Queen Mary maths assessment HELP HELP HELP HELP!!!! Watch

st13
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hello there fellow people !!!!
and HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO everybody else reading this.

Basically, to put the long into short, I applied to QM for computer science BUT had a 'C' at GCSE maths while they wanted a 'B', BUT I still applied and got this email.... :

'' We would like you to come for a UCAS Open day and Maths assessment.

The purpose of the Open day is to take the Maths test, and to enable you to see the School and the Queen Mary campus. The Maths assessment is on the foundation level, it covers areas of mathematics such as algebra, graphs, area and volume. The test will take 1 hour and the use of calculators is not allowed. "

So, did anyone else receive this email or got into a university via doing a similar activity. If anyone knows what will exactly happen on this day please provide as much information as you can. For example, do I need to revise for it, is the test hard, mind you I have forget alot of maths !!!
GuyUK
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by st13)
Hello there fellow people !!!!
and HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO everybody else reading this.

Basically, to put the long into short, I applied to QM for computer science BUT had a 'C' at GCSE maths while they wanted a 'B', BUT I still applied and got this email.... :

'' We would like you to come for a UCAS Open day and Maths assessment.

The purpose of the Open day is to take the Maths test, and to enable you to see the School and the Queen Mary campus. The Maths assessment is on the foundation level, it covers areas of mathematics such as algebra, graphs, area and volume. The test will take 1 hour and the use of calculators is not allowed. "

So, did anyone else receive this email or got into a university via doing a similar activity. If anyone knows what will exactly happen on this day please provide as much information as you can. For example, do I need to revise for it, is the test hard, mind you I have forget alot of maths !!!
The maths is likely to be GCSE level.

With a C at GCSE Maths, then you may struggle on the course if you got accepted. Are you doing A level maths? If you are, and get a good grade, B or above. Then you wouldn't of need to do the test? Which I assume means you are not taking A level maths.
jstarunited
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
As above said; it will be GCSE, possibly AS Level. Even though computer science isn't 100% maths; you will still need a decent amount of knowledge to cope with the degree. Also for every maths degree in first year; you had to sit a 2 hour multiple choice exam anyway to prove you can cope with uni maths. Not sure if that has changed.
Uclmem
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have also received an e-mail asking for test.can you guys please help me that whats topics did the test covered?was it hard or eas
Iqbal007
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Uclmem)
I have also received an e-mail asking for test.can you guys please help me that whats topics did the test covered?was it hard or eas
Email them directly and ask them directly, there response will be far more helpful
Lexxlonely
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi everyone I have got my A* in GCSE maths but I also got email to do the maths test. Are you sure that it is like GCSE level?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Queen Mary University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 26 Jun '20
  • Queen Mary University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Jun '20

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
10.53%
They might tell the bully (3)
15.79%
I don't think they'd understand (3)
15.79%
It might lead to more bullying (6)
31.58%
There's nothing they could do (5)
26.32%

Watched Threads