Branding and scarification

Watch
Schmokie Dragon
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Anyone got these body mods? I'm getting branded soon, hopefully before I get my first tattoo in March. I'm currently unmodified - don't even have pierced ears - so fairly nervous.

Any photos to share?
umop apisdn
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Start small! I'd actually suggest you get a piercing fist just in case you change your mind about permanently marking yourself.
Schmokie Dragon
Rep:
?
(Original post by umop apisdn)
Start small! I'd actually suggest you get a piercing fist just in case you change your mind about permanently marking yourself.
I'm phobic of piercings/injections/etc. I am working on getting over this (have had a number of 'play piercings' performed by someone I love and trust) but still not ready for a permanent piercing.

Not worried about disliking mods. I have enough self-inflicted scars to know that I can handle permanent marks with feeling regret.
erniiee
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Branding and scarification? Sounds painful..
boba
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
ignore people who say "start small" I have only one tattoo and its very large everyone told me I should get something little "to start with" but there is nothing else I would want on my forever and if I had listened to them I would of been stuck with something I don't really want for my whole life
Schmokie Dragon
Rep:
?
(Original post by boba)
ignore people who say "start small" I have only one tattoo and its very large everyone told me I should get something little "to start with" but there is nothing else I would want on my forever and if I had listened to them I would of been stuck with something I don't really want for my whole life
My brand will be fairly small anyway - only a few inches. Same with my first tattoo.

For me body mods are an aesthetic and emotional need. I wouldn't get anything done that I wasn't 100% sure about.
Aivicore
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Are you having it burned or etched?

My ex had brands across his shoulder blades that were burned, and said they hurt like hell. But hey, if it's a scar you're going in for, you should probably be down with pain.

Out of interest, what will it look like?
boba
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Schmokie Dragon)
My brand will be fairly small anyway - only a few inches. Same with my first tattoo.

For me body mods are an aesthetic and emotional need. I wouldn't get anything done that I wasn't 100% sure about.
if what you want is small then obviously thats different
I suppose the only other advice I can think of is perhaps take someone with you to support you
Schmokie Dragon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rananagirl)
Are you having it burned or etched?

My ex had brands across his shoulder blades that were burned, and said they hurt like hell. But hey, if it's a scar you're going in for, you should probably be down with pain.

Out of interest, what will it look like?
It's a snake-bite brand. It will look like a stylised arrow, comprised of an A and a T.
Kate.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Prepare for a pretty vile smell, haha. I sat with my friend while she had a cutting and a branding (branding was just above her ankle). It seemed very painful tbh. Practice your deep breathing. Are you taking anyone with you?
Aivicore
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's a snake-bite brand. It will look like a stylised arrow, comprised of an A and a T.
Ah, well snake-bites aren't meant to be too bad then, actually.
Plus, they're much more precise, so your brand will come out as it's meant to and not as a fairly random scar...

In theory, it shouldn't be too painful because snake-bites burn through the nerves straight away. The area around where nerves are still present will be a bit painful, though, since it gets burned (to a lesser extent) as well.

A friend of mine actually said it was less painful than a normal tattoo, so who knows?!
Schmokie Dragon
Rep:
?
(Original post by boba)
if what you want is small then obviously thats different
I suppose the only other advice I can think of is perhaps take someone with you to support you
(Original post by Kate.)
Prepare for a pretty vile smell, haha. I sat with my friend while she had a cutting and a branding (branding was just above her ankle). It seemed very painful tbh. Practice your deep breathing. Are you taking anyone with you?
One of my partners is doing the brand himself, so he'll be there to make sure I'm OK and do aftercare.

I've watched a branding before so I know how it smells. Burnt flesh, lovely ...

(Original post by Rananagirl)
Ah, well snake-bites aren't meant to be too bad then, actually.
Plus, they're much more precise, so your brand will come out as it's meant to and not as a fairly random scar...

In theory, it shouldn't be too painful because snake-bites burn through the nerves straight away. The area around where nerves are still present will be a bit painful, though, since it gets burned (to a lesser extent) as well.

A friend of mine actually said it was less painful than a normal tattoo, so who knows?!
I've heard they're not too painful. I go into shock quite easily so that's what I'm most worried about. I've gone into shock from play piercings before. Not looking forward to the scabbing.
Sakura-Chan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
One of my partners is doing the brand himself, so he'll be there to make sure I'm OK and do aftercare.
Where?

Photos when you've had it done, please I'm fascinated by scarification, and would love something myself one day, but there's no way in hell I'd let my partner do it for me (unless he was a professional with a sterile studio to do it in and had lots of experience!)

EDIT: Unless you don't mean partner in the relationship way I can't remember if it was you that was the piercing apprentice or not :beard:
Schmokie Dragon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sakura-Chan)
Where?

Photos when you've had it done, please I'm fascinated by scarification, and would love something myself one day, but there's no way in hell I'd let my partner do it for me (unless he was a professional with a sterile studio to do it in and had lots of experience!)

EDIT: Unless you don't mean partner in the relationship way I can't remember if it was you that was the piercing apprentice or not :beard:
We're in a relationship and he is an experienced brander. I'm not a piercing apprentice (I wish!).
Sakura-Chan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
We're in a relationship and he is an experienced brander. I'm not a piercing apprentice (I wish!).
Must have been someone else then Oh that's awesome! Does he have a portfolio or anything? [/nosy]
Schmokie Dragon
Rep:
?
Must have been someone else then Oh that's awesome! Does he have a portfolio or anything? [/nosy]
Not as such. Got a few photos but I'd have to get his permission (and the permission of the brandee) to upload them.

I'll put a photo up of mine if/when I get it done.
Schmokie Dragon
Rep:
?
So, the branding happened. Design not completely finished but I was really struggling with the pain. We'll finish it some other time.

The various errors are from where I jolted rather suddenly and knocked his aim off. C'est la vie. I really like it and I'm already planning a pattern for my forearm. A bit emo today - I think I'm on a bit of an emotional comedown.
Schmokie Dragon
Rep:
?

Photos when you've had it done, please
Done
Kennyy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

I've watched a branding before so I know how it smells. Burnt flesh, lovely ...

I've heard they're not too painful. I go into shock quite easily so that's what I'm most worried about. I've gone into shock from play piercings before. Not looking forward to the scabbing.
One of them? How many do you have?
Schmokie Dragon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kennyy)
One of them? How many do you have?
Two romantic partners. It almost doesn't matter what I post, this is the thing everyone seems to pick up on.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (24)
13.56%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.78%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
5.08%
I need help with my personal statement (74)
41.81%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (41)
23.16%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.69%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (14)
7.91%

Watched Threads