Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    How will it seem like s/he is popular?
    I think you'll find it was sarcasm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    What's that like?
    Critical thinking? A load of pointless crap in my opinion! I think it has the potential to be interesting but no-one at school takes it seriously (esp the teachers) and so it ends up being really boring

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babyboo)
    lol i think u should get em al lthen just for the fact that it i wil seem like ur popular n then u can put em in alphabetical order in ur bedroom n be even 'cooler' !!!!
    Hilarious.

I am a 'she' btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    How will it seem like s/he is popular?
    she'll be getting post all the time! she'll be like ooh not another prospectus surprise surprise who could it be today!!! gawd use ya imagination! lol x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babyboo)
    she'll be getting post all the time! she'll be like ooh not another prospectus surprise surprise who could it be today!!! gawd use ya imagination! lol x
    Lol yeah, it'd be well funny if they all came on like the same day

ReputationRep:
    The postman will hate you for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insatiable)
    The postman will hate you for it.
    Oh yeah i never thought of that...but it would be well funny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Lol yeah, it'd be well funny if they all came on like the same day

WOW and then u could have a whole day organising ya prospectuses!!! how much 'fun' would that be! gawd im dead jealous wish id done that now :rolleyes: !!!!!!!!! (im thinkin thank god i is going gatecrasher this weekend....need to get wasted n a life!)

ReputationRep:
    A lot of unis have most of their info on their websites and many have the complete prospectus online. You could probably get by with no prospectuses, and just go to opendays and things if you want a proper picture.

Sometimes it's nice to have something to flick thorugh though so maybe you could order around 8-10. Also bear in mind most schools and colleges have a section full of prospectuses in their libaray which will save you wasting too many trees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    A lot of unis have most of their info on their websites and many have the complete prospectus online. You could probably get by with no prospectuses, and just go to opendays and things if you want a proper picture.

Sometimes it's nice to have something to flick thorugh though so maybe you could order around 8-10. Also bear in mind most schools and colleges have a section full of prospectuses in their libaray which will save you wasting too many trees.
    I know what you mean about it all being on the net but I like having a hard copy of them to look at. Dunno why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    I know what you mean about it all being on the net but I like having a hard copy of them to look at. Dunno why.
    Me too

ReputationRep:
    LOL!!
    My year had a bit of thing for prospecti (I don't know if thats the correct word but its used so much round here!), turned us all into kleptomaniacs!! There were competitions as who had the best & most etc...really quite sad but living in small valley town anything can turn comical! I remember spending a day in the school library with my friends just laughing at the pictures & quotes they put in them, they're so funny! As a year group we 'borrowed' so many from the school...used to drive the librarians mad! I didn't have that many really, the internet was far quicker & I ordered more departmental books than uni prospecti. I've kept 6 for the places I applied (just in case I have to face clearing) & recylcled the rest...after a few crazy friends cut out their 'favourite pictures'....

I feel quite sad now...

ReputationRep:
    i've just sent off for about 5 prospectuses for different colleges at oxford. i'm pretty sure i want to go to oxford, just don't know which one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie J)
    LOL!!
    My year had a bit of thing for prospecti (I don't know if thats the correct word but its used so much round here!), turned us all into kleptomaniacs!! There were competitions as who had the best & most etc...really quite sad but living in small valley town anything can turn comical! I remember spending a day in the school library with my friends just laughing at the pictures & quotes they put in them, they're so funny! As a year group we 'borrowed' so many from the school...used to drive the librarians mad! I didn't have that many really, the internet was far quicker & I ordered more departmental books than uni prospecti. I've kept 6 for the places I applied (just in case I have to face clearing) & recylcled the rest...after a few crazy friends cut out their 'favourite pictures'....

I feel quite sad now...
    Hehe that's funny. So how many did you get then? What was the most anyone had? Just out of interest :P lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Hehe that's funny. So how many did you get then? What was the most anyone had? Just out of interest :P lol
    Personally I had about 10-15 maybe a bit more, but my friends and I shared them so didn't keep all the ones I ordered.

Errr...I hate to think how many...loads I should imagine...I lost track after a while...I think Ben had a collection to rival the libraries (or actually he took the library ones to add to his collection...) and took everyone elses spare ones. I'll try & find out for you if you like, they were very proud of themselves! Should I include departmental/college prospecti? LOL Crazy people...

ReputationRep:
    I got about 30 by the end, and then when i started visiting they gave me wven more, i went to a UCAS fair and har a rucksack and 2 carrier bags full of them

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool has the most attractive prospectus I've seen. Imperial's is pretty.

ReputationRep:
    Southampton's came on a CD!!

I quite liked Durham's, turn it over & a whole new one!

Sheffield had two for 2004, different covers for the same uni (not Hallem {sp?})

A friend also admires the Cardiff one (but I think it's the UWCM one), obsessively I fear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    Liverpool has the most attractive prospectus I've seen. Imperial's is pretty.
    Yeah I live in Liverpool and their prospectus even impressed me - they've sure done a good job of marketing it this year lol.....

has anyone seen Keele's - the one with the love theme? It's on the undergrad part of the website too. That was quite kewl I thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Riz*)
    Yeah I live in Liverpool and their prospectus even impressed me - they've sure done a good job of marketing it this year lol.....

has anyone seen Keele's - the one with the love theme? It's on the undergrad part of the website too. That was quite kewl I thought.
    Reminded me of the publicity shots of Hong Kong etc, as cool as liverpool is, people are going to be disappointed if they haven't seen it in the flesh :P

Keele's just screamed "we haven't got any photos of nice things so we're just going to make it look like an IKEA advert." IMO.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.