and redemptive theme which is so important in the New Testament. Therefore, Jesus could not be the Messiah at all without having suffered on the cross. However, he always was the Son of God, but this is just a part of what it means to be the Messiah, as messiahship cannot be achieved independently of suffering. Any questions, PM me and I'll try to help, but I'm no expert.

ReputationRep:
    To use words that you can understand, "that is ok".
    It must be hard living in contempt of so many around you.
    Is there any particular reason you are so embittered against Bath and Cambridge?
    Care to add more to you list of hates?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superior)
    Here, I attend to clarify the origin of Christianity and its reality. It is for all people in order that they may understand the roots of the Christian belief. Readers will notice my poor English, but I have tried my best to keep words clear & reasonable as much as possible. I have used the help of some previously published books & The New Testament in Modern English.

Christ the Messiah – Son of God

We find in the Gospel of Matthew 3:17
    “And a voice came out of heaven saying, ‘‘this is my dearly-loved Son, in whom I am well pleased.’’

Everyone used to call Jesus Christ: ‘Son of God.’

Read Matthew 14:33
    “The whole crew came and knelt down before Jesus, crying, “you are indeed the Son of God.”

Again, John 1:49
    “Master, you are the Son of God, you are the king of Israel !”

John declared clearly that he believes Jesus to be Son of God (1:34). We find a lot like this mentioned in many places throughout the Torah and the Gospels.

Christians use this as evidence to convince people that Jesus Christ is Son of God. So what do ‘Christians’ have to say about this evidence:

Inside the same Torah and inside the same Gospels there is evidence, to the contrary, that nullifies this belief:

Matthew 5:9
    ‘‘Happy are those who make peace, for they will be known as sons of God!’’

Luke 3:38
    ‘‘Who was the son of Enos, who was the son of Seth, who was the son Adam, who was the Son of God.’’

John 1:12,13
    ‘Own creation, and his own people would not accept him. Yet wherever men did accept him he gave them the power to become Sons of God.’’

(To read more examples: Exodus 4:22, Psalms 2:7, Chronicles 22:9,10.)

So, it is not something particular to the Messiah then? The description related in the book is given not only to other prophets but also to nations and peoples!

I don’t know, If anyone can be Son of God so why should I worship, in particular, Jesus Christ then? I should worship the one who sent Jesus Christ, the one who gave all that power to the him, as in Matthew 11:27 “Everything has been put on my hands by my father.” the one who Jesus tried to make children of Israel worship and whom he himself call ‘God’.

In Mark 12:29:
    [SIZE=3]“Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God, the Lord is One”[/SIZE]
    Go on, pull the other one...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by preyingmantis)
    It must be hard living in contempt of so many around you.
    Is there any particular reason you are so embittered against Bath and Cambridge?
    Care to add more to you list of hates?
    I think the list is too large for this thread to contain.

ReputationRep:
    Have you just woken up? Or is this grunt a result of too much drug-taking?
    You're not making any logical sense.

ReputationRep:
    Logic dictates that you are a nincompoop.
    Erm, what are the premises which have led to this conclusion? I'm sure you must have committed some sort of fallacy somewhere along the line.

ReputationRep:
    You're so childish.
    You're seriously boring me.

ReputationRep:
    Premise 1 – “nincompoop” is here defined as any Bath maths student who is a looser and uses his own picture for an avatar
    Premise 2 – Bigcnee is a Bath maths student who is a looser and uses his own picture for an avatar
    Logical Conclusion – Bigcnee is a nincompoop

You may question the premises, but the logic is impeccable
    What a curious spelling of "loser".

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.